2018 might be Jeff Gordon's last year in booth

aroundgoes

Team Owner

DLFurR8UEAAgu7f.jpg

Good. He's a much better racer than commentator.

Probably cant take all of the inorganic material and ad copy thrown their way.

I like Jeff in the booth but I hope he leaves to take on a bigger role with HMS as that is more important work. I think it is much more important for race car booth people to be cycled in and out regularly in order to have people in place that know about the cars from a driver and CC's perspective. The exception is Larry Mac as he seems committed to remaining current where DW just acts folksy and mails it in.

Maybe Carl Edwards can take the job and tell us stories of him almost being a good enough to win a title.

I would hate to hear Carl become a Nascar apologist so I hope he stays home with his family and puts Nascar in his rear view mirror.

This is interesting news, I hope JG goes more into management/business side at HMS with the occasional IMSA race and a race here or there for Jr Motorsports

I like Carl but this is a good burn.

I wanna see Gordon run other series. Do some more prototype racing maybe.

His three title hunts were against a locked in Jimmie Johnson, and a locked in Stewart.

No one else in the sport would beat those guys when they are locked in lol

He has ownership in the #24 and #48 cars, so far. Wouldnt be surprised to have him more involved in HMS business quite soon.
Frankly I was surprised to see he had such little input at HMS this season. The moves at HMS for next season ( all new drivers except JJ) makes me think Jeff will be second in command as far as racing goes. 2019 could see him as the face of HMS and I for one would not be surprised at all.

I imagine Fox is waiting to put Kevin Harvick in the broadcast booth when he decides to hang it up.

This is my thoughts exactly. As a Harvick fan I am a little nervous. I know he just signed a contract extension, but I could see him going 1 more year and hanging it up. Especially since Keelan is getting to the age to start racing karts, and baby number 2 on the way. Also I could see Fox Sports give Harvick a deal much like NBC gave Jr. One that transcends sports, not just NASCAR. Fox is a big player in UFC, and so is Harvick. I am sure they wouldn't mind him having his thoughts on the sport, as well as NASCAR.

Frankly I was surprised to see he had such little input at HMS this season. The moves at HMS for next season ( all new drivers except JJ) makes me think Jeff will be second in command as far as racing goes. 2019 could see him as the face of HMS and I for one would not be surprised at all.

I could definitely see Gordon be the John Elway of Hendrick Motorsports.

Maybe Carl Edwards can take the job and tell us stories of him almost being a good enough to win a title.
I'd rather hear Carl tell us why so many people seem to have a hard time accepting that he's not going NASCAR racing again. Maybe a weekly call-in segment co-hosted with Rutledge. :rolleyes:

... I wanna see Gordon run other series. Do some more prototype racing maybe.
Yeah, that strikes me as a good way for Jeff to get his adrenaline fix on a less demanding basis. I favor anything that will put him in a sports car more often. Plus, getting out of the booth makes it easier to sub for Junior when he's inj-

Oh, yeah. Never mind that last one.

He was doing a pretty good job acting like he was a pissed off part owner yesterday I know that much.

I'd rather hear Carl tell us why so many people seem to have a hard time accepting that he's not going NASCAR racing again. Maybe a weekly call-in segment co-hosted with Rutledge. :rolleyes:
You lost me when you mentioned Rutledge. We don't need anymore clown shows.

Yeah, that strikes me as a good way for Jeff to get his adrenaline fix on a less demanding basis. I favor anything that will put him in a sports car more often. Plus, getting out of the booth makes it easier to sub for Junior when he's inj-

Oh, yeah. Never mind that last one.
Looks like Gordon is doing the IMSA Petite LeMans Race from the booth this weekend. I really thought he’d race more for Wayne Taylor this year http://autoweek.com/article/imsa/jeff-gordon-joins-imsa-petit-le-mans-broadcast-team

Back
Top Bottom