2018 Phoenix -- Can-Am 500 -- Pre-Race Thread

Bob Pockrass‏Verified account @bobpockrass 51m51 minutes ago
Teams getting cars checked (voluntarily) prior to practice today.

DrksG6oVYAAHN2W.jpg

5 replies4 retweets18 likes

Monster Energy Cup Series Restart Practice (Under Caution): 12:15 p.m.-12:25 p.m. (MRN/CNBC)

Kyle Busch's hauler hits the new pedestrian bridge, everyone is ok , but damage was done to the observation deck railing, aka it just flat tore part of it off.

It sounds like they didnt make the bridge tall enough for the haulers to clear

Holy Crap!

Reactions: Pat
This was on reddit with a different caption. Notice the never before seen gray area in front of the left rear fender?

Yeah that's one of them there new paint schemes that NASCAR hasn't policed like they said they would.

I thought the offending color was black. :unsure:

I wanted to see how far back the restart zone is. Almost in the middle of 3 and 4. May have to watch the truck race tonight to see how this will work out.

What is with this narrative they're pushing about them being angry and feeling slighted? You cheated and got caught, who are you mad at?

Dustin Long‏ @dustinlong 14h14 hours ago
#NASCAR confirms that Martin Truex Jr.’s car passed inspection on 4th attempt. Since the car failed 3 times, the team’s car chief has been ejected and Truex will be docked 30 minutes in Saturday’s final Cup practice.

looks like they threw the kitchen sink at it. I wonder what they got away with? Another good reason to increase the penalties next year IMO.

If Harvick doesn’t make Homestead I will never watch the sport again it’d be that big of an embarrassment. More time at the gym for me lol

Haulers don't fit in the tunnel and drivers can't get to the media center. You can't make this stuff up. o_O

Sherry Pollex‏Verified account @SherryPollex
Sherry Pollex Retweeted Bob Pockrass

I just went through the same thing. Every gate was closed and no one would let me out to pit road with a hard card I gave up. Ridiculous.

DrnJ1nlU0AEZapE.jpg

Bob PockrassVerified account @bobpockrass
These guys are trying to get to the media center. They are better at finding holes to fill to make a pass than to find an open gate! #newinfieldproblems
10:42 PM - 9 Nov 2018

That's the vid I saw on twitter yesterday. I don't think any other haulers tried to follow but entered a different way. IMO this is the track's fault.
a tractor trailer truck can be legally be 13'6 roughly in states east of the Mississippi, i think Oklahoma is 13'6 and 14' roughly in states, Colorado is higher I believe, west of the mis is slippery. I don't think they will be going under that 13'6 pedestrian bridge anymore. The driver should have caught it, but new place and all, and the track should have known the D.O.T. rules better when they designed it. Plenty of things to change and fix after the first race there I bet.

That's the vid I saw on twitter yesterday. I don't think any other haulers tried to follow but entered a different way. IMO this is the track's fault.
I saw the video yesterday but not the picture in this link of the hauler afterward. And It's funny that I didn't see it mentioned on the race broadcasts.

My experience has been that those beer prices are for a 24 oz can so you're paying six bucks for a can of Bud or whatnot. Still pretty ridiculous but that's the going rate at most MLB games also. PNC Park in Pgh is a little less, from my experience.

For NASCAR, it's nice that you can bring your own most places. I did buy a few beers at Bristol this year because it was raining and a long walk and didn't want to schlep a lot of stuff in.

a tractor trailer truck can be legally be 13'6 roughly in states east of the Mississippi, i think Oklahoma is 13'6 and 14' roughly in states, Colorado is higher I believe, west of the mis is slippery. I don't think they will be going under that 13'6 pedestrian bridge anymore. The driver should have caught it, but new place and all, and the track should have known the D.O.T. rules better when they designed it. Plenty of things to change and fix after the first race there I bet.
This should be a national standard, not State, IMO. Anywho, sounds like 14 would be the proper call for all tracks.
I saw the video yesterday but not the picture in this link of the hauler afterward. And It's funny that I didn't see it mentioned on the race broadcasts.
Always more info on twitter
thumb.gif

I didn't see a picture on twitter either.
Cool, competitors working together to figure out the restart zone.
3 and 4 cars trying to work it out. Toyota working with Chevy, etc.
It's interesting, but I was expecting a full lineup for this practice. I guess the drivers are getting something out of it. Just seems to me the problems are going to happen in the back.
Jamie McMurray
November 8 at 1:30 PM ·
Phoenix moved the start-finish line from what used to be the front stretch over to what used to be Turn 2, which will now be Turn 4, so, that’s going to make things a little confusing when communicating to your team. I think the big story is going to be restarts, because now you’re going to be able to cut the dogleg and that’s a lot more interesting inside of the car than it is on TV, because the transition jolts your body, the splitter hits the ground, the car’s bottoming out, and because of this, I just think restarts are going to be wild.

My experience has been that those beer prices are for a 24 oz can so you're paying six bucks for a can of Bud or whatnot. Still pretty ridiculous but that's the going rate at most MLB games also. PNC Park in Pgh is a little less, from my experience.

For NASCAR, it's nice that you can bring your own most places. I did buy a few beers at Bristol this year because it was raining and a long walk and didn't want to schlep a lot of stuff in.

This goes to most every race with me. Big enough to fit ample drinks...idk about fitting sandwhiches or food but this cooler has fit drinks for 4 people on 10 hour days at the race track and capacity has never been a problem, yet they're still small enough the track will let you in.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-...hguid=7bbbd602-bd8-166fed9b026093&athena=true

These are cheaply made, I'm on my second now. First one lasted 3 years or so. Of course dragging it over gravel, crappy NASCAR parking lots and up aluminum bleachers probably wasn't tested, lol.

Reactions: Bob
Back
Top Bottom