2018 Phoenix -- Can-Am 500 -- Pre-Race Thread

Well this is nutz

Bob Pockrass‏Verified account @bobpockrass
Some of the infield bar pricing ...

Drmy_0PU4AA4QpM.jpg

DrmzAOtV4AAf0KG.jpg

9:00 PM - 9 Nov 2018

In my opinion, if anybody pays that much money for the items listed above, they should submit to either a psychiatric exam or an IRS audit. I would be about as likely to drink toilet water as pay $12 for a beer, even if it IS 24 ounces. Who wants a 24 OZ beer anyway? Unless you chug the stuff, it will be as warm as pee by the time you get done drinking it. Heck, at Menards you can get a 24 pack of my wife's favorite bottled water for $1.99.

This should be a national standard, not State, IMO. Anywho, sounds like 14 would be the proper call for all tracks.

13'6" is the national standard. Bridges can be taller but not shorter. Trailers must be under 13'6". With a special permit you can haul taller but add a lot of miles to the trip.

13'6" is the national standard. Bridges can be taller but not shorter. Trailers must be under 13'6". With a special permit you can haul taller but add a lot of miles to the trip.
In New York city or Chicago, for instance many bridges are under 13'6" it can be a nightmare. Rand McNally Road Atlas is your friend

I hate to admit you are correct. Always thought feds set the 13'6". Learn something new every day.

Trust me on this one, I know all about Chicago. NEVER trust rand mcnally. I did. I regretted it. That was years ago so they may have changed.

Jeff Gluck‏Verified account @jeff_gluck
Walking around Phoenix infield. Wowwwwwwww. Even better than expected. Probably P1 for NASCAR track infields now. Dunno how much extra it costs to get in, but I’d pay it.

Here are the prices for the infield. After walking around, I’d say it’s about as close as you can get to having a hot pass. (Tbh you wouldn’t really need a hot pass if you this…you can basically see all of pit road behind a fence and go right in the garages, victory lane, etc.)

ISM Raceway‏Verified account @ISMRaceway

Friday: $25-$35
Saturday: $25-35
Sunday: $89-$99
All 3 days: $129

Last edited:
Reactions: Pat
Walking around Phoenix infield. Wowwwwwwww. Even better than expected. Probably P1 for NASCAR track infields now. Dunno how much extra it costs to get in, but I’d pay it.

Here are the prices for the infield. After walking around, I’d say it’s about as close as you can get to having a hot pass. (Tbh you wouldn’t really need a hot pass if you this…you can basically see all of pit road behind a fence and go right in the garages, victory lane, etc.)

ISM Raceway‏Verified account @ISMRaceway

Friday: $25-$35
Saturday: $25-35
Sunday: $89-$99
All 3 days: $129

All 3 days is the way to go.

a lot of it is permitted, but there still are plenty of spots that aren't. If it is too hot move up into the mountains, 4 degrees cooler for every thousand feet up.

NASCAR needs a good blueprint for the modern day facility. Maybe Phoenix is that facility.

Cup races should have more grandstand seating that MLB stadiums IMO. I feel like there is a happy medium of like 85-90k though.

The 9 car will be referencing the old corners today for those listening along.

The reason we can't have overhead shots of Phoenix is that it is Avondale, 30 minutes away. Those helicopters are probably alway to the canyon looking by now, and still looking.

NASCAR's quest to deny The Avondale skyline due recognition not only confuses the helicopters wanting to get an overhead shot, it also hurts the children.
Makes them question their self worth, " ain't my skyline good enough, Momie?
Oh my God, are we no better than Fort Worth??

20181111_142640.jpg

This goes to most every race with me. Big enough to fit ample drinks...idk about fitting sandwhiches or food but this cooler has fit drinks for 4 people on 10 hour days at the race track and capacity has never been a problem, yet they're still small enough the track will let you in.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-...hguid=7bbbd602-bd8-166fed9b026093&athena=true

These are cheaply made, I'm on my second now. First one lasted 3 years or so. Of course dragging it over gravel, crappy NASCAR parking lots and up aluminum bleachers probably wasn't tested, lol.

Nice rig. I roll with a backpack cooler if I'm at a home track. Serves the purpose for a few half-subs and beers. Back in the day when it was a total party I would have gone with the wheelie thing. :punkrocke

It helps when you have a teammate take out the competition. :D
he had a lot of help. Besides Hambone taking 2 contenders out, they fixed ol Kyle's left front fender up really good after he got into the back of Harvick. He took off like a rocket after that. Funny though between Hamlin and Kyle, they helped Harvick stay in the final four. The 41 they say was the fastest car out there, and Kyle winning the race made sure the 10 wasn't going to win their way in either.

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom