2018 Pocono -- Gander Outdoors 400 - Pre-Race Thread

Kahne would of had to start back there anyway since they changed engines.

I was looking for a pic of Sr's crew huddled around his car at the Start/Finish line with the #28 flag being held up following Allison's death. It was an awesome awesome moment before Sr did a polish victory lap. I bet not many people remember this. Take 5 minutes and watch from this point on. You'll be glad you did. One of the most raw moments in NASCAR history. Happened just about 25 years ago to the day...

667ce09219310178813f4e6470d58ef7--nascar-racing-dale-earnhardt.jpg

Last edited:
I've gone without cable or streaming service for months now. I'm thinking this race is the one i might subscribe.

It's funny. NASCAR has always had the philosophy of having the fans going home knowing who the winner of the race was. This is why we never see wins taken away. Yet, they can have qualifying and kick out 12-13 cars' times with people leaving thinking they saw one thing and finding out differently later on. I know qualifying and racing is two different things. But at some point, they need to take away wins from those that fail post-race inspection to get people's attention.

How much of an effect will it have to eject car chiefs? I don't know much about what a car chief does during a race.

I've gone without cable or streaming service for months now. I'm thinking this race is the one i might subscribe.
For one race? You could spend the afternoon eating and drinking in a sports bar, bribing them to change the channel, and still come out ahead of most monthly cable bills.

The sanctioning body holds a presser after inspection. Can't think of another series in the world that does that....a complete cluster. All I need now is Rodney telling me that there was no competitive advantage gained, and then I will be complete. Wake the **** up NASCAR.

Honestly, this is NASCAR's way of achieving an inverted field. With all of the passing that will go on, I predict that Gluck's poll will produce an 80% good race rating.....Welcome to "great racing." Laughable.

It's funny. NASCAR has always had the philosophy of having the fans going home knowing who the winner of the race was. This is why we never see wins taken away. Yet, they can have qualifying and kick out 12-13 cars' times with people leaving thinking they saw one thing and finding out differently later on. I know qualifying and racing is two different things. But at some point, they need to take away wins from those that fail post-race inspection to get people's attention.
They don't have the balls to that.

I'm not sure, but I think this is the first time this season the F-bomb has been dropped. :D
A men’s bathroom hygiene product that sounds like a flushable baby wipe. For dudes. The team has been having fun with it, including a contest for the best hashtag for the upcoming weekend.

Look for upcoming post crash interview were the driver sez he used his dude wipes.

Hopefully frost does not have to be removed from the cars as the track is depp in the valley

I was looking for a pic of Sr's crew huddled around his car at the Start/Finish line with the #28 flag being held up following Allison's death. It was an awesome awesome moment before Sr did a polish victory lap. I bet not many people remember this. Take 5 minutes and watch from this point on. You'll be glad you did. One of the most raw moments in NASCAR history. Happened just about 25 years ago to the day...

667ce09219310178813f4e6470d58ef7--nascar-racing-dale-earnhardt.jpg

Who woulda thought 8 years later someone would be carrying Dale's flag around remembering him? Very sad day for me I'll admit.

After qualifying ?
Teams had the option of having the car inspected before qualifying so it would pass after qualifying. Make sense? Logano did that and still failed three times. Teams are pushing hard.

the disco tent speaks out about it

And in the past, a car slightly damaged in q'ing, cars would be repaired. Sometimes staying late or being allowed to come in early before the race.

This year the process is all new --- different rules, different situations.

START: Marcus Lemonis, Chairman of Gander Outdoors, Camping World & Overton’s, and Mike Mackenzie, Cpt. Upper Darby Firefighters Local 2493, will command to start engines at 2:37 p.m. The green flag is scheduled to wave at 2:48 p.m.

NATIONAL ANTHEM: Porter & Sayles will perform the anthem at 2:31 p.m.

TV/RADIO: NBCSN will broadcast the race beginning at 2:30 p.m. Coverage begins at 2 p.m. with Countdown to Green on NBCSN. Motor Racing Network’s radio broadcast begins at 1:30 p.m. and also can be heard at mrn.com. SiriusXM NASCAR Radio will have MRN’s broadcast.

FORECAST: wunderground.com calls for a high of 74 degrees and a zero percent chance of rain at the start of the race.

LAST TIME: Martin Truex Jr. led the final 21 laps to score the victory. Kyle Larson was second. Kyle Busch placed third. Last July, Busch won and was followed across the line by Kevin Harvick and Truex.

Honestly, this is NASCAR's way of achieving an inverted field. With all of the passing that will go on, I predict that Gluck's poll will produce an 80% good race rating.....Welcome to "great racing." Laughable.
Like blaming the bank for a bank robbery.

I thought you were all about pushing the envelope. Welp they are pushing and you are bitching. I don't get it. :idunno:

I thought you were all about pushing the envelope. Welp they are pushing and you are bitching. I don't get it. :idunno:
Push the envelope, and let them go....just like it used to be.....just like it is at Homestead.
Like blaming the bank for a bank robbery.
Banks have lots of money. They will never miss it.
Really appropriate avatar for the weekend, given the circumstances.
Yeah, if I was just bitching about my guy. I'm talking about the whole thing. Harvick should be leading the field to green. Period. This inspection system is a crapshoot, and all of the crew chiefs agree with that. Three or four guys? Okay. A third of the field. Really?
Teams had the option of having the car inspected before qualifying so it would pass after qualifying. Make sense? Logano did that and still failed three times. Teams are pushing hard.
the disco tent speaks out about it

Teams are pushing hard, or the idiot system and tolerances are bull****? I do not believe that the 22 team is that stupid.

Teams are pushing hard, or the idiot system and tolerances are bull****? I do not believe that the 22 team is that stupid.

They ARE pushing.

If you fail, you fail. The OSS system is still a major work in progress and for its first season. Also, a crapshoot? I think parameters are given to the teams every week. Its an open book exam honestly, just how far are teams willing to work without getting caught?

Logano was fastest in the last practice. :idunno:
Gordon goes nuts to make sure that his car has been inspected. Fails post qualifying inspection. Do you really believe that a Penske Crew Chief is that careless? I don't.
They ARE pushing.
If you fail, you fail. The OSS system is still a major work in progress and for its first season. Also, a crapshoot? I think parameters are given to the teams every week. Its an open book exam honestly, just how far are teams willing to work without getting caught?
How has the OSS changed anything? The fastest are still the fastest. All of this is an embarrassment. Painted rear quarters have quietly gone away. No Homestead post race---quietly goes away. Let's just make the rest of this quietly go away. It is a cute idea that isn't good for the sport. Why aren't we hearing about this stuff in other forms of motorsport?

they had three cars fail the last time they were at Pocono. The way teams think? that wasn't pushing.

Why aren't we hearing about this stuff in other forms of motorsport?
You aren't paying attention then. You hear it every race in IMSA just about. Indycar's are running an IROC type of car, on and on.

they had three cars fail the last time they were at Pocono. The way teams think? that wasn't pushing.

You aren't paying attention then. You hear it every race in IMSA just about. Indycar's are running an IROC type of car, on and on.
There definitely isn’t a third of the field failing inspection in IMSA...

There definitely isn’t a third of the field failing inspection in IMSA...
who in the hell said there was?
you guys need to wake up. Harvick said last week all he is racing for are playoff points..think about that for a minute..it's on
Do anybody think going thru inspection three times, getting a fine, or starting in the back or losing a car chief is more important than trying to squeak something thru inspection?

cars aren't getting inspected after this race..takes about 5 seconds to figure out that teams will engineer an advantage that happens during the race.

cars aren't getting inspected after this race..takes about 5 seconds to figure out that teams will engineer an advantage that happens during the race.

Hood pins attached to linkage that goes to the hidden supercharger :booya: please don't tell anyone

Back
Top Bottom