2018 Texas - O'Reilly Auto Parts 500 - Pre-Race Thread

PeopleAreStrange

2016 Yahoo Fantasy R-F Champion
NASCAR will return to Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth after an off weekend. Here's the Fort Worth skyline:

FW Skyline Forum.png

Here's a map showing Texas Motor Speedway in relation to Fort Worth and Dallas:

Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex 400.jpg

Here's some race info from Jayski:

THE RACE: O'Reilly Auto Parts 500
TRACK: Texas Motor Speedway
Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race #7 of 36

Date: Sunday, April 8, 2018 in Ft. Worth, TX
Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 2:16 pm/et

TELEVISION COVERAGE:

NASCAR RaceDay: TBA on FS1
NASCAR Sunday Pre-Race Show: 1:30pm/et on FS1
Television Race Coverage: FS1, 2:00pm/et

Practices:
Friday, April 6, 1:00pm-1:55pm/et, TV-TBA;
Saturday, April 7, 11:00am-11:55am/et, TV-TBA;
Saturday, April 7, 1:30pm-2:20pm/et, TV-TBA

Qualifying for positions 1-40, Friday, April 6 at 5:45 pm/et, TV-TBA;
re-air scheduled: None

In the Booth: Mike Joy, Darrell Waltrip, Jeff Gordon
Pit Reporters: Jamie Little, Regan Smith, Vince Welch, Matt Yocum
In-Race Analyst: Larry McReynolds
Race / Hollywood Hotel Host: Chris Myers
Analysts / Hollywood Hotel: Jeff Gordon, Darrell and Michael Waltrip

Scheduled Race Re-Air Dates/Times:
TBA

O O O O'REIIILLLYYY'SSSS

Couldn't wait to get to a real race track again. Even if it is all the way in the Chorpus Christi metro area

Texas race... always a real groaner. What do you figure it will be like after the groaner Martinsville race ?

One year ago, freshly repaved, this race was excellent despite expectations to the contrary. The difficulty of driving these low-downforce cars was readily apparent, faster cars were able to pass slower ones, and interesting strategies were in play. That's my kinda racing, so I'm cautiously optimistic for next Sunday.

I never like to see old, worn out pavement get replaced, but at some point it just has to happen. Props to Eddie Gossage and SMI for changing up the configuration of turns 1 and 2, now distinctly different from turns 3 and 4. I anticipate a test of skill, and hope all three car brands can be competitive.

I was thinking about the race at Indy last year, but don't take me seriously about that. :biggrin: That was just racing.
Well if u go back and listen to kyles radio his spotter said he came down on u and took u out.. ohh I’m just playing too don’t listen to me.. but serious his spotter said that and that’s what happened

Well if u go back and listen to kyles radio his spotter said he came down on u and took u out.. ohh I’m just playing too don’t listen to me.. but serious his spotter said that and that’s what happened
Eh? Triggered?

I distinctly remember someone saying that they were going to start racing, and by some funny coincidence, that was the moment that the entire race unraveled. Nevertheless, I saw that as just racing. No one was at fault. Moving on.
Kyle has just as good a chance winning at Texas as Truex does. He's overdue, imo. Three seconds and a third in the last four races, not to mention Fontana probably would have been his without a pit crew member thinking "lefty loosy... or righty tighty? Lefty loosy it i- uh oh, wait come back, I just realized something!!!" :lol2::lol2::lol2:

He's overdue, and he's gonna get one soon. Or two. Or three.

Eh? Triggered?

I distinctly remember someone saying that they were going to start racing, and by some funny coincidence, that was the moment that the entire race unraveled. Nevertheless, I saw that as just racing. No one was at fault. Moving on.
Kyle has just as good a chance winning at Texas as Truex does. He's overdue, imo. Three seconds and a third in the last four races, not to mention Fontana probably would have been his without a pit crew member thinking "lefty loosy... or righty tighty? Lefty loosy it i- uh oh, wait come back, I just realized something!!!" :lol2::lol2::lol2:

He's overdue, and he's gonna get one soon. Or two. Or three.
Yea Texas will be interesting lol

Really?? If u don’t mind me asking, what do u like about Texas so much?
It's not really that I like it a lot, but out of the 1.5 mile tracks, I like it the most out of them. You get what I am saying? However, I like the road courses and short tracks much, much more. Watkins Glen, Bristol, and Martinsville are the "holy trinity" as far as I am concerned. Sonoma could be thrown in there, as well. :D Restrictor plate tracks, on the other hand, I view as being about on par with the 1.5 mile tracks. Now, as far as Texas goes, it seems like there are usually different winners at Texas. Not often does one guy go on a tear at Texas. Only one guy did, and his name is Jimmie Johnson, and the fact that it was him kinda helps, I guess. :cool:

It's not really that I like it a lot, but out of the 1.5 mile tracks, I like it the most out of them. You get what I am saying? However, I like the road courses and short tracks much, much more. Watkins Glen, Bristol, and Martinsville are the "holy trinity" as far as I am concerned. Sonoma could be thrown in there, as well. :D Restrictor plate tracks, on the other hand, I view as being about on par with the 1.5 mile tracks. Now, as far as Texas goes, it seems like there are usually different winners at Texas. Not often does one guy go on a tear at Texas. Only one guy did, and his name is Jimmie Johnson, and the fact that it was him kinda helps, I guess. :cool:
I feel where ur coming from lol

One year ago, freshly repaved, this race was excellent despite expectations to the contrary. The difficulty of driving these low-downforce cars was readily apparent, faster cars were able to pass slower ones, and interesting strategies were in play. That's my kinda racing, so I'm cautiously optimistic for next Sunday.

I never like to see old, worn out pavement get replaced, but at some point it just has to happen. Props to Eddie Gossage and SMI for changing up the configuration of turns 1 and 2, now distinctly different from turns 3 and 4. I anticipate a test of skill, and hope all three car brands can be competitive.
I didn't think the races last year were too bad. Pretty treacherous if you made even a slight mistake in the spring race but you could still pass. The difference in cornering speeds was readily apparent. I think this track will age pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom