2019 Bahrain Grand Prix

Not a great start for Renault this year.

Reliability is still an issue with Renault, so it just wasn't Red Bull. I know Danny wishes he would have said yes to McLaren.

Not a great start for Renault this year.

Reliability is still an issue with Renault, so it just wasn't Red Bull. I know Danny wishes he would have said yes to McLaren.
lol Even when Red Bull are running Hondas Renault manages to screw them over.

lol Even when Red Bull are running Hondas Renault manages to screw them over.

Charles is going to wax Vettel if he keeps this up...

He's one of my favorite drivers now. I've liked him since his early days, but now he's showing he's got it to be the next face of Ferrari in the future.

Charles is going to wax Vettel if he keeps this up...

He's one of my favorite drivers now. I've liked him since his early days, but now he's showing he's got it to be the next face of Ferrari in the future.
Vettel is washed, sadly.

Vettel is washed, sadly.

Vettel isn't washed though, its Ferrari losing the R&D battle every season come after the summer break. Seb still has plenty left in the tank, but after last year I know it had to take a lot to bounce back from. Last year was about the best shot Ferrari had.

The key is doing what Ferrari did in being fast and staying ahead of Mercedes. Ferrari is still struggling with reliabability as well, a lot of work to be done.

Vettel isn't washed though, its Ferrari losing the R&D battle every season come after the summer break. Seb still has plenty left in the tank, but after last year I know it had to take a lot to bounce back from. Last year was about the best shot Ferrari had.

The key is doing what Ferrari did in being fast and staying ahead of Mercedes. Ferrari is still struggling with reliabability as well, a lot of work to be done.
They don't keep up with Mercedes as they need to but Vettel has also made too many uncharacteristic mistakes the last two+ seasons. Hockenheim last year, for instance, should never have happened...and today's spin was perhaps even more bizarre.

They don't keep up with Mercedes as they need to but Vettel has also made too many uncharacteristic mistakes the last two+ seasons. Hockenheim last year, for instance, should never have happened...and today's spin was perhaps even more bizarre.

Hockenheim was heartbreaking. I think Vettel has a tendency to get in his own way and he's so technical that he overthinks things well.

Vettel is his own worst enemy atm. Lewis has absolutely trashed him head to head since 2015... No denying that.

I could imagine that he retires in two years to make way for Mick.
I think he might hang around for a bit because he wants badly to win a WDC in a Ferrari. And Mick would probably start off with Alfa Romeo as well. But I don't anticipate it working out for Vettel at this point, last year and the year before were the ones to do it IMO.

Alfa Romeo - 10
McLaren/Haas - 8
Renault - 6

That midfield battle...

McLaren should be fourth in the WCC this year IMHO. They have the budgets of freaking most of the other mid-field teams combined.

I want to know what Renault is doing wrong to not elevate themselves to the next level? Renault spends money, but not as much. Do they need a title sponsor behind them or something?

McLaren finishing anything worse that 4th in the WCC would be a major let down at this point. They spent well over 100 million in R&D last season...

McLaren should be fourth in the WCC this year IMHO. They have the budgets of freaking most of the other mid-field teams combined.

I want to know what Renault is doing wrong to not elevate themselves to the next level? Renault spends money, but not as much. Do they need a title sponsor behind them or something?

McLaren finishing anything worse that 4th in the WCC would be a major let down at this point. They spent well over 100 million in R&D last season...
Renault spent most of their budget on Ricciardo lol.

Back
Top Bottom