2019 Belgian Grand Prix

Boring race so far but that’s because Ferrari hit it out of the park

Probably has Vettel to thank.

Overall I think Leclerc would've won anyways but Vettel held Hamilton up for a good couple of seconds. It's mazing the lead is just under 5 seconds.

Down 20 kph at Spa is a huge difference. When Ricciardo was in front of him he couldn't pass him because of the lack of straight-line speed.

Too much downforce on the cars.

That may be but the guy's attitude is rotten.

You rarely hear Magnussen cry like he does.

Overall I think Leclerc would've won anyways but Vettel held Hamilton up for a good couple of seconds. It's mazing the lead is just under 5 seconds.

I take it back. Leclerc would have likely lost without the extra help.

Great second half. Good day overall.

Congrats on your first of many, Charles!

To think Charles lost his Dad, his Godfather Jules, and someone he grew up with in Anthonie.

Dude has been through so much the past four-five years. This win is excellent and much needed.

Oh bad taste from the people in charge of the music. But good on the drivers not to spray the champagne and just walk off the podium.

Mercedes isn't used to being roughed up like this, so they have got to be a little shell shocked. I was fully expecting Hamilton to go into kill mode this weekend but it seems the Ferrari was too strong.

But, now Hamilton's back is to the wall, which is when he is most dangerous. He's going to be fun to watch.

Gutted for Lando, pumped for Charlie, sad for everyone in that paddock.

Side note, Haas has never looked this bad. They were in 5th and 6th after the yellow and squandered it.

Mercedes isn't used to being roughed up like this, so they have got to be a little shell shocked. I was fully expecting Hamilton to go into kill mode this weekend but it seems the Ferrari was too strong.

But, now Hamilton's back is to the wall, which is when he is most dangerous. He's going to be fun to watch.

Lewis has a 65 point lead over Bottas, even more massive over Verstappen. The Ferraris are already eliminated basically, how is his back to the wall? Lol

This may be the earliest he’s ever clinched one

Lewis has a 65 point lead over Bottas, even more massive over Verstappen. The Ferraris are already eliminated basically, how is his back to the wall? Lol

Oh, the championship is basically over, but having two weeks to think about it is really going to set him on fire.

This may be the earliest he’s ever clinched one.

Probably.

I'm delighted to see the Scuderia get their first win of the season, at long last. It may have come under undesirable circumstances with the unfortunate twists of the weekend, but I am really happy in particular for Charles Leclerc. I was beginning to wonder if perhaps he, much less Ferrari, would get it done this year, as they have seemed hapless since their woes of last year evidently haunted them, but good to see that is not quite the case.

I'm not sure what the motive for stopping Vettel so early was. Are the mediums supposed to go ~30 laps? And if they were, why would they pull such a galaxy brain move for Vettel? I guess we should just be glad they didn't goof up Leclerc's race instead.

I am a little disappointed with Max's amateur move at the start too. He had such a poor start and didn't really have position even on Perez, especially not on Kimi, who couldn't see him. Bombing it into the turn and putting the whole car on the curb isn't a very high-percentage move.

Ferrari might want to check out drag racing because it's apparent Enzo's "aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines" quip still speaks to those in Maranello. The thing is damn near useless anywhere that wears the tires or doesn't have a bunch of straightaway.

Verstappen clearly is not going to learn until someone gets hurt. Can't wait to see who he runs off the straight at Monza.

Verstappen clearly is not going to learn until someone gets hurt. Can't wait to see who he runs off the straight at Monza.

I think he matured enough not to do his usual stupid dive bomb moves anymore. That is not to say he's not allowed to make mistakes or even stupid mistakes from time to time. Of course they all will.

I'm warming up to good old Verstappen.

I think he matured enough not to do his usual stupid dive bomb moves anymore

He dive bombed Kimi just last week at Spa.

I don't think dive bombs are all that dangerous anyway. The real danger are the 200mph surprise swerves in front of overtaking cars. That's definitely going to get someone killed. It's just a matter of time.

That is not to say he's not allowed to make mistakes or even stupid mistakes from time to time. Of course they all will.

I'm ok with drivers racing hard and accidentally colliding. As long as they are making an honest effort to race fairly that's all you can ask.

It wasn't a mistake when he ran Botas off the straight at Monza last year. That's the kind of thing that can get someone killed.

I'm warming up to good old Verstappen.

Clearly he is quite talented, and I would be his fan if he just cleaned it up a little.

" As of today, Juan Manuel Correa has been removed from the ECMO machine, life support and taken out of induced coma. While this is great news and a major step in the right direction, he is still in a race against time.

Juan Manuel is conscious, but not fully yet awake. Doctors report that this will take a few days due to being in induced coma for more than two weeks. They have also stated that Juan Manuel is fragile and still vulnerable medically speaking and that he remains in the Intensive Care Unit. His condition has been upgraded from critical to serious.

The medical priority for Juan Manuel now shifts from the lungs to the leg injuries that were sustained more than two weeks ago and have not been addressed since the initial emergency intervention the day of the incident. Doctors are in a race against time to perform a pending major surgery in order to minimize risk of irreversible injuries to his right lower extremity but can’t proceed until lungs are ready to withstand a lengthy operation.

Additional details will be provided on Juan Manuel’s condition when available."

http://www.fiaformula2.com/News-Room/News/2019/09_September/Update-Juan-Manuel-Correa1/

Back
Top Bottom