Kevin Harvick +790
Kyle Larson +850
Joey Logano +890
Martin Truex Jr +1000
Brad Keselowski +1200
Ryan Blaney +1400
Chase Elliott +1600
Erik Jones +1700

I doubt it. He'll probably be his usual bulldozer self.
hopefully he will bulldoze the wrong one. I wrongly was thinking he would use some sense and he would take his time getting to the front carefully picking them off one by one. Yeah now that I think of it, I'll agree with everybody else. He is behind Bubba, Byron, and Stenhouse, doesn't seem to get along very well with his teammate Truex, and no telling how many others he has pissed off already this year.

Top 10 pre-race odds on favorites:

Kyle Busch +455
Denny Hamlin +760
Kevin Harvick +790
Kyle Larson +850
Joey Logano +890
Martin Truex Jr +1000
Brad Keselowski +1200
Ryan Blaney +1400
Chase Elliott +1600
Erik Jones +1700
I confess I have no clue what these numbers mean. + or -? 455 what?

Holy heck Terry Labonte is turning into Junior Johnson.

Just got back from the Powerboat Nationals. It was quite exciting for my first time seeing them and I will definitely be back tomorrow for the features. While it was enjoyable, I probably wouldn't pay to see them unless the field was larger, which apparently was due to how narrow the course was. They said they usually have a field of 12-15, but there are only 6 that got the invite to come.

Anyway, I'm ready for tonight! Trucks and Xfinity was fun and I see tonight being good as well.

My cable company doesn't have the feed for half an hour....but I found my stream. :)

I confess I have no clue what these numbers mean. + or -? 455 what?

What @Michfan said is correct. I prefer to use 100 as the example number since that's the baseline 1:1 odds. Without getting too into it, + means you'll win more than your bet amount, - means you'll win less than your bet amount. +450 would mean 4.5:1 odds, so every 1 unit you bet you're getting 4.5 units in return, if your bet happens to win.

It fluctuates as money goes down before start time. Good spot by @SlicedBread22 to notice Logano, he's already been betted down to 2nd favorite behind KB.

Kyle Busch +455
Joey Logano +530
Ryan Blaney +700
Denny Hamlin +713
Kevin Harvick +830
Kyle Larson +1100
Martin Truex Jr +1200
Chase Elliott +1200
Erik Jones +1300
Brad Keselowski +1500

I understand that format. I'd never seen the other before today, but I don't gamble.

Thanks.

No problem. This may be a simpler explanation, +455 they're rating Kyle Busch's chances of winning tonight at 21.98%.

The Crowd has no f**ks to give for the backmarkers

Mcdowell is so fun! I don't know if he has a condition where he always looks like he is smiling or if is actually that happy. Any how, I smile everytime they show him on camera.

Kind of cool , Arizona is being well represented tonight ,three drivers from here.

No problem. This may be a simpler explanation, +455 they're rating Kyle Busch's chances of winning tonight at 21.98%.
Well, I'd quibble about that last phrase. As you noted earlier, the odds change as the money goes down. If they change Kyle to 5:1, it's not because they think his chances of winning have dropped from 21.98% to 20%. It's because they're trying to discourage any more traffic on him.

I think they really messed up the driver introductions this year. Half of the drivers didn't even introduce themselves, the announcer didn't introduce them by name, he only said what position they are starting in, and there was no on-screen display with driver names. Felt like a real half-assed effort from NBC.

I think they really messed up the driver introductions this year. Half of the drivers didn't even introduce themselves, the announcer didn't introduce them by name, he only said what position they are starting in, and there was no on-screen display with driver names. Felt like a real half-assed effort from NBC.
Yeah they had a intro on a screen for those in attendance but no name for us TV viewers

Well, I'd quibble about that last phrase. As you noted earlier, the odds change as the money goes down. If they change Kyle to 5:1, it's not because they think his chances of winning have dropped from 21.98% to 20%. It's because they're trying to discourage any more traffic on him.

Yes, but they must open the odds somewhere before the public starts altering it, so that would be their rating if it opened at +455, which I think it did. You are correct though, that is not the actual meaning, I was just using that as an example to show what it may equate to percentage wise.

The MRO kids, that was cool

Back
Top Bottom