2019 Canadian Grand Prix

Definition of Expert: someone who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything there is to know about absolutely nothing at all.

Formula One has gotten to be so bad I didn't even watch it any more. It's become just too embarrassing to see the supposed "pinnacle" turning into such a bucket of ****. Really, can't they possibly screw it up any more?

Formula One has gotten to be so bad I didn't even watch it any more. It's become just too embarrassing to see the supposed "pinnacle" turning into such a bucket of sh!t. Really, can't they possibly screw it up any more?
Liberty Media's takeover was supposed to be a turning point in the trajectory of Formula One. Last year, even though there was huge disparity between three teams and the rest of the field, it wasn't so repulsive that it had fans gagging in their mouths. This year, it is. I'm contemplating not paying any further attention to the series for a gooood while.

Formula One has gotten to be so bad I didn't even watch it any more. It's become just too embarrassing to see the supposed "pinnacle" turning into such a bucket of sh!t. Really, can't they possibly screw it up any more?

I signed out of it last year, didn't watch much the year before that. :idunno:

I record the race, read about how bad it was, and then look for highlight reels so I don't miss any crashes. Food thing they made those cars so safe because crashing is all they are good for. You can't actually race the damm things. I can't remember the last full race I watched.

Liberty Media's takeover was supposed to be a turning point in the trajectory of Formula One. Last year, even though there was huge disparity between three teams and the rest of the field, it wasn't so repulsive that it had fans gagging in their mouths. This year, it is. I'm contemplating not paying any further attention to the series for a gooood while.

Liberty Media's primary impact has been on social media. The actual racing product is mediocre atm, but honestly I hope and pray the new regulations will help. 2021 cannot come soon enough.

Liberty Media's primary impact has been on social media. The actual racing product is mediocre atm, but honestly I hope and pray the new regulations will help. 2021 cannot come soon enough.
Exactly. What's out on the track I can not help but look at as a farce. It's the Silver Arrows show.

I have no idea where I'm at on this one.

Nico's thoughts on it were similar to mine initially.

Then I ran into this video breakdown that shows Vettel's wheel. (I definitely thought Vettel's hands would have been moving more to the right than they were towards the end).

The comments on both of those leave good argument for both sides. Not sure what to think anymore :confused:.

Toto suggests that there is no undoing the penalty, despite Ferrari's efforts to have a deeper look into what happened and what warranted (or did not warrant) a penalty. In fact, he claims that Ferrari are only going to make the situation worse, and that the possible outcome would be Vettel getting dropped further down in the classification of the Canadian GP.

Any time you debate a call the FIA just slaps you harder. Ferrari needs to put this behind them or they will go into self destruct mode. It happens every year. They make a mistake and then fold up like a cheap suit for the rest of the season. Best bet it to let it go and concentrate on winning instead of fighting a lost battle and having that distract them.

Back
Top Bottom