2019 Canadian Grand Prix

I get the concept of a dangerous re-entrance penalty, but that didn't look like a situation where it should apply. What should Vettel have done, drove through the grass longer?

I honestly can't believe they called that.

I get the concept of a dangerous re-entrance penalty, but that didn't look like a situation where it should apply. What should Vettel have done, drove through the grass longer?

I honestly can't believe they called that.

I guess Vettel is just supposed to give up the lead, I'm not sure if that was a great call. I understand why they're doing it though.

Vettel was fighting the car all the way, that's the reason why I would excuse it as hard racing.

Best race all season, now has been stripped away.

I think Vettel has given up and has no pace.

*Sigh*

Vettel might finish 3rd, Leclerc is catching up.

Recalling from the Detroit race, IndyCar certainly don't have similar measures against dangerously re-entering the racing surface, heh.

Literally all seb had to do to win was keep his car on track, he drove off and the only reason he didn’t lose the lead is because he nearly put lewis in the wall and made him back out. Seems like the correct call

Literally all seb had to do to win was keep his car on track, he drove off and the only reason he didn’t lose the lead is because he nearly put lewis in the wall and made him back out. Seems like the correct call

He was still fighting the car what are you supposed to do with full opposite lock?

Car balance is a funny deal, I think Seb did a great job in not getting into the wall. With the ERS system, these cars have some tiny rear brakes compared to 2013 and honestly this call was horrible.

Not to mention this is downside of halo system, Seb could not see a damn thing. Heads up driving by Lewis to not hit him. I could understand if Seb had control of his car, but he didn't and had to catch the car to keep himself from crashing.

This is the reason why its a bad call and considering most of the stewards are former drivers, they should know this. Vettel had to use the track to regain control and considering how narrow Canada is, he was lucky to not crash.

What used to be Formula One is now Formula ***** and wheel to wheel racing will not be tolerated.

If they ever accidentally stumble into aero rules that permit actual racing... the stewards would faint at the horror of it and cancel all the races.

And Liberty Media doesn't seem to have the balls to do anything about it.

Wow what a horrible call. Dont even feel like finishing this race after that penalty's been assessed.

****** Formula One. Further hurting their already terrible product with that bull****. Dude saved his car ffs

I used to get furious over this sort of thing, but now I am just used to it. It's the FIA, You know going into the weekend they are going to **** it up and someone is going to get the hose. I've gotten the point that instead of caring I just laugh at how stupid they are.

They have the cars and the rules, and the circuits and especially the driving standards so messed up that it's impossible to race. Now they are going to take the only decent race we've had all year and reverse the result on what most people seem to be calling an absurd penalty?

With all the chopping, blocking and swerving they are allowing, how could they possibly think what Vettel did was dangerous or unfair?

Now though, it's hard to care what they do because it's always wrong and there's only one thing that keeps me coming back. No matter how bad Formula One gets, it will still be Formula One and we will still watch it because it's still Formula One.

Eventually, though, even that won't be enough for a lot of us.

F1 enforced the textbook definition of the rule. Curious how Vettel blames everybody but himself for blowing the race by driving off course. If the roles were reversed and Ferrari benefited nobody would complain at all. This is just Mercedes/Lewis fatigue

F1 enforced the textbook definition of the rule. Curious how Vettel blames everybody but himself for blowing the race by driving off course. If the roles were reversed and Ferrari benefited nobody would complain at all. This is just Mercedes/Lewis fatigue

I would have been pissed for Lewis if the shoe was on the other foot.

Dude, I remember kicking and screaming about the penality in 2008 at Belgium. I was extremely displeased when they said Felipe was the winner. Its not right however you spin it and you all know how big of a Massa fan I was and still am.

Screw the fatigue, wrong is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom