2019 Gander Outdoors Truck Series Thread

NASCAR trying too hard to mainstream the notion that it's all about total "national series" wins. Sadly, they are transparent and lacking any integrity on this topic... :rolleyes:

===

"Biffle is no stranger to the Gander Outdoors Truck Series, either. He scored 16 of his 55 NASCAR national series victories in the series and won the 2000 championship."

- By: Staff Report NASCAR.com March 28, 2019 at 1:32 pm
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/03/28/greg-biffle-returning-to-practice-for-kbm-at-texas/

Final Truck practice

D2yCAxCUcAIDqQV.jpg:large

NASCAR trying too hard to mainstream the notion that it's all about total "national series" wins. Sadly, they are transparent and lacking any integrity on this topic... :rolleyes:

===

"Biffle is no stranger to the Gander Outdoors Truck Series, either. He scored 16 of his 55 NASCAR national series victories in the series and won the 2000 championship."

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/03/28/greg-biffle-returning-to-practice-for-kbm-at-texas/

Well, the truck series appears to be a " national series" and some folks actually watch it. It isn't a " local series " or a " state series " so what in the world should we call it ? Regardless of the title, KTB has won more of em than anybody :lol2: we can spin it till we are dizzy and the facts still remain. But good on Kyle for letting the Biff race his trucks, many folks will be pleased and Greg is an important person in the history of the truck series. I look forward to seeing him race

Biff could've been the one to win a Championship in all Series. But he faded out at Roush and left with some dignity. Now he wanders back in hoping to use KyBu Equipment to take advantage of the up-and-coming drivers.

Sad... :rolleyes:

===

This just comes off as you not liking facts.

Now he wanders back in hoping to use KyBu Equipment to take advantage of the up-and-coming drivers.
How do you know Kyle didn't call him? As to taking advantage, I suspect Kyle could put any shoe in the #51 and get a top 3 finish. For marketing reasons, it's beneficial to KBM to have well-known driver. Profits from the #51 support the other trucks on the team.

(Probably the first time I've posted anything in favor of Kyle running Truck races.)

How do you know Kyle didn't call him? As to taking advantage, I suspect Kyle could put any shoe in the #51 and get a top 3 finish. For marketing reasons, it's beneficial to KBM to have well-known driver. Profits from the #51 support the other trucks on the team.

(Probably the first time I've posted anything in favor of Kyle running Truck races.)

But The Biff isn't just "any shoe" -- he's a past Truck Champ, higher series Xfinty Champ, and multiple winner in the Cup Series.

The latter two should ban him from competing in Trucks.

Enough of these old Cup Drivers trying to stay relevant in NASCAR -- times have changed and Trucks should be cleaned out from anyone over 30 (limited exception for any late start NASCAR rookies).

KyBu has not saved Cup, Xfinity, Trucks, or NASCAR in general -- so those arguments about how he and his teams needs to be in the lower series are not sufficiently supported for that conclusion. IMHO

Good PR move

They should change it so they get no money, every time a more experienced driver drops down it takes money out of the pocket of smaller teams

@Ventisca Biffle has been out of the sport for three years and its been damn near a decade since he's been in a truck. Things have changed completely and I guess we should ban Joe Nemechek from out of the series as well as a former Xfinity champion.

This is an exception and Biffle has been gone for a few years. Honestly, this will probably be the best thing he's driven in some years tbh. It would be better to see him than Kyle every week. I would like to see more truck regulars again outside of Crafton and Sauter.

But The Biff isn't just "any shoe" -- he's a past Truck Champ, higher series Xfinty Champ, and multiple winner in the Cup Series.

Enough of these old Cup Drivers trying to stay relevant in NASCAR -- times have changed and Trucks should be cleaned out from anyone over 30 (limited exception for any late start NASCAR rookies).

KyBu has not saved Cup, Xfinity, Trucks, or NASCAR in general -- so those arguments about how he and his teams needs to be in the lower series are not sufficiently supported for that conclusion. IMHO

Sounds like Kyle made a good decision in putting a good driver in his truck :pbjtime: Kyle's contributions to the truck series are many.

Biffle is 50 years old o_O good try with an attempt at stirring something up. But to think Biff at 50 and he hasn't been in a race car for a number of years is a huge threat to the so called integrity of the truck series is stretching the limits. Anybody confused? note: see Bill Elliott recent results at Road America. Father time catches up with all of us.

Biffle is 50 years old o_O good try with an attempt at stirring something up. But to think Biff at 50 and he hasn't been in a race car for a number of years is a huge threat to the so called integrity of the truck series is stretching the limits. Anybody confused? note: see Bill Elliott recent results at Road America. Father time catches up with all of us.

Greg will be the final blow to the truck series :lol2::rolleyes:

I would be in favor of an Invitational Legends Race for Trucks -- once a year

but the rest of the races should only be for Drivers competing for a Truck Championship as well as the up-and-comers.

KBM would still be welcome at the track showcasing top Truck talent who are pursuing the Truck Championship.

but the rest of the races should only be for Drivers competing for a Truck Championship as well as the up-and-comers.

KBM would still be welcome at the track showcasing top Truck talent who are pursuing the Truck Championship.
the geezer invitational..yeah has a nice ring to it.

a.jpg

Biffle is not a good driver to compare to Pork Chop using squatter's rights to justify being in the truck series. Biffle didn't stay long in the trucks and left long before he wore out his welcome.

I'm not comparing them at all. I know Kyle's 10X the driver Biffle is.

Back
Top Bottom