2019 Gander Outdoors Truck Series Thread

Trucks have had good entry lists so I'm surprised at only 28 on the initial entry list.

I know the JJC Racing 0 truck will enter.

Trucks are practicing two and three wide at Kansas. Creed slapped the wall nothing terminal so far. Second practice below

GMS racing top three followed by Thorsport. Friesen fastest in both practices. Qualifying @ 5:00 EST FS-1

upload_2019-5-10_13-55-10.png

37 trucks on the entry list for Charlotte
Forrister, Roper, Little, Finley, Rohrbaugh, Hill and Poole are back.
KDB's last truck race of 2019.
Trey Hutchens attempts his first race of the seasonwith a family team.
Camden Murphy (parked some races for Cobb last year) drives NEMCO's #8 truck, Front Row Joe will do an S&P in the 87.
Stefan Parsons returns to the truck series in Ray Ciccarelli's truck.
Peters returns to Ricky Benton's team.

Wonder what happened to Henderson Motorsports. They originally intended to run Dover and Charlotte with Kligerman, but didn't enter both races.

upload_2019-5-14_22-7-45.png

pulling for the 97 Jessie Little, underfunded east coasters on a limited schedule who usually show up with a well prepared truck, surprisingly fast sometimes. Chastain coming back off of a win..could be good.
Murphy? is driving for Nemechek, might be interesting.
upload_2019-5-14_17-19-0.png

Always amuses me they have 37 or 38 trucks on the initial entry list and 27/28 the week before. I guess being that close to Charlotte minimizes the DNQ risk?

37 trucks on the entry list for Charlotte
Forrister, Roper, Little, Finley, Rohrbaugh, Hill and Poole are back.
KDB's last truck race of 2019.
Trey Hutchens attempts his first race of the seasonwith a family team.
Camden Murphy (parked some races for Cobb last year) drives NEMCO's #8 truck, Front Row Joe will do an S&P in the 87.
Stefan Parsons returns to the truck series in Ray Ciccarelli's truck.
Peters returns to Ricky Benton's team.

Wonder what happened to Henderson Motorsports. They originally intended to run Dover and Charlotte with Kligerman, but didn't enter both races.

View attachment 40374
I like Camden Murphy, he made his first starts a few years back at Martinsville and had a solid day, been stuck starting and parking since though. Fun fact about him is he drives in Monster Jam.

I don't Cobb, was over 25 MPH slower than the leader. That rule was made for a reason. They will be passing lappers every 15 laps.

Kyle just put KBM on blast again. Will have to dig up Pockrass tweets.

I'm sorry, what does it mean to put something 'on blast'?
Verb. put someone on blast (third-person singular simple present puts someone onblast, present participle putting someone on blast, simple past and past participleput someone on blast) (slang) To embarrass by publicly denouncing or exposing, especially by using social media.
put someone on blast - Wiktionary

Kybu just being kybu. :idunno:

Last edited:
Kyle gives the KBM program a 2 out of 10 grade and says the 2 drivers ain't doing ****.

He's not wrong tho lol.

But of course the owner doesn't bear any responsibility.

Yeah it's his fault for putting inexperienced rookies for sure. But Harrison hasn't exactly been lighting up the ARCA races either so.

That's part of the reason Greg Biffle is in the 51.

Yeah it's his fault for putting inexperienced rookies for sure.
Kyle wins pretty easily when he races his trucks, so obviously the equipment is not the problem.
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I think part of the problem is with his expectations. Regardless of their (in)experience, they're not currently and likely never will be Kyle Busch. If he expects anyone he puts in there to be the next Shrub, he's going to be posting unhappy Tweets for quite a while.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I think part of the problem is with his expectations. Regardless of their (in)experience, they're not currently and likely never will be Kyle Busch. If he expects anyone he puts in there to be the next Shrub, he's going to be posting unhappy Tweets for quite a while.

Noah Gragson, William Byron, Christopher Bell, Erik Jones, Bubba Wallace, Brian Scott have all won races at KBM yet they aren't Kyle. I think these guys absolutely deserve flack for not at least winning one IMO.

Of course you can say Todd should have at Mosport, but he's been in the series for a good minute and hasn't shown top 3-5 speed very often.

Back
Top Bottom