2019 Gander Outdoors Truck Series Thread

He's been buried in a slow cup ride for awhile. First things first, I would like to see him get a good Xfinity ride like a Ganassi one.

He was hanging around the 10 team this morning. Hopefully they go full time with Ross and Haley.

Ross does pretty well in the 15 for Jay Robinson.

Ilmor screwed the pooch at a crucial race -- their incompetence is unforgivable -- dump them.

Race engines in NASCAR should be manufacturer and team driven.

Ouch. This is the dark side of spec components... when the mandated supplier gets it wrong. Some teams get lucky, and others have their season ended by something they have no control over. Grant Enfinger said, "6 of the 8 playoff teams had engine issues at this elimination race." That sucks.

I'm not saying I have a better solution. Cost control is crucial. And some cost control measures are appropriate in the minor leagues that wouldn't be right for the top levels of the sport. That's just the way racing works.

I remember a few years back the Chevy's at the cup level were having valve spring problems. It happens, but what is done about it is the key.

Ilmor screwed the pooch at a crucial race -- their incompetence is unforgivable -- dump them.

Race engines in NASCAR should be manufacturer and team driven.
I give them an occasional FUBAR, maybe every other season. Anything like this before ‘21 would definitely mandate looking for someone else.

Yeah I don't care either. Unless they had a miracle, Enfinger won the regular points, but he never won a race all year. Sauter never was a factor, and Crafton wasn't setting the world on fire either, winless.

Martinsville entry

EHfWedJWsAEo8NJ.jpg:large

Jeb Burton is back and gets another shot at it in a Niece truck and will be a teammate of Chastain

Very quality field from what I see. 22-24 good trucks from a quick count.

I'm really surprised only 32 trucks are entered, Martinsville usually has the best entry lists of the year.
32 trucks is a full field in the truck series. Go over to the cup thread and be shocked, dismayed even gobsmacked, they don't have a full field over there.

32 trucks is a full field in the truck series. Go over to the cup thread and be shocked, dismayed even gobsmacked, they don't have a full field over there.

I'm shocked really that you were the one to point this out. I know you think everything I say is negative but I was just pointing out facts. You do know there is the ignore feature.

I'm shocked really that you were the one to point this out. I know you think everything I say is negative but I was just pointing out facts. You do know there is the ignore feature.
32 trucks has been a full field for years. Trying to help you not shock yourself so much, it isn't good for your health.

32 trucks has been a full field for years. Trying to help you not shock yourself so much, it isn't good for your health.

Except that wasn't the point pal. Last I checked the spring race routinely gets 36-38 trucks.

is this another seat counter question? :rolleyes:

Still dwelling on that huh.

Sorry some of us like seeing the sport thrive and do well. And it doesn't take a genius to figure out or a quick search to see that Kansas only has 48K seats.

32 trucks including a start-and-park isn't much for a Martinsville race. The last three Martinsville races had 36, 35 and 41 entered.
Truck débuts for Carson Ware (Rick's younger son), Danny Bohn and Tanner Gray.

I wonder if Nemechek is planning for a full-time return to the trucks.

Maybe look into the Martinsville Spring entry numbers a little harder and realize that some of us actually like watching qualifying and who is racing to make it into the show.

Maybe look into the Martinsville Spring entry numbers a little harder and realize that some of us actually like watching qualifying and who is racing to make it into the show.

For instance the last 5 places were filled with owner points trucks in 2018 of the 35 entered

I'd love to see that but I think it's more likely that RCR will eventually focus on the Cup Series.
Maybe John Hunter can do some Xfinity starts in the 8
I hope he can find something as well next season, but who knows what might happen with the GMS Xfinity program? Its a possibility it might shutter, but nothing is official yet. I'd like to see him in the 2 as well, but I doubt Fire Alarm is going to cover many races.

I'd hate to see him go back to trucks, he's performed well with what he has had this season. I just don't think GMS did enough in terms of providing equipment competitive enough for wins.

Back
Top Bottom