2019 Homestead -- Ford EcoBoost 400 -- Pre-Race Thread

Seeing Harvick wobble there getting behind Kyle shows how tomorrow is going to suck. I’m not very optimistic for this race, unless you can run multiple lines

Seeing Harvick wobble there getting behind Kyle shows how tomorrow is going to suck. I’m not very optimistic for this race, unless you can run multiple lines
yep you see the problem, I see the solution. Harvick if he can, needs to go low, get up to his quarter panel and make the 18 wiggle and run up the track. Yep it is going to be hard to pass. Get what you can in the pits and on the restarts, and hopefully the team can go mistake free and make the right changes when they are needed.

Good thing patriots are on at the same time. This whole thing is set up for hamlin to win

This is joke btw lol

For Denny's sake I hope his CC being new hasn't been given a script to follow.
Last year was a disaster for JGR because everyone got on the wrong path.

Hope hamlin has a 10 second lead with 2 laps to go and NASCAR throws a debris caution to bunch up the field and someone turns him on the restart.

We have Almirola waiting to cash in on his promise to dump Kyle. Any other threats still in the wings? Ohhh the drama

I don't think I've ever been less excited for a race. Way to go nascar

giphy.gif

Yeah hope today is good but God we need to go back to the old chase system

Dunno.....a true champion will be crowned today. Which one of the four doesn't belong in that conversation? Who has been screwed by this system this year?

Dunno.....a true champion will be crowned today. Which one of the four doesn't belong in that conversation? Who has been screwed by this system this year?

Honestly Kevin belongs the least, but also he should be a three time champ, so. Mixed feelings.

It is what it is. The only time I'm ever going to complain about the system is with the way the trucks wrapped up. Surely you must have a bit of a sour taste from that.

Also, I loved the Chase as well, and if it were up to me, they would go back to that. I also wish this system was tweaked just a little bit. If they could find a way to to tweak the system so that the playoffs and Chase meet in the middle, I love it. But I suppose that's what the playoff points are for.

I've said this before, but I would make the following changes.

Regular season champ gets an automatic birth in the final four AND a one point advantage (thoughts on the one point advantage?)

2nd place gets an automatic birth into round of 8

3rd into the round of 12.

OR.

Regular season champ gets an automatic birth into round of 4 with a one point advantage.

Driver with the most wins gets a birth into round of 4

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think that’d make the 5th time this decade that the ROTY didn’t have a Cup ride for the next season (Kevin Conway in ‘10, Andy Lally in ‘11, Stephen Liecht in ‘12, and Brett Moffitt in ‘15).
Hard for rookies to bring sponsor $$$

Regular season champ gets an automatic birth in the final four AND a one point advantage (thoughts on the one point advantage?)
At what point are you awarding this extra point, at the beginning of the playoffs? I don't see it making any difference either way, so why not.

'Berth', not 'birth', by the way.

Martin Truex said they unloaded the best they have been all year. Thats a scary thought and I'm sure got everyones attention.

Honestly, Truex is the only Championship 4 driver I can stand. Kyle Busch is an a**hole with a major attitude problem, Harvick is a race manipulating a**hole (Yes, I'm still angry about 2015 Talladega), and Hamlin is a hilariously overaggressive *******, with a tendency to make bonehead moves

Kyle Busch love by the cameraman during the anthem. Shows him 4 times, never showing Harvick.

Odds aren't good, but I'm hoping Harvick kicks some a$$

I am so happy that after today don't have to hear that damn song again , well hopefully forever and hope NBC picks a new song for 2020

You know what, screw it. I'm on Team Chaos today, I hope none of the Championship 4 even finish. Or at the very least 3 of them don't finish

How fortunate the 19 car got back on the lead lap because someone spun out...

Back
Top Bottom