Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 3:45 pm/et

=======================================
All Times E/T

Cup and Xfinity are racing this weekend

Friday, March 8
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series practice, FS1/FOX Sports App
4 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Weekend Edition, FS1/FOX Sports App
5 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice, FS1/FOX Sports App
6 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Busch Pole Qualifying, FS1/FOX Sports App

Saturday, March 9
11:30 a.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice, FS1/FOX Sports App
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying, FS1/FOX Sports App
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Weekend Edition, FS1/FOX Sports App
2 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, FS1/FOX Sports App
3 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Weekend Edition, FS1/FOX Sports App
3:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Xfinity Series at ISM Raceway, FS1/FOX Sports App
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series race at ISM Raceway, FS1/FOX Sports App

Sunday, March 10
2 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at ISM Raceway, FS1/FOX Sports App
3 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay Pre-Race Show, FOX/FOX Sports App
3:30 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series TicketGuardian 500, FOX/FOX Sports App

18 year ago today Jeff Gordon gets the first win of his 2001 championship season at Las Vegas
maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2018/10/02/2019-rules-packages-announced-monster-energy-series/

So if I'm reading it right, the taller rear spoiler, larger front splitter, and wider radiator pan (compared to 2018) will be used at all races (including Phoenix) but . . .

the tapered spacer on the engine and the aero ducts used at Las Vegas will not be used at Phoenix.

good to know . . . .
Damned if I know. My brain pan doesn't have the capacity to keep up with all of the changes anymore.

Would be nice to see Chase finally seal the deal at this place this week. Gustafson puts together some really good Phoenix cars.

We on the "pick the winner of every race" Elliott train, @Pat too. Chase needs a robust turnaround from the lackluster results, maybe getting into this short track package will help.

It's a little crooked but Oh Well It's here.

15th Annual TicketGuardian 500 - Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series - ISM Raceway - 3/10/2019

upload_2019-3-5_8-26-36.png

Harvick won the spring race, but not the fall race. He didn't look as dominant in the fall race and I don't think he's going to run away with it like that this year.

“When we tested on this package at Phoenix last fall, teams were considerably faster than we’ve seen in recent years,” said Greg Stucker, Goodyear’s director of racing. “With the extra downforce versus the 2018 rules package, much of that speed comes through the corners, which generates higher loading on the tires.

“Teams will need to be mindful of our recommended air pressures as they develop their set-ups to optimize grip. Running below our minimums can cause the sidewall of the tire to flex more and over-deflect, generating more heat, higher wear and fall-off, and even damaging the tire to the point of air loss.

“Finding that balance will be key.”

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/phoenix-aero-package-goodyear-warning/4348224/?nrt=119

Harvick won the spring race, but not the fall race. He didn't look as dominant in the fall race and I don't think he's going to run away with it like that this year.
Hamlin and KDB should be two of the favorites.

Hamlin and KDB should be two of the favorites.

I actually like how Denny is looking so far, if he can string together consistent top 10s. I think he will be a problem this year. Denny has always been a fantastic driver, its just his mouth gets in the way of his talent.

That and he can be wildly inconsistent at times. He'll have a string of top 5s or 10s, then fall off for about three races. Wash, rinse, and repeat the same issue all season.

If Harvick wins the TicketGuardian 500, he will become just the sixth driver with 10 or more NASCAR Cup Series victories at a single track.:booya:
The Stewart-Haas Racing driver sits at nine wins in 32 starts in Phoenix and has been nearly unstoppable at the track since he joined SHR in 2014, winning five of the last 10 races there. That includes a three-race winning streak through the 2014 season and the spring ’15 race.
The five other drivers with 10 or more wins at a track are Richard Petty (15 at Martinsville and North Wilkesboro, 13 at Richmond, 11 at Rockingham, and 10 at Daytona), Darrell Waltrip (12 at Bristol, 11 at Martinsville, 10 at North Wilkesboro), Jimmie Johnson (11 at Dover), David Pearson (10 at Darlington), and Dale Earnhardt (10 at Talladega).

https://racer.com/2019/03/06/harvick-chasing-history-in-phoenix/

If Harvick wins the TicketGuardian 500, he will become just the sixth driver with 10 or more NASCAR Cup Series victories at a single track.:booya:
The Stewart-Haas Racing driver sits at nine wins in 32 starts in Phoenix and has been nearly unstoppable at the track since he joined SHR in 2014, winning five of the last 10 races there. That includes a three-race winning streak through the 2014 season and the spring ’15 race.
The five other drivers with 10 or more wins at a track are Richard Petty (15 at Martinsville and North Wilkesboro, 13 at Richmond, 11 at Rockingham, and 10 at Daytona), Darrell Waltrip (12 at Bristol, 11 at Martinsville, 10 at North Wilkesboro), Jimmie Johnson (11 at Dover), David Pearson (10 at Darlington), and Dale Earnhardt (10 at Talladega).

https://racer.com/2019/03/06/harvick-chasing-history-in-phoenix/
That sorry bum Gordon would have 10 Martinsville wins if he hadn't sped on pit road in the 2014 playoffs like a dummy :mad:

Back
Top Bottom