2019 Talladega 2 -- Pre-Race Thread

Chase can't afford to lose stage points to he and Byron by riding around behind them. He'll get himself eliminated doing that. Teamwork is obviously a big part of racing on the speedways, but at some point selfishness has to take over when you're in this position and racing for your playoff life.

And no, Bowman didn't push him to a win, they started on the front row the final restart and Chase got a push and dropped down in front of him. Chase got the lead in that race on his own by passing Joey and Kurt.
Which track was that at? I forgot and I want to look it up on you tube and watch it again because my memory isn't as good as it use to be.:)

Which track was that at? I forgot and I want to look it up on you tube and watch it again because my memory isn't as good as it use to be.:)
Apparently neither is mine cause I just went back and watched it myself lmao. The restart I was thinking of was earlier in the race. But yeah it was Talladega in the spring.

Absolutely loved the track back when cars were going faster every year.

Plates killed the entire feel of the race but they had to do it. Watching the freight train going round waiting for a wobble or slight clip that results in the big one just isn’t the same but I’m always watching.

Man the infield area looks so good now. Time for Daytona to re-do theirs! At least I hope they go in this direction.

Reactions: Pat
Yeah, I really hope we see Menard run select Cup & Xfinity races. Specifically Daytona 500, Brickyard 400, Road America (NXS), maybe a few others.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Crafton could do in a Cup car again this weekend.

9755D5CD-6ED2-4021-8FB1-32FFDE426F73.jpeg
4EEB6584-E643-4A9F-AA41-A9F7AFB174AC.jpeg
B977EAE4-30C5-4838-94DE-CFDC03DA2487.jpeg

Chase had really good single car speed yesterday. Not shocking, Alan builds incredible Speedway cars.

I like the starting positions for HMS but tomorrows weather forecast looks like rain most of the day just like the forecast here at the track in North Carolina. They even moved our starting time up an hour from noon to 11.00 am. Damn I sure hope we don't have to wait until Monday to race.

Latest conspiracy theory - the Fords sandbagged during Q so they could start the race already bunched up together.

Didn't they do the same thing at Daytona? Yet Hamlin won. Qualifying here is pretty much meaningless.

I think similar for race win, stage 1 points though might make a difference if nobody wants to make moves.

NASCAR gonna move the green flag start time up 35 seconds for rain?

So what time is green flag eastern time?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom