2019 Talladega 2 -- Pre-Race Thread

What network tomorrow?

Larger teams have been doing that for years, it isn't a joke I guess it's news to some of the newcomers

Novody claimed the entire concept was brand new. It's progressed to a point many find objectionable. Perhaps Jarrett and Petty are newcomers compared to you, or perhaps not.

Good thing I give no f**"is about plate racing (I know they aren't using 'plates' anymore, not sure what to call it). What a joke.

This is exactly why I said earlier in the week that Chase is going to have to get greedy. Some of these guys cannot afford to race like this and cruise while guys in front of him collect stage points. He has two teammates ahead of him in the playoffs and now as points stand after 1 stage, Chase either has to win or needs a wreck. So what is he supposed to do?

I'll tell you, make your own moves and work with whoever the hell you want. It's your season on the line.

This is exactly why I said earlier in the week that Chase is going to have to get greedy. Some of these guys cannot afford to race like this and cruise while guys in front of him collect stage points. He has two teammates ahead of him in the playoffs and now as points stand after 1 stage, Chase either has to win or needs a wreck. So what is he supposed to do?

I'll tell you, make your own moves and work with whoever the hell you want. It's your season on the line.

Yep, same ol B.S. different day. It's every driver for themselves when you get right down to it. Chevy is trying to get their chase drivers to advance. They have an advantage at the super speedways and they are pressing it. They could dump all their money into 4 cars with a leftover like the Yoters have done. Hate to see it happen if there were like 12 cars from three different brands racing. Anybody remember when Chase won, and Bowman was hooked to his bumper? Or when Toyota made a deal with the Chevy's, nothing was said derogatory then? Anybody remember how mad Logano was that McDowell who was driving a Ford didn't help Logano while the Toyota's who had made a deal with the Chevy's won the race?

Good teaser today --

very grateful to have a Monday finale!

Good thing I give no f**"is about plate racing (I know they aren't using 'plates' anymore, not sure what to call it). What a joke.

this is some F1 level of bs. The allure of nascar is that it’s the “anti open wheel”. Team orders and telling guys not to put on a show for the fans ain’t the way to warm fans back up to the sport or to gain new ones. Their job is to put on a show for the fans and may the best one win.

this is some F1 level of bs. The allure of nascar is that it’s the “anti open wheel”. Team orders and telling guys not to put on a show for the fans ain’t the way to warm fans back up to the sport or to gain new ones. Their job is to put on a show for the fans and may the best one win.

IDK about you Bud, it looked pretty racy to me, this ain't F-1. I thought it was pretty interesting that both Yotas who started in the back made it to the front quickly, but both the 18 and the 11 got dumped in the sucker hole. Doesn't look like the Chevys and the Yotas have a deal this year.

Racing was awesome today I was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully the corporate heads don’t ruin it

I was at the track. Really disappointed it got rained out but that was some really good racing imo. Loved it. Never seen cars go that fast so close together, damn!!!... tv dont do it justice those guys are nuts! We'll be going back next year for sure. Would be there tomorrow if I didn't have to work. I was surprised at how good Talladega is in person. I was expecting it to be a much better "on tv" track. Boy was that wrong. It's my new favorite go to right behind Bristol. Yep we might be going there both times every year since it's only 3 hours from the house. Hope to hear some good racing tomorrow on xm while working. Would like to see some Fords whup ass. If Jimmie Johnson and some other chebbies get caught up in the big one that would be icing on the cake lol

I looked at the forecast Sat night and I figured Talladega had a strong shot at a rainout so I thought just maybe we could get our race in here at the Carolina Nationals on Sun and then I could pack up and hit the road Sun night and stop and watch the race on Mon at Talladega on the way to Dallas. That idea got squashed when all we did was stand around and watch it rain here in Charlotte all day until they finally told us around 5.00 pm that we would be racing at 10.00 am on Mon. :(

Back
Top Bottom