2019 Watkins Glen --Go Bowling At The Glen -- Pre-Race Thread

I have off tomorrow so curiosity led me to check out tickets for the race. $135 for reserved grandstand? good lawd.....

I have off tomorrow so curiosity led me to check out tickets for the race. $135 for reserved grandstand? good lawd.....

Sonoma was overpriced too, especially for tracks where you barely can see a lot (especially Watkins Glen).

A couple years back I looked at going to the Xfinity race and you had to buy a full priced weekend ticket. They say since so many actually camp inside the track they can't lower the price. People would pay for the Xfinity race then just stay over for the cup. I do think they could lower Sundays admission a bit.

Complete crap race. Oiled track. 18 got screwed....revisionist history. Thought maybe NASCAR would go down the path of oiling the tracks for entertainment purposes after that garbage (think anti-PJ1). I'm over it thought....can't you tell? :D
Brad's post race made me a fan of him here.

"that's what NASCAR racings all about" he was okay with 2nd, and losing the race to Ambrose in that manner.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Qualifying: HMS front row
upload_2019-8-3_18-39-45.png

Didn't even follow the car that won round 1 and missed the pole winning lap lol

This feels like a Martin Truex kind of race. We had two first time winners in Friesen and Cindric, would love to see someone like Byron or DiBenedetto win though

Has anyone figured out why we go bowling at The Glen yet?? I can't figure this one out. We're here to go racing, not bowling.
Ya know how Sonoma incorporates the drag strip into the stretch between 6 and 7? After the race, they put lanes down pit road, similar to how b-ball courts are laid over hickey ice. . Pit road violators have to return the balls.

Ya know how Sonoma incorporates the drag strip into the stretch between 6 and 7? After the race, they put lanes down pit road, similar to how b-ball courts are laid over hickey ice. . Pit road violators have to return the balls.
Presumably the hickey ice reduces swelling.

Sorry, Charles ... sometimes I just can’t help myself.

Hey guys!! I see y’all trying to keep me off forum by slowing my IP down on the site haha.. just kick me off already.. y’all that made someone not all over JJ N* like the rest of y’all smh!

Last edited:
Hey guys!! I see y’all trying to keep me off forum by slowing my IP down on the site haha.. just kick me off already.. y’all that made someone not all over JJ N* like the rest of y’all smh!
smh? Yeah give your head a shake.

Well got home from late shift.....had 3 beers now bed. Someone wake me when the race starts.
sleep.gif

Brad's post race made me a fan of him here.

"that's what NASCAR racings all about" he was okay with 2nd, and losing the race to Ambrose in that manner.

I will openly say that I am bitter and totally biased when it comes to this race. I don't have a valid perspective. :D

I will openly say that I am bitter and totally biased when it comes to this race. I don't have a valid perspective. :D
And that's supposed to surprise us? Lordy lordy. :confused:

Well got home from late shift.....had 3 beers now bed. Someone wake me when the race starts.
sleep.gif
give out your phone number, I'll call you.

Just checked your account -- nothing seems to be wrong.

More awful Team 48 Crybaby coverage on NBCSN. Glad for Chad and Kevin that they didn't let Jimmie drag them down. The soft whimpering of C7 and the HMS organization needs to be pushed somewhere next to Racing Wives in Avoidable Media Contact category.

Hopefully the "new guy" will do good enough not to get trashed by the old man and his dozen fans...

Mad*. Not "made". Who knows. I did report you for trolling and derailing the other threads though.

That said, it's probably a connection/network thing on your end.

Mad*. Not "made". Who knows. I did report you for trolling and derailing the other threads though.

So I troll by speaking how I feel smh .. have s great day my friend

I don't think that we can discount Jimmie and Chad somehow being behind this. They did 'magically' win 7 cups, after all.

Back
Top Bottom