2020 24 Hours of LeMans

Lame duck class in LMP1, no Corvette/Ford/Porsche North America in GTE-Pro...probably the least I’ve looked forward to this in a while. LMP2 is pretty stacked at least and Risi and WeatherTech make GTE-Pro a little more full.

Lame duck class in LMP1, no Corvette/Ford/Porsche North America in GTE-Pro...probably the least I’ve looked forward to this in a while. LMP2 is pretty stacked at least and Risi and WeatherTech make GTE-Pro a little more full.
LMP2 and GTE-Am looks good, just a shame Corvette is not attempting to compete this year in the Pro class. GTLM is whatever this year, hopefully things will improve come next season for more manufacturer involvement.

LMP2 and GTE-Am looks good, just a shame Corvette is not attempting to compete this year in the Pro class. GTLM is whatever this year, hopefully things will improve come next season for more manufacturer involvement.
GTE-Am does look pretty good too, and that’s with a number of seats left to fill. I just wish it weren’t so Porsche/Ferrari heavy. Kinda tells the whole story about GTE right now though.

Maybe some IndyCar guys can grab some of the half-dozen or so LMP rides left.

I watched maybe half an hour of this race last year and I doubt I'm going to watch much more of it next month.
WEC was looking good until 2015. Then the Nissan LMP project failed and it started to go downhill in a hurry.
The best part of watching this race from 2013 to 2017 (I think I watched up to 18 hours of it during those years) was rooting for Toyota only to see them lose in heart-breaking fashion.

Lame duck class in LMP1,

We had to see this coming when all the teams were bailing left and right. As it stands, I believe it's just Toyota and maybe Rebellion. I'm not sure you can count Bykolles, but I'll certainly be pulling for them to upset.

LMP2 is pretty stacked at least and Risi and WeatherTech make GTE-Pro a little more full.

Nothing would thrill me more that to see all the P1 cars crap out and a little P2 team to win overall. It's possible. Jackie Chan came within a lap of winning a few years ago, so why not this time?

Speaking of Rebellion, looks like they will be at Spa too. Are they having second thoughts about pulling out?

WEC was looking good until 2015. Then the Nissan LMP project failed …...

That car was designed by the Delta Wing guy. His cars are always interesting but never seem to do very much. Nissan supported LeMans for a lot of years, but that car was so bad they had to either restart from scratch (with a $200 million car, that is) or drop out.

it started to go downhill in a hurry.

The FIA's ridiculous love affair with hybrids is responsible for that. They simply hung on for tooo long. It was too expensive for all but the world's largest auto manufacturer, and in an effort to appease them into staying the FIA created a privateer class to race against them, only they never intended for it to be real race. The privateers got beaten into submission and they all threw up their hands and left. Now we're back to nothing, just exactly where the FIA leads us every single time.

Well, damm. Is it that time already? We just had Atlanta 6 hours, LeMans is next, then Sebring 12 hours, then the Petite Lemans. Hell of a schedule.

I'll be pulling for the Toyotas to flame out and Rebellion's to go out in the grand winning style they deserve. At this point we need more teams like Rebellion and less auto manufacturers.

JPM will be driving for DragonSpeed in LMP2 alongside Timothy Buret and Memo Rojas:
Honestly would not mind at all if the LMP1s flamed out and we had an LMP2 battle for overall victory, as we were so close to in 2017.

G-Drive just put in another entry with Tandy and Jarvis as two of the drivers after Carlin dropped out too. I’m growing more excited about that class.

Honestly would not mind at all if the LMP1s flamed out and we had an LMP2 battle for overall victory, as we were so close to in 2017.

Oh, hell yes. That what I hope for every year, but this time I am going with Rebellion's because they supported sportscar racing for over a decade on their own money and they will supposedly be gone after this race. They deserve to go out in style, especially considering how out of whack the rules have always been in Toyota's favor.

Ginetta has pulled out. What a shame to see the factory program end like this:
This program has been off from day 1, even before COVID.

Tomlinson cited a need to return the cars to the UK to undertake proper rebuilds for missing Austin and a preference for testing a series of upgrades on the G60 over competing at Spa. The team slimmed down its entry for Le Mans to a single car because it didn't want to produce the necessary spares for two in case a race postponed from June didn't happen.

Tough bunch to figure out. I'd be shocked if anyone wanted to run them as customer cars next year.

Only five prototypes in the world's biggest sportscar race. That's just pathetic.

At least the odds of a P2 car winning just got better! It would be even cooler if it were Montoya!

Oh, hell yes. That what I hope for every year, but this time I am going with Rebellion's because they supported sportscar racing for over a decade on their own money and they will supposedly be gone after this race. They deserve to go out in style, especially considering how out of whack the rules have always been in Toyota's favor.
I will always be thankful of Rebellion for making Petit a little more interesting when they showed up when they didnt have to. Just a great team.

I will always be thankful of Rebellion for making Petit a little more interesting when they showed up when they didnt have to. Just a great team.

Rebellion was completely self funded, and absolutely the best privateer team of the last 15 years. Now the FIA has not only lost them, but Ginetta has pulled the plug too. This series is horribly mismanaged, and just watch, they are going to screw up the convergence too. Just watch.

I always watch parts of this race (depending on coverage). I think it is a significant race (a major in the racing world). I haven't followed the European sports car classes, I'll being looking into the cars.

I tried the above link this morning and I think its just for a support series.

Yes , quite nice. Reminds me of F1 on ESPN.

They have had the same commentators for the entire race, which is odd. And I'm sick of the sound of Sam Hancock's voice.

Back
Top Bottom