2020 Darlington Throwback Schemes

Christopher Bell and LFR honoring Bell’s Truck Championship scheme!

Personally I think this Rheem car looks great like this for Darlington!

8892C87C-A774-43FB-B492-01196EA5D114.jpeg

Surely on the 38 of Ragan they could put the Correct Citgo logo on that hood... since it’s atleast the same brand which will be on there...

I mean at the very, very least... could they use the 2000 citgo logo and then if they MUST... put ‘CITGARD’ under it. Too good of a opportunity with the car to not do it

Couple more angles of Kyle Busch’s ‘Sadler’ throwback...
7CD0913A-CB0E-41D6-8DA3-AE02DB4B8488.jpeg

Is this a joke? That fastback roofline is a design on a direct result of aerodynamic testing.

Nah man serious as I can be. the Yellow banana was a factory Ford defect, bent down in the front and up in the rear by happenstance and Juntior Jonson was in the right place at the right time to buy it. We all know that there wasn't aero back then.

Really liking Custer’s Curtis Turner scheme.

When they just try to follow the old design and not over-clutter it, it really seems to work.

Erik Jones and the 20 throwing it back to Tony Stewart’s 2005 Martinsville ‘Lithium Ion’ Home Depot Car.

Tony
7527E8F2-618C-4F5C-8CC2-5C3EFB64B6C1.jpeg

Eriks 2020 Darlington car
1352A2E7-39F0-4D1F-838E-10D81D9DC655.jpeg

Erik Jones and the 20 throwing it back to Tony Stewart’s 2005 Martinsville ‘Lithium Ion’ Home Depot Car.

TonyView attachment 48899

Eriks 2020 Darlington car
View attachment 48900
Wow... thats just bad. Just make it orange, invert the roof number colors and they’re in business. Simple stuff. But some of these sponsors are so dedicated to being “on brand” it ruins the aesthetic of this race.

Haha yeah such an authentic throwback
Wow... thats just bad. Just make it orange, invert the roof number colors and they’re in business. Simple stuff. But some of these sponsors are so dedicated to being “on brand” it ruins the aesthetic of this race.

I agree totally. Chex your reply is exactly what I wanted to mention but I didn’t think I should in that particular post of showing the scheme to everyone.

Tony’s Lithium car is one of my favorites from his era of driving the 20. That silver with the orange, and orange roof number worked so well.

At the very least Sport Clips should have had the roof number red, it would have given the car a much better look, I think I could live with it being red and silver as long as it was still trying to be true towards the original car it’s based on.

Every year I feel like that though. Some of these cars are just not much to hype up because the current brands don’t want to step off their own stuff even for one race.

Hell the merchandise some of the collectors swoop up and preorder would be even better if these sponsors would make the cars as true of a throwback as possible.

I guess it’s their dollar, they won’t listen to us... but yea a lot of these cars come off about as well as a wet fart

Nah man serious as I can be. the Yellow banana was a factory Ford defect, bent down in the front and up in the rear by happenstance and Juntior Jonson was in the right place at the right time to buy it. We all know that there wasn't aero back then.
You're killing me, man.

All it borrowed was the arrangement of the paint colors. If you have to tell people what paint scheme you're supposedly replicating, you missed the mark.

Love the powered blue.

I'm not really digging this one too much, but to honor his Dad has to be pretty cool. I bet it will look much better on track than these renders.

I always hate when they don't show it side by side to the original what that the 9 Gain car?

Well the Burton car with DEX is only one of a few where the sponsors changed up their branding and colors to make the throwback a legit throwback.

DEX(+1 Step)

Denny Hamlin's Xfinity Throwback, I screen grabbed it from the video
Screenshot_2020-09-01 Joe Gibbs Racing on Twitter.png

Back
Top Bottom