2020 Darlington Throwback Schemes

In addition to the throwback car having the same paint scheme, having the same number as the original car makes it even better.

If only they could have gotten Skoal on board it would have been perfect.

On the other hand, a Fireball Roberts throwback just doesn't look right without a #22 on side . . . .

Ross's throwback for Dale Sr.
77-dirty-mo-throwback-1020x555.jpg

In addition to the throwback car having the same paint scheme, having the same number as the original car makes it even better.

If only they could have gotten Skoal on board it would have been perfect.

I may be wrong, but aren't tobacco sponsorships etc. banned now?

Regardless I do really like that throwback

Yeah, 2010, but there are no tobacco logos on it so its fine.

so basically no chance of Skoal joining for it even if they had wanted to

He had one back when everyone else did back in the late 90's and early 2000's. Didn't look good then either.

Reactions: Pat
nope Snuff. wintergreen flavor, kinda like a menthol brand of cig. Copenhagen is more tobacco flavored. Ol Walt "just a pinch between your cheek and gum"

Derek Kraus doing Ron Hornaday 1996 throwback for the Darlington Truck race
View attachment 48896
Seeing this truck obviously takes me back to the 90s and it coincides with recent news about a track the trucks use to race on in those days which will be torn down soon. Mansfield speedway. A track that is somewhat local to the area I’ve been working out of for a few minutes now... driving past the track which has been used as a dirt track for awhile now, it still looks mostly the same as it always did for the last 20 or so years... just another speedway which is lost as time marches on.

just seeing this truck made me think of that news, so great job in the throwback to the team. It looks amazing

I always thought Skoal was beer.

Lots don’t know it’s like the universal drinking toast in the Nordic countries.

Gerda gave me the cup her lips had just touched, and I drank "skoal" to them in turn, and so Gerda the Queen had come home.”

Back
Top Bottom