2020 Daytona 500 Pre-Race Thread

Apparently, He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is leaving shortly after the green flag drops, making all of the extra security measures and reserving the France box for him effectively pointless

Apparently, He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is leaving shortly after the green flag drops, making all of the extra security measures and reserving the France box for him effectively pointless
No point in a politician hanging around when he or she is no longer the center of attention. I wonder how much this dog and pony show is costing the taxpayers?

Well, all is not lost. A buddy of mine dropped these off at the house last night...some of the NEPA fans know this stuff very well! At least we have some Pocono Pizza for the occasion.

m0vWRKt3CgVTT_9AIn4-m_q2cti2CapOP_REJCzpyydcog_75dHKV1PfzM3V_gbQcat22nar9Xf0xG3IG2XgZjlqY5-km_H5J6CCExFW3sIHmNaX_3IhHf3sw5PNv3ZGpOQh74PmF_1TiqnT55HS029vo6YOUixZ0Ex3DgNPxwt6S8GlYVxEN2DAYqSbEjF7Xk7hr3P_gks6L6_2lNA_nFHNyZ4VAl9YfsnaoIqeeRt-NLnRuGWWKc0Xyw7QP1wn2CiwC6XrG0qsMUjB4tspiuW63Cbjxg5DFQPs497fzdTPBE7fil5FqfyKjG5K9MLByNdwAQnVANi20uPFgu_ENf_rc-h-MkBq-GpVmeq8EJKhiEfeS3c__FDzmm6GVgPmecSeZmcavQuRgGd93r7izOyyZCEyPCmYrLo9Nm41tuRU7mfO71NphPMySof3zkUgkuwti_cSN-sHoMKYiguKASg1e0uo7wmITYBpnSSTWbCai2WnKG9K1XRFqrP_YMrwyCxWLqEW4odvFcnAOCapNm0TeJkTsGZwbyNNapIv9sj4Piq-TFrq8zhTZra_niU-PFLkKyP7UkAD2Ezx6LFFiMikZHyAecN3aCIpYMLENeciZ_SfRqZKkVnDBcfmcGXaTULRGbywmMpaizgUlC_951ocEqEnvlby1dJCam2zBsEVjIq7pAmiX80=w487-h649-no

West Coast audience.

Last year by this time, I was in Guam up at like 5 or 6am to watch the race today. If you really want to watch it, you can get up early to do so.:D

Set my alarm, had my coffee ready with some breakfast. It was pretty cool.

Why would the push the start time back with a threat of rain? Makes absolutely no sense.

POTUS

Trump's fortunately leaving at 3:10 PM as per the White House travel itinerary..

Anthem is at 2:54 PM, and Trump will give the Command at 3:06PM, he will have only 4 minutes to leave Daytona, after the Command. He won't have time to go off on a tangent...

So we won't see this turn into a MAGA rally, thank god...

Yeah, that was really cool to see, regardless of one's feelings about the president. :salute:
Our house is in one of the flight paths to the Columbia SC airport, and he came to town a couple of years ago. I was inside with patio doors open and I heard an aircraft that didn't sound like any of the typical incoming birds. I looked out and there it was, about half the height of the usual traffic.

Yeah, regardless of who's in it, it's an impressive bird. Still, the semi-annual C-17s leave it in the dust. The one last month came in straight at me as I was driving on the nearby main drag. Damn things look like they're going so slow they ought to just fall out of the sky.

The cynic in me says to accommodate the president's hot lap.
What? That’s been a planned event that has only been public for about a week. It wasn’t a last minute decision that need to push the start time back by over half an hour.

What? That’s been a planned event that has only been public for about a week. It wasn’t a last minute decision that need to push the start time back by over half an hour.
I admitted it was a cynical notion. I'm open to other reasons unrelated to his visit. Suggest some.

Very cool to have a sitting president give the command for the race. All the hits the sport has taken in the last few years, it feels mainstream and on center stage today

Yeah, it just great that we have a foul mothed six-time bankrupting pathological liar and a con man giving the command for the race.

MAKE NASCAR GREAT AGAIN

I always enjoy the perspective of the young talented rookies, like Bell and Custer. These are young drivers who have been elite and championship contenders through out the entire careers as race car drivers. They win races. But the talent gap from Xfinity to cup is SO massive.

Equipment aside.. prior to their Cup rookie seasons, the most talented drivers they have ever raced against consistently are barely good enough to be mid pack drivers in Cup. Not only is almost every competitive full time driver in cup more talented than their best Xfinity competitors, but they are so much more experienced.

These young kids truly can't be prepared. Love what I'm seeing in practice with Busch and Bell right now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ask yourself, when have you seen a rookie class this talented?

Back
Top Bottom