2020 IndyCar Miscellaneous

Discussion in 'Open Wheel Racing' started by Charlie Spencer, Sep 22, 2019.

1. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

2. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

FLRacingFan likes this.
  3. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

4. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Kimball isn't a bad choice for a team like Foyt, actually a good one IMO. Maybe them having multiple experienced drivers around now will help even just a bit, rather than them usually having one or zero experienced vets in recent years. And at the least Charlie getting the full-time seat is way better than Kellett getting it.

gnomesayin and donthaveanickname like this.
  5. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Tremendous Photoshop job with Santucci's head on Seb's body here...

6. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

7. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

'Farewell Tour' seems to be the most obvious reason for this:

Kiante and Charlie Spencer like this.
  8. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

9. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Dixon will be the last from the Split Era. That raced in the old CART series.

Amazing career TK has had, I hope he kicks ass at the 500 this year.

10. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

11. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

HPD killed the Alonso to Andretti deal:

Will a Chevy team pick up this opportunity to have Alonso in the show?

12. donthaveanickname

donthaveanickname Team Owner

Carlin maybe? :D

13. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Holy ****. There is truly no love lost in this relationship. RACER also reports that Alonso was to stay with Andretti after the 500 and run some of the road courses. Major loss for the series.

There just aren't enough good Chevy options unless Ed Carpenter takes up the opportunity of a lifetime for a fourth car (he's been adamant about not doing four this year) or there's some weird, ugly, awkward McLaren reunion. Penske won't expand. Wtf else is he going to do - run with a Carlin, DragonSpeed, Juncos?

gnomesayin and Charlie Spencer like this.
  14. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Best possibility IMO, but Carlin has not even confirmed their driver(s) for the season.

A third car for them would be cool, but I'm not sure if its viable for them. DragonSpeed I think is committing to Hanley, and Ed with four cars is a bit much IMO.

Foyt and Carlin might be Alonso's only options for the 500. Foyt and Alonso working with TK and Kimball would be a good fit, both are really good at Indy.

gnomesayin and FLRacingFan like this.
  15. donthaveanickname

Carlin prepared Alonso's car last year, and their two regular cars got a DNQ as well.
    It can only get better.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  16. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

I struggle to see Alonso taking a gig with a team that is really not a surefire contender and in that regard Honda holds the cards. Beyond Penske and ECR for the ovals Chevy doesn't have anywhere close to the depth that Honda does. Maybe McLaren SPM will change that but they still have a lot to prove. If Ed won't run a fourth car for Kyle Busch I don't see him suddenly making one available for Alonso either. Foyt still do have a decent oval program but I'm thinking any third 500 seat they open up has Bourdais' name on it.

Might just be best to get working on 2021. Helio's Penske contract expires after 2020 I believe.

17. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Major bummer, ugh.

Kiante and FLRacingFan like this.
  18. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses.

It could stay the same.

donthaveanickname likes this.
  19. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

If he found a team that painted the spare the right color the first time and remembered the steering wheel that would at least be a better start. :D

20. Charlie Spencer

Still, those errors beat trying to mount the steering wheel on the axle, and bolting the tire to the steering column.

See? Plenty of room left to screw up.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  21. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Cool move by HPD here, but also strengthens the argument that Pro 2000 needn't be a part of the Road to Indy.

22. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Kellett gets the third Foyt seat for the 500. Yuck.

23. Charlie Spencer

Another ride not available to Alonso.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  24. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

25. donthaveanickname

I hope his first IndyCar start won't be his last.

I'm disappointed Bourdais only gets to run 4 races, though.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  26. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

DJ Kellett!

"We da best oval racer!"

FLRacingFan likes this.
  27. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

If he does reasonably well enough he'll be back in some capacity in 2021. Whether it be as a fourth car or replacing Power or Pagenaud - there's been a lot of talk already that Simon could wind up with McLaren next year, re-joining Schmidt Peterson as well as Gil de Ferran.

Kinda disappointed Seb has a light slate myself, but I suppose it's always better than when he was looking at 0 races not too long ago this offseason.

28. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Stealthy.

29. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

30. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Looks sharp.

31. donthaveanickname

Kiante and FLRacingFan like this.
  32. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

I can **** with this. Would love to see Nasr get the bulk of the schedule in the #31. Maybe Daly can get in the #59 for the other four oval races.

Kiante likes this.
  33. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

I'd keep Nasr and Sette Camara to see who could perform out of the two. Especially, with TK on the way out, this is a great way to keep the fans of the Latin American fan base involved.

Chilton of course will be Chilton, nothing spectacular, but doesn't wreck a lot of cars as a steady hand.

ECR had some livery reveals:

FLRacingFan likes this.
  34. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Nasr has a lot of potential at the IndyCar level. Sette Camara is supposedly deciding between going part-time in IndyCar or going back to F2 again. I think he could at least be decent but it's a tough team for someone young and inexperienced IMO. And Motorsport.com did say they're in talks with Daly for the oval races Max dropped so he could wind up full-time.

Love the #20 car. Most of the liveries I've seen so far have been terrific. RLL killed it too.

Kiante likes this.
  35. Charlie Spencer

Is practice still halted or is my streaming feed hung up? I've been seeing the same grandstand since I returned from lunch 15 minutes ago. T&S shows a handful of cars with one lap each but doesn't say which session. Of those, most are over 10 minutes, so I assume the bottom dropped out.

36. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

First practice ended at 1 and they hopefully get back going when the second starts at 2:30. There hasn’t been much on track since it’s too cold for Firestone; they require a combined ambient and track temp of at least 100 and both have been hovering in the 40s all day so far.

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  37. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/02/11/jimmie-johnson-fernando-alonso-scott-dixon-indycar-nascar/

FLRacingFan and Charlie Spencer like this.
  38. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Bourdais was 1st and Nasr 10th when they turned the cars over to Kellett and Sette Camara for the rest of the day, before track conditions were at their peak.

[​IMG]

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  39. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

40. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner