2020 IndyCar Miscellaneous

I’m guessing the impact of tourism is part of whether street course cities run as scheduled with no spectators, or postpone and hope fans will reschedule too. Although everyone’s already in St. Pete, so their options were fewer.

IndyCar following suit with an iRace. Interesting twist, fans are asked to vote to pick out the tracks the series is going to run on

Well, I didn't even wait around to see the race being canceled in St Petersburg. I packed up Thursday morning the 12th and left for home to Ohio that afternoon. It was kind of ironic. I stopped at the post office the next day to get my mail, and the tickets to the Indy 500 were in my mailbox. So I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. I'm kind of heartbroken. The St. Petersburg race is my thing. I enjoy it more than I do the Indy 500. In fact I bought my condo in Florida just to be able to go down and see the race. And do some vacationing a few other times during the year. So I guess we'll have to wait till next year. The ticket vendor said I can put my tickets on next year's race. So I guess I will do that.

This looks like fun

The format will be simple, with qualifying deciding the starting order for the Esports race conducted on the rFactor 2 racing platform.

IndyCar champions, Le Mans 24 Hours winners and grand prix racers fill the list, with two-time Formula 1 world champion Fittipaldi and three-time Indianapolis 500 winners Castroneves and Franchitti among the first to join the event.

Other confirmed drivers include F1, IndyCar, NASCAR and IMSA race winner Juan Pablo Montoya; F1 race winner Herbert; Le Mans winner David Brabham; multiple Le Mans class winner and IMSA champion Jan Magnussen; IndyCar champion Paul Tracy (pictured below); Indy 500 winners and series champions Gil de Ferran and Tony Kanaan; IndyCar race winners Bryan Herta, Adrian Fernandez and Oriol Servia plus ex-F1, IndyCar and sportscar ace Max Papis.

Last edited:

Portland and Gateway moved back a week, Mid-Ohio moved up a week. St. Pete now on the calendar as “TBD Expected Finale”. Hmm.

Long Beach should be the finale.

They should have both Laguna Seca and then Long Beach. Long Beach should still be on there man, a damn shame its not on the revised schedule.

So NASCAR cup will be running on the road course?
The 400 will be on the oval on Sunday. Indy/X on the road course Saturday. It’s a Cup/Indy doubleheader in that it doesn’t seem like they’ve ever been sharing the same venue on the same weekend.

Will be a very interesting event if it goes on. Garage interactions should be something to look forward to.

The 400 will be on the oval on Sunday. Indy/X on the road course Saturday. It’s a Cup/Indy doubleheader in that it doesn’t seem like they’ve ever been sharing the same venue on the same weekend.

Will be a very interesting event if it goes on. Garage interactions should be something to look forward to.
Suppose someone will try the double? :)

Long Beach should be the finale.

They should have both Laguna Seca and then Long Beach. Long Beach should still be on there man, a damn shame its not on the revised schedule.
Of all the races on the original 2020 schedule, Long Beach is the one I would miss the least.

I don't think we know what the world will look like in a month, so it's hard for me to figure how realistic these revised dates are. Nobody knows. Late August seems safer than early July, but we will see. I'm a little surprised they didn't go even later with the 500 and take Labor Day weekend.

I don't think we know what the world will look like in a month, so it's hard for me to figure how realistic these revised dates are. Nobody knows. Late August seems safer than early July, but we will see. I'm a little surprised they didn't go even later with the 500 and take Labor Day weekend.
There's an old military axiom that 'No plan survives contact with the enemy.' Still, you need one so that you're ready to go when the excreta stops impacting the revolving air mover.

I don’t think Detroit goes off, especially with the time required to put the track together on the park.

I'm surprised they made the move to reschedule so soon. I would think, and hope, this thing will have run its course by late May.

I'm surprised they made the move to reschedule so soon. I would think, and hope, this thing will have run its course by late May.
We are still weeks, if not months, away from this thing even peaking so it’s probably best to get out ahead of things and book TV slots while you can. There have already been events moved out into September, October, November. Realistically May was never going to happen, and as far as we know we could go well beyond without any sport as well. But it’s better to be ahead of the curve than wait until a few weeks before and then scramble for a date and window not already crowded.

You think you're disappointed? I was hoping they'd go back to Watkins Glen FOR REAL.
I'm just saying if they are always concerned with safety on ovals then you should run them on iracing in this situation. Heck run at Talladega for the heck of it.

Back
Top Bottom