2020 IndyCar Miscellaneous

I'm just saying if they are always concerned with safety on ovals then you should run them on iracing in this situation. Heck run at Talladega for the heck of it.
I don't know squat about how this works, but I'm -guessing- they don't already have a track configuration for Michigan or 'Dega for IndyCars, that the physics parameters don't exist. Does that make any sense?

I don't know squat about how this works, but I'm -guessing- they don't already have a track configuration for Michigan or 'Dega for IndyCars, that the physics parameters don't exist. Does that make any sense?
You can put cars pretty much on whatever track you want from my experience in Iracing but that was 4 years ago. I know I could test an IndyCar at Daytona, but it was on the top of the rev limiter the whole time so I'm not sure how it would work.

Well people have done it

I did vote Michigan but it was pretty close, 53/47 split on Twitter at least. They haven’t been to The Glen much either and it’s one of the top road courses in the country so I can understand either way. I'm looking forward to what the driver’s choice and ‘dream’ track choice will be.

It needs to be a track were they have to lift. Full throttle around a track isn't good racing.
Compared to yesterday? With everyone on the same setup that is great racing, and would be as awesome as the glorious days when I loved the IRL.

I hope they run some oval races on iracing. The road courses are boring to watch in that game.

Leigh Diffey just confirmed at the end of the broadcast the drivers’ choice track next weekend is Michigan. Should be really fun.

Leigh Diffey just confirmed at the end of the broadcast the drivers’ choice track next weekend is Michigan. Should be really fun.
This should be a fun one.

I wonder if IndyCar execs have one eye on this deal, if it leads to enough interest. Something tells me Michigan could possibly happen, but I wonder if it would come at the cost of Belle Isle? I would hope not, but I wonder if fans would be willing to go to both events if held around the same time. Maybe slot Michigan after the 500, then Belle Isle? Would be cool to see it back on the schedule.

This should be a fun one.

I wonder if IndyCar execs have one eye on this deal, if it leads to enough interest. Something tells me Michigan could possibly happen, but I wonder if it would come at the cost of Belle Isle? I would hope not, but I wonder if fans would be willing to go to both events if held around the same time. Maybe slot Michigan after the 500, then Belle Isle? Would be cool to see it back on the schedule.
As long as Penske and GM are involved I think Belle Isle will always be on the calendar, but I think MIS is ripe for a NASCAR/IndyCar combo weekend. That return trip in August would fall into what's normally a pretty open window for IndyCar.

It takes five to six weeks to put Belle Isle together. I think they'll postpone it relatively soon. They’ve been looking at the first four weekends in October for makeup dates for St. Pete, Belle Isle, and Texas; the least preferred option currently being October 17-18 (Petit Le Mans).

If we’re fortunate enough to get any real racing this year I think anything before Independence Day Weekend is optimistic.

Hi, I'm a Moving Target! Good luck hitting me! :p

They're doing a decent job of trying to cobble together a season. Right now it's just the nature of the beast.

EDIT: Run the second Laguna Seca race clockwise. I wanna see 'em take the Corkscrew going uphill.
They should run the second Iowa race clockwise as well.

I'm not going to complain about adding an extra oval.

You know it's kind of funny the week this came out on youtube Dale Jr gets in a virtual indycar.

Back
Top Bottom