2020 IndyCar Miscellaneous

Music City GP might get ink'd in by the end of this week:
Honda Grand Prix of Nashville at Nissan Stadium

Early August would fit in well between what was originally a big gap between Iowa and Mid-Ohio this season but could be tricky for TV purposes next year with the Olympics. Running when the Preds are out of season and the Titans are just beginning preseason is good scheduling though.

So he's racing all of the non-oval events, and maybe the 500, but none of the other ovals. Even the lower speed ones? That's a strange lineup, but puts into some perspective how dangerous open wheel oval racing is considered by other racers outside the discipline.

So he's racing all of the non-oval events, and maybe the 500, but none of the other ovals. Even the lower speed ones? That's a strange lineup, but puts into some perspective how dangerous open wheel oval racing is considered by other racers outside the discipline.
I know JJ has mentioned that running the 500 is a possibility, but I'll be very surprised if that happens. It would be the easiest one to find sponsorship for, so if it doesn't happen that will mean JJ said "No." I expect JJ to say No... just my opinion.

Going the Max Chilton direction excluding the 500, if deciding to go forth with it.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

I really couldn't care much either way at this point regarding RHR, Marco, and Veach. Veach has had three years and has shown zero progress, Marco is Marco, RHR is just kinda there. However, I do believe DHL is an important partner to keep in the fold. Gainbridge has forked out a lot of money but they're tied at the hip with Veach. Ideally Hinch and Genesys find a way to expand their program to full-time.

Sato and RLL seems like a no-brainer to me. It's probably the most stable situation he's been in and Honda gets to have him in contention a fair amount.

Sergio Perez seems like a massive pipe dream, but Sam Schmidt's comments on bringing in a vet like Helio or JPM alongside Askew and O'Ward in a partial capacity are interesting.

Will you be able to see anything?
Lots of grandstands down in the Turn 1 braking zone that look good. The others look like they have a good view of other slow speed corners and the pits.

For those who have the money, I’m sure the Turn 11 and Nissan Stadium club areas have some amazing views.

Ladies and gentlemen, we got him:

Apologize for the size, I did not realize it was photo was this large.
EiPUUtqX0AAdA1o

Ladies and gentlemen, we got him:

Apologize for the size, I did not realize it was photo was this large.
EiPUUtqX0AAdA1o
Graham, protests aren't organized by corporations looking to make profit, you gibbering idiot. Also, there's no Constitutional right to host sporting events. And just because some people unwisely choose to overcrowd doesn't mean it's a good idea for everyone to do dumb things. "But Mom, all the other kids are jumping off the roof!"

I now feel justified for always having a modest dislike for that guy. He has a very punchable face. :lol2:

Graham, protests aren't organized by corporations looking to make profit, you gibbering idiot. Also, there's no Constitutional right to host sporting events. And just because some people unwisely choose to overcrowd doesn't mean it's a good idea for everyone to do dumb things. "But Mom, all the other kids are jumping off the roof!"
I kind of miss shooting the bull with Graham. After Courtney got out of the funny car seat to start a family and then selling their mansion here in SOCAL I hardly ever see either one of them any more. But, for a few years between frequently running in to him at the bank, grocery store, or a restaurant here in California, or at a dragstrip somewhere across the Country on a weekly basis, I would get to talk to him quite a bit, and he is a very nice and smart young man. Plus he use to rent a race shop from his father in law John Force that was right across the street from JFR in Brownsburg IN and when I was between races I would park our hauler at JFR sometimes if the hotel paring lot was to full and Graham would be hanging out.

Not too surprised Zach got the boot. This is a gracious move by him to step down and let other drivers race with the current testing restrictions in place.

I'm extremely bummed, I liked Veach a ton coming out of IndyLights. I hope he continues and looks for another ride in the future, it just did not work out for him.

Wonderful personality and a high character guy, but the results were not there.

Back
Top Bottom