2020 Monster Energy Supercross

I too thought Roczen was gone with that lead and Tomac trapped in 5th early.

I too thought Roczen was gone with that lead and Tomac trapped in 5th early.

Roczen has bad luck with last lap passes with the finish line literally meters away. Webb did the same to him last year somewhere. He did make a couple of mistakes tonight though.

Definitely a bad sign for any hope the Supercross season could be resumed, but I think I already knew that wasn't gojng to happen. The only possible long term benefit I could see to this is if another company became the promotor for Supercross. Feld is something of a joke.

Very unfortunate for all of the employees effected.

Final two scheduled rounds canceled BUT they're now going to try to run seven rounds sometime later this year.

All remaining rounds contested in Utah starting May 31, which will be on NBC network.

Why am I not even surprised to see that NBC has a number of these races directly in conflict with Nascar on Fox?

Sunday May 31: SX at 3.00 vs Cup at 3.30
Sunday June 7: SX at 5.00 vs Cup at 3.00
Wednesday June 10: SX vs 7.00 vs Cup at 7.00
Sunday June 14: SX at 7.00 vs Cup at 3.30 (not direct conflict)
Sunday June 21: SX at 3.00 vs Cup at 3.00

I realize Supercross has always had a small niche audience compared to Nascar. I think NBC is passing up a chance to introduce SX to a considerable number of existing racing fans. I don't think that's smart.

Agreed, I don't get the sheer number of conflicts with NASCAR Cup races. I guess NBC badly wants some Sunday sports fare. I don't particularly like the shift from Saturday evenings to Sunday afternoons. Normally Sunday afternoon is the better timeslot, but there are still going to be a lot more people staying home and watching TV on Saturday nights for the next two months than normal.

I was afraid they weren't going to be able to run after the rioting in SLC yesterday. So glad it's back.

Good to see that most everyone is back healthy. Maybe a mid-season, two-month break is in order for injury plagued SX every year. :D

They didn’t really have a good replay of what happened to Cianciarulo but it looked like it could’ve been a good deal worse.

Roczen is the man on certain types of technical tracks. With all of these remaining rounds in Utah, if the track configurations stay similar to today's, I don't see how he beats Eli straight up. However, Tomac"s penchant for mental errors could strike anytime.

I missed some portions of the races and will rewatch later, but what I saw looked like most were racing clean and careful, which is good to see after the long layoff.

Stewart's little bro showing some speed and winning his first heat ever in the 450.

Roczen is just not up to snuff. Championship is done.

Eli runs laps around him.

I'm very dissapointed in Roczen. He's looking like he doesn't belong in the big leagues.

Hopefully Webb makes this an actual battle.

I'm embarrassed to say I forgot they were racing last night, and will be watching the recording tonight.

With regard to Roczen, haven't seen it, but I think he has lingering health and conditioning issues that keep him from always being able to sustain.

I watched both Sunday and Wednesday races on Friday via DVR. Eli Tomac is the man! Glad to see Webb get a win as a change of pace, though. RC has stepped up his game as an analyst. Don't remember which race he broke down the whoops, but he was right on the mark. Good stuff.

Nice battle between Tomac and Webb. Anderson is charging and looks impressive. Roczen is fading and looks gassed.

Ready for main event time.

Now I was the one who forgot there was a race.

This Wednesday-Sundays quick turnarounds are hard to keep up. Even when you're doing jack **** at home. lol

This single venue has turned out to be pretty detrimental to the competitive nature of the sport.

Besides the boring aspect of the track I just can’t get excited about the copy/paste results. I think I’m done watching for the year.

This single venue has turned out to be pretty detrimental to the competitive nature of the sport.

Besides the boring aspect of the track I just can’t get excited about the copy/paste results. I think I’m done watching for the year.
Wow. Tough crowd.

First, the track has been redesigned for each race. Second, the rain made it completely unlike the others. Third, it was an epic battle at the front... hard brass knuckles racing mano a mano style. If that's copy/paste racing then I gotta wonder what people want...:idunno:

Roczen looked really good for the first half of the race, but just can't hang for 20 minutes right now. Tomac with a nice recovery.

Webb looking impressive. He would be right there in the championship without the race where he got hurt.

Nice to see Kenny back in good form. Hope he can hold on for 20 minutes.

I liked Sunday's track too. Especially that flat sweeping left with decreasing radius. I would like to see every SX track design have a section with a bit of speed like that. It's just my opinion, but the relentless 1st and 2nd gear point-and-shoot nature of most SX tracks bores me.

Good run by Roczen, that was nice to see. Smart run by Tomac, settle for 3rd with a big points lead. The championship is just about ready for the fat lady to sing.

Strong ride for Sexton to take control of that championship fight.

Curious to see how Tomac rides this race.

Back
Top Bottom