2020 MotoGP season

donthaveanickname

Team Owner
While the MotoGP race has been canceled, Moto3 and Moto2 are still going to race today.
Moto3 will start 8.20 ET and Moto2 is scheduled for 10.00 ET.
Joe Roberts, the lone American full-time rider is on pole for the Moto2 race.

Moto2 put on one helluva show today.
Tetsuta Nagashima won his first race after starting 14th, Joe Roberts got his best career result in 4th.

Can't believe it's been 10 years since Tomizawa won this race.

It was great seeing a MotoGP race again on my big screen tv.
Been a really long time. Cant wait to see the big boys when they
get to COTA for the opener. Glad we have an American to pull
for in Joe Roberts in Moto2. I have always thought that MotoGP
provides the most exciting pure racing on the planet.

I have always thought that MotoGP provides the most exciting pure racing on the planet.
I agree with this. MotoGP has the highest pilot skill content of any major racing series... the highest degree of difficulty. Too much horsepower; too little tire; near zero aero dependency... just the way I like it. And the series is really healthy with six manufacturers racing for huge live crowds and good global TV audiences. MotoGP is everything we've always hoped that F1 would be (but never actually has been).

Sadly, Austin has also been hit... postponed until November.

Another. I'm sorry for the MotoGP fans and participants that this is happening, though I do credit the leadership for getting out in front of this and taking appropriate action. This is not going to be confined to just this and F1.

A possible scenario for the return of Grand Prix motocycle racing:
19. Juli: Jerez 1
26. Juli: Jerez 2
09. August: Brünn
16. August: Spielberg 1
23. August: Spielberg 2
06. September: Misano 1
13. September: Misano 2
27. September: Aragón 1
04. Oktober: Aragón 2
11. Oktober: Le Mans
25. Oktober: Barcelona-Catalunya
08. November: Valencia 1
15. November: Valencia 2

Le Mans isn't confirmed yet. Possibly we'll also see races at Buriram (Nov. 29) and Sepang (Dec. 6).
Mugello, Sachsenring, Assen, KymiRing, Silverstone, Philip Island and Motegi have been cancelled.
The races at COTA and Termas de Rio Hondo are very likely to be cancelled as well.

MotoGP came back with a wild ride.
Quartararo finally got his first win after starting from the pole once again.
Marquez took the lead early but dropped back to 16th when he nearly crashed and rode through the gravel trap. His day ended with a breathtaking highsider while battling for second (!) with Vinales.
Crutchlow and Rins both missed the race because of practice crashes.

Dovizioso gets the win one day after his departure from Ducati was announced.
4 manufacturers are pretty much on par this season but Honda isn't anywhere near the podium when Marquez is not in the field.
There were two terrible crashes, luckily no one was severely injured.

I have been out of MotoGP since the televised carriers changed about a decade ago.
Marquez was in his rookie season I think. So this has been my first year back since nbcsn
picked it up. This season has been shocking. It keeps me watching albeit with one eye
closed and holding my breath. I wish Rossi would go ahead and hang his helmet up.
Just dont want anything to happen to iconic racing royalty.

1598017323656.png

Hilarious ! Moto3 combatants playing footsie on the warm up lap.
Then one rider brilliantly hits his foes kill switch at .30 on the vid.
Now thats funny, well except for one rider. He could not restart the bike.

Sorry the video link would not work. go look for it on youtube.

Found it - lets see if this works. It was from 5 years ago' I thought it was this weekend.
Grrrrrrrr. still did not work. well forget the link." Fenati and Ajo" on youtube.

I'm loving it. Three first-time winners in the first five races, a new manufacturer making its presence known at the front, and the best part is that we are likely to see a very intense battle between four manufacturers and quite possibly a few more new winners - some of whom could repeat (a few more times!) before season's end.

Not to mention that the teams' standings is still being led by a non-factory team right now!

This season of motogp is truly a gift that keeps on giving . Goodness me oh my, what a finish!

The doctor was about to get his 200th podium but Joan Mir passed him on the last lap.
Franco Morbidelli becomes the fourth first time winner of this season and Francesco Bagnaia comes back from a leg injury to take his first podium.
Dovizioso is the new world championship leader!

After 9 races, 15 different riders have finished on the podium this year. Fantastic ride by Danilo Petrucci to get his 2nd win!

Unfortunately Rossi has crashed the third time in a row. He could easily be in the championship hunt right now.

Joe Roberts was on pole for the Moto2 race but they worked on his bike for too long so he had to start from behind the field.
Roberts made it all trhe way up to 6th, Sam Lowes got his first win since 2015 after Jake Dixon crashed out of the lead with 4 to go.

They need to re-think the graphic though.
1602424674004.png

The number of American GP riders will double next year as Cameron Beaubier joins the American Racing Moto2 team. Joe Roberts switches to Italtrans.

The 2021 MotoGP field is pretty much set now.

Repsol Honda - Marc Marquez/Pol Espargaro
LCR Honda - Alex Marquez/Takaaki Nakagami

Yamaha - Maverick Vinales/Fabio Quatararo
Petronas Yamaha - Franco Morbidelli/Valentino Rossi

Ducati - Jack Miller/Pecco Bagnaia
Pramac Ducati - Johann Zarco/Jorge Martin(R)
Avintia Ducati - Luca Marini(R) /Enea Bastianini(R)

Suzuki - Joan Mir/Alex Rins

KTM - Brad Binder/Miguel Oliveira
Tech3 KTM - Danilo Petrucci/Iker Lecuona

Aprilia - Alex Espargaro/TBA

Dovizioso and Crutchlow are free agents and I don't see any of them joining Aprilia.

There is a chance we get a winless champion this year. Joan Mir is now 14 points ahead of Quartararo.
Nakagami dominated the whole weekend but unfortunately crashed out of the lead on lap one, ending his streak of 10 consecutive Top 10 finishes since the start of the season

Back
Top Bottom