2020 Pennzoil 400 - Pre-Race Thread

I'm a little surprised to see that hauler has the generator for the trailer mounted on the truck. Most of the teams have gotten away from that and have opted to have them on the trailer. The weather looks a little damp in at their shop also. It sucks when you pull out of the shop with a nice clean rig and you know it will be dirty before you hit the interstate.

Last edited:
I'm a little surprised to see that hauler has the generator for the trailer mounted on the truck. Most of the teams have gotten away from that and have opted to have them on the trailer. The weather looks a little damp in at their shop also. It sucks when you pull out of the shop with a nice clean rig and you know it will be dirty before you hit the interstate.:(
I've been wondering how you were coping with not being behind the wheel? Probably not the greatest question to ask on a public forum, but in my case it got in my blood. So now I watch a couple of YouTuber truckers going down the road to get my fix now days.:D

I've been wondering how you were coping with not being behind the wheel? Probably not the greatest question to ask on a public forum, but in my case it got in my blood. So now I watch a couple of YouTuber truckers going down the road to get my fix now days.:D
Yesterday was the test when I went to the shop and went over some things with the new driver and then watched the hauler pull out of the shop and head out of site heading to Phoenix. But I kind of feel like I was still in the truck because I knew everything that was going on during his trip. I got a call from one of the other teams hauler driver that I use to run with and he said that he just got passed in western AZ by our hauler and then my replacement called me at the truck wash in Phoenix to ask me some questions and then again when he fueled and then twice at the track last night and then again this morning. I'm sure there will be a few more calls and texts before the week is over. I really haven't had the time yet to know how I'm going to cope not being out there... but it helps knowing that I have the option to pick any races I want to do and do them if I want.:)

ERQjhwaXYAAF2RF

Yesterday was the test when I went to the shop and went over some things with the new driver and then watched the hauler pull out of the shop and head out of site heading to Phoenix. But I kind of feel like I was still in the truck because I knew everything that was going on during his trip. I got a call from one of the other teams hauler driver that I use to run with and he said that he just got passed in western AZ by our hauler and then my replacement called me at the truck wash in Phoenix to ask me some questions and then again when he fueled and then twice at the track last night and then again this morning. I'm sure there will be a few more calls and texts before the week is over. I really haven't had the time yet to know how I'm going to cope not being out there... but it helps knowing that I have the option to pick any races I want to do and do them if I want.:)
you need to come to the march meet.

B-O-N-D-O body-shaping across the fleet (minus one)

Conspiracy of Crew Chiefs?
Independent Racing Operations executive decision?
Or Holy Joe authorizing the Cheat Plan like a crime boss hovering over a big spicy meatball while nodding to the hitman?

Are all those Gibbs' prayers about not getting caught?

#noluv4suarez

Leads me to believe they have been getting away with it for along time to have all 5 doctored up. Glad they caught.. whatever.

Leads me to believe they have been getting away with it for along time to have all 5 doctored up. Glad they caught.. whatever.
I dunno how long they've been doing it, but you'd think they'd try something dodgy on one car first. Maybe they figured if they all looked the same, NASCAR would just assume that's what a '20 Toyota was supposed to look like? :D Too bad the #96 didn't get the word. ;)

I dunno how long they've been doing it, but you'd think they'd try something dodgy on one car first. Maybe they figured if they all looked the same, NASCAR would just assume that's what a '20 Toyota was supposed to look like? :D Too bad the #96 didn't get the word. ;)
they said Nascar warned the teams at the end of last year they were going to start cracking down on it. Apparently Toyota didn't get the memo

What does the laser beam do when it hits body filler rather than sheet metal?

Doesn’t matter. The Hawkeye system uses cameras rather than lasers.

My conspiracy theory is NFG.

C’mon Kyle - throw a yellow 18 on there and go full Wonder Bread.

Shake ‘n Bake!’

I apparently don't really follow the packages they run, but it seems as if Vegas is another plate race. 1-30 is separated by a second and they are running in sort of a pack during practice.

Matt D in the Wood Bros 21 has been running with the big dogs all day. Another fast Ferd in the mix.

He was right up there at Daytona till he got taken out in the big one.

My favorite car back from the Richard Pearson days. Would love to see it near the top again.

He was right up there at Daytona till he got taken out in the big one.

My favorite car back from the Richard Pearson days. Would love to see it near the top again.
Yeah I think it is there, couldn't happen to a better bunch IMO.

Final Practice, Johnson at the top of the board. They look pretty racy to me. Bowman had the best 10, 15, 20th lap
upload_2020-2-21_19-34-46.png

Been saying it for years.

I think JHN's ceiling is a as high as any other rookie, I will stand by that as well.

Its only practice, but he's been a good shot in the arm for Front Row Motorsports so far.
How about my man Custer outrunning Bell both times?
Eh, lets not read into that too much right now. Give these guys some time to get adjusted.

Back
Top Bottom