2020 Pocono Doubleheader Pre Race Thread

Get That 88 Up There !!

Love United Hate Glazer
Going to go ahead and put this up because I won’t have time in the morning.
1592879780813.jpeg

Saturday Entry List : https://www.jayski.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/31/2020/06/22/2020-14cup-entry.pdf
Sunday Entry List : https://www.jayski.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/31/2020/06/22/2020-15cup-entry.pdf
Friday
ARCA - 6:00 PM (FS1)
Saturday
Truck - 12:30 PM (FS1)
Cup - 3:30 PM (FOX)
Sunday
Xfinity - 12:30 PM (FS1)
Cup - 4:00 PM (FS1)

What happens if someone DNFs on Saturday?

Probably be a good idea to bone up on what are the best broadcasting times available from the networks.
I can't figure out why all these scheduling and programming experts are wasting their time hanging out around here. I'm sure NASCAR and the networks would gladly hire people with their demonstrated skills. Join LinkedIn or Monster, post a few links back to discussions here, and try to keep the job offers from overloading their mailboxes.

EDIT: Just in case, :sarcasm:

I can't figure out why all these scheduling and programming experts are wasting their time hanging out around here. I'm sure NASCAR and the networks would gladly hire people with their demonstrated skills. Join LinkedIn or Monster, post a few links back to discussions here, and try to keep the job offers from overloading their mailboxes.

EDIT: Just in case, :sarcasm:

Can't, haven't pushed enough pencils or counted enough beans yet.

Love this track. Just watching the races from last year. This is the greatest expression of NASCAR. You have driving skill. You have engineering and set up. You have strategy. An interesting track.....Damn, I love this sport!!!!!!! And a damn double header!!!!! Hell yes! I have never been a big fan of shortening races, but I do think that this will make the racing better this weekend! Can't wait.

Pocono has always been a single lane bore fest for me. Not close to my top 5 list of tracks. Breaking it up into two smaller gulps might make it easier to stomach.

I hear you, but the track is so interesting, and watching these guys wheel it is so cool. Then...you have car set up and performance which is my thing. If we can get you some racing, we are going to have a winner! I do hear you though. In watching the replays, there isn't a flow to the races. Can't see who is great vs good. I like a race with a theme. Like Dega.....Did I want Jones to win? Hell yes! I would have taken it, but Blaney was the best, and I always like the best car winning. Always....but I am not opposed to cheap Toyota wins of course!

I hear you, but the track is so interesting, and watching these guys wheel it is so cool. Then...you have car set up and performance which is my thing. If we can get you some racing, we are going to have a winner! I do hear you though. In watching the replays, there isn't a flow to the races. Can't see who is great vs good. I like a race with a theme. Like Dega.....Did I want Jones to win? Hell yes! I would have taken it, but Blaney was the best, and I always like the best car winning. Always....but I am not opposed to cheap Toyota wins of course!
I'm going to try to keep an ear to the ground and pay attention to rumors or any construction road course news coming from Pocono. If Nascar is looking for more road courses, Pocono IMO could be in the running. Nascar has some control over how things can be there rather than having none at some of the other road courses they don't own or have influence at. Ya never know.

I'm going to try to keep an ear to the ground and pay attention to rumors or any construction road course news coming from Pocono. If Nascar is looking for more road courses, Pocono IMO could be in the running. Nascar has some control over how things can be there rather than having none at some of the other road courses they don't own or have influence at. Ya never know.
When this double-header was announced, I hoped one race would be on the triangle and the other would utilize parts of the infield. There's a lot of flexibility in how they could run it.

I might like to see that with one of the races, but not both. What I have grown to enjoy at road courses exists in that triangle. You taught me to appreciate road courses BTW....and now I love them. Killing me not to be in Sonoma this year. Killing me. Things will be very interesting in this respect with the Next Gen obviously.

They bringing two sets of cars?
They always have 2 cars, you'll roll out the backup like if you crashed in qualifying and start at the rear.

When this double-header was announced, I hoped one race would be on the triangle and the other would utilize parts of the infield. There's a lot of flexibility in how they could run it.
Yeah there were rumors flying around about the track owners considering that. Even without that, the ratings and attendance at Pocono hasn't been good. I look at why would you go to all of the trouble to have two shorter races instead of one long one...It's cheaper to try that than bring a race course up to the standard of Cup races.

I might like to see that with one of the races, but not both. What I have grown to enjoy at road courses exists in that triangle. You taught me to appreciate road courses BTW....and now I love them. Killing me not to be in Sonoma this year. Killing me. Things will be very interesting in this respect with the Next Gen obviously.
not me. I would like to see them incorporate part of the existing triangle into the road course similar to the Roval. They have a number of road course set ups at Pocono already and some of the layouts do that already I believe.

not me. I would like to see them incorporate part of the existing triangle into the road course similar to the Roval. They have a number of road course set ups at Pocono already and some of the layouts do that already I believe.

Absolutely any road course configuration would have to incorporate a part of the triangle IMO. Just give me at least one long straight please!

Poconos road courses wouldn't be any good, the only interesting thing is taking the tunnel turn backwards
Pocono-Road-Course-NASCAR-race.jpg

Spoiled brats we are.

Five races in three days, six if you include ARCA will be at Utah Motorsports Park on Saturday.

I see with a couple of modifications to the existing courses a much larger course could be blended.
From something I saw before they would run it backwards like the Indy course follow the red up to the tunnel turn then I think there may be a chicane but other then that it's back around to start finish.

From something I saw before they would run it backwards like the Indy course follow the red up to the tunnel turn then I think there may be a chicane but other then that it's back around to start finish.
I haven't seen anything myself. But as large an area that is available for a road course, there are a whole lot of possibilities.

I recall also reading about possibly using the portions colored red and blue on this map.

EDIT: what the Hell, run 'em out the tunnel.

They always have 2 cars, you'll roll out the backup like if you crashed in qualifying and start at the rear.
I've been wrong before, I'm used to it, but I'm pretty sure the teams have only been bringing one car since they started racing again after the shutdown. Since there has been no practice or qualify, there has been no possibility of crashing before the race, so only one car has been needed until this weekend.

I've been wrong before, I'm used to it, but I'm pretty sure the teams have only been bringing one car since they started racing again after the shutdown. Since there has been no practice or qualify, there has been no possibility of crashing before the race, so only one car has been needed until this weekend.
yeah, they are doing single car qualifying this weekend, supposed to run the same car both races, but they can work on it and also freshen the motor between races.

do the drivers still shift on the tricky triangle?

depends on what rear end ratio Nascar picks. They have been trying to take the shifting out of it for some odd reason only they seem to know.

DAMN. I loved seeing them shift besides for restarts, etc.

depends on what rear end ratio Nascar picks. They have been trying to take the shifting out of it for some odd reason only they seem to know.
I'd love an explanation on why NASCAR wants to remove a driver's option from competition. Geez, come the 2022 model, it's going to be easier to shift than ever.

Looking forward to good racing and (hopefully) good weather.

The more racing the better and the tricky triangle is one of my favorite tracks. Three turns, each based on a different track.

Yee haw!!

If this were a "normal" year, I think the teams would probably bring up to 4 cars, two for the oval and two for the road course. It would be very interesting to see what a schedule of events would look like to run the two different tracks the same weekend.

This one will have a different type of "Flo"....I'll see myself out.

Ah yes. The 2.5 mile short track.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom