2020 Pocono Doubleheader Pre Race Thread

I'm afraid the weather has really handicapped nascar's opportunity to capitalize right now. How many people who aren't already emotionally invested in the sport are going to keep coming back to watch rain delays? There's nothing you can do to control the weather but dang, the pernicious effects of this weather have to be causing nascar's head brass to beat there heads against the wall.
can't do much about the weather, It was the weather that put Nascar on the map in the first place..a fist fight didn't hurt it either.

Might sit in front of the TV this weekend with your permission.
Isn't Victory Junction a Petty Charity? Can't be paying much as a sponsor.
A donation from the founder of WWT to the Victory Junction Foundation to advertise on the car.

So World Wide Technology is still paying for sponsorship.

I hope it rains out both days. I don't care that much for Pocono and NASCAR needs a kick in the ass to stop starting races so late on summer days.

I hope it rains out both days. I don't care that much for Pocono and NASCAR needs a kick in the ass to stop starting races so late on summer days.
Todays forecast looks best in the afternoon and evening. Morning looks like a washout.

1593260627270.png

Today's race is getting in.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So if NASCAR and Fox originally planned to re-air the Saturday Cup race on Sunday at 9:30am and to run the live Xfinity race at 12:30pm...

Doesn’t that mean they could have had the media plan to run the Xfinity race at 9:30am and the Cup race at 12:30pm on Sunday?

So if NASCAR and Fox originally planned to re-air the Saturday Cup race on Sunday at 9:30am and to run the live Xfinity race at 12:30pm...

Doesn’t that mean they could have had the media plan to run the Xfinity race at 9:30am and the Cup race at 12:30pm on Sunday?
Lolllololol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Anyone else want to consider my idea for waterproof tarps that roll out from inside the wall or tucked behind the wall and anchor to points on the apron?

Baseball has been rolling tarps out for decades to protect the clay. A track tarp would not prevent the track from seeing rain but the drying process would be far quicker.

Anyone else want to consider my idea for waterproof tarps that roll out from inside the wall or tucked behind the wall and anchor to points on the apron?

Baseball has been rolling tarps out for decades to protect the clay. A track tarp would not prevent the track from seeing rain but the drying process would be far quicker.

I understand the spirit of the plan but I’m trying to calculate not only the square footage of the tarps needed to do it compared to baseball infields but also how big the necessary army of people and heavy equip. to pull it out would be.

I think there comes a point where waiting for the rain to end and drying the track ASAP is maybe the extent of the lengths they’re prepared to travel.

So the PGA tour would have got rained out today, but they moved tee times up 4 hours. CBS and the PGA tour seems to realize some golf was better than no golf

So the PGA tour would have got rained out today, but they moved tee times up 4 hours. CBS and the PGA tour seems to realize some golf was better than no golf

Yeah and they start the golf on Golf Channel so they don’t disturb the few thousand who want to watch pro ladies soccer on CBS. At 3pm EDT CBS takes over.

Everyone wins.

Just a guess, but CBS may have the option to switch to the Korn Ferry tour, so they may have live golf regardless.

The Golf Channel doesn't have to work around local affiliates and their portions of the day.

EDIT: and hasn't it been raining in Pocono most of the day?

Last edited:
Just a guess, but CBS may have the option to switch to the Korn Ferry tour, so they may have live golf regardless.

The Golf Channel doesn't have to work around local affiliates and their portions of the day.

EDIT: and hasn't it been raining in Pocono most of the day?
I'm not really talking about this particular day. I'm just saying in general it's something the PGA does all the time. Obviously it wouldn't have helped today, but many times it would have.

Is Racehub gonna go the whole show without mentioning the weather again to keep people tuned in?

Back
Top Bottom