2020 Pocono Doubleheader Pre Race Thread

If I'm not mistaken, even though NASCAR has been plagued with a tremendous amount of rain this year I think that NASCAR has gotten all of their races in on the scheduled day except maybe 2, and they finished them the next day. I think they have done a pretty good job despite the tremendous amount of rain they have had and I don't have any complaints.

It will start raining at 4:19
This first delay allowed me the time to fix and eat a delicious bowl of chocolate ice cream, and the next one will allow me the time to make a sandwich...but, if there is a 3rd one I guess I will have a bowl of hot buttered popcorn. When the world gives me lemons I make a lemon cake...because I don't like lemonade. :D

This first delay allowed me the time to fix and eat a delicious bowl of chocolate ice cream, and the next one will allow me the time to make a sandwich...but, if there is a 3rd one I guess I will have a bowl of hot buttered popcorn. When the world gives me lemons I make a lemon cake...because I don't like lemonade. :D
Lemon squares are the best cookie on a hot summer day.

You'd think they would cut this recorded crap and go back live if we're only 10 mins out
I would rather they just stay live during rain delays and show more behind the scenes and interview more drivers and crew chiefs.

I would rather they just stay live during rain delays and show more behind the scenes and interview more drivers and crew chiefs.
NBC does that, they don't rush to filler as quickly .

That was a cringe start your engines command.

IDK seems like the more they hype a track, the better the odds of that track producing a yawner.

Did Larry Mac say there was a cup practice today? Coulda swore I heard him talking about that when he was hyping up Kyle Busch for today's race.

Yeah Kyle's excuse for his less than stellar performance has been they aren't getting any practice. It's always something.

I live about 45 minutes north of track. The track is located in a very rural area of the Poconos. As you get close to the NJ boarder the Poconos basically become part of metro NYC and the population increases significantly. If you go a little south you hit the Lehigh Valley and the northern edge of suburban Philly. Location is why Pocono sells better than nearly every track and why NASCAR won't be leaving anytime soon.

There were epic tails of getting in and out of Pocono in the 80's in through the late 90's before the state started helping out. It was literally one late in and one way out with zero traffic control.

Back
Top Bottom