2020 Pocono Doubleheader Pre Race Thread

Has there ever been any discussion on changing the way stages are handled at Pocono and the road courses? I find it difficult to get into the race with all the different strategies that are created . It's really hard to figure out who the fast cars actually are and whether or not the battle for the lead is actually significant or not. Stage pts vs track position etc.
I was bored with it yesterday and it didn't bother me to go out to eat instead of continue watching the race. I walked back into the house just after the 4 took the flag. I have no idea how they got to the lead , did they play the strategy right or did Kevin drive to the front?

Has there ever been any discussion on changing the way stages are handled at Pocono and the road courses? I find it difficult to get into the race with all the different strategies that are created . It's really hard to figure out who the fast cars actually are and whether or not the battle for the lead is actually significant or not. Stage pts vs track position etc.
I was bored with it yesterday and it didn't bother me to go out to eat instead of continue watching the race. I walked back into the house just after the 4 took the flag. I have no idea how they got to the lead , did they play the strategy right or did Kevin drive to the front?

He fell all the way back to 19h at one point (before the pit stops). He simply adjusted better than everyone and closed the deal.

So why do we say that Pocono has 3 turns when, if we used the same way of counting turns at every other track, Pocono would really have 6 turns.

So why do we say that Pocono has 3 turns when, if we used the same way of counting turns at every other track, Pocono would really have 6 turns.
The real question is, why don't we say most other tracks have 2? And why don't we count the doglegs at tri- and quad-ovals?

"Tradition." :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom