2020 Spring/Summer Weather thread

89° today in Charleston

31948ffc461e5d4f36206bd50df59c65.jpg

Good day to apply lawn fertilizer, as it will rain pretty steady tonight. Dethatch, bag & plug at the same time, then fertilize. This setup makes quick work of it..
20200328_153640.jpg

Not my picture, but pretty cool shot of Seattle being hit with hail.

C43-D97-AE-8-BA6-4-FFF-9-ADC-CD37-DCCFA001.jpg

Mid 90s yesterday. Hit 91* just before 2 PM --- then all hell broke loose for about 20 minutes. Extremely high winds, rain coming down sideways. Temp dropped to 63, but has come up to 73. Just over 1/2 inch in the rain gauge in that 20 minutes --- it was probably more than that, but my gauge is somewhat sheltered by trees and the house. Weather came from NW, gauge is on the SE side. Some places close to me got well over an inch, some didn't get anything.
The storm did the bump and run. LOL

Weather alert woke me at 4 AM --- Thunderstorm watch. Went off again at 4:30 --- upped to a Warning.
By 5, under Tornado WARNING. Heavy, heavy rain with lots of lightning, but very little wind.
All over by 5:45. There was a tornado touchdown about 15 miles south of me.

When I woke up, the sun was shining and not a cloud in the sky. A warm, very breezy 83* right now. Just gorgeous.

Gonna be a bad weather evening for all of Southern Mississippi. The first tornado was just confirmed on the ground a couple counties southwest of me, described as “very large and violent”. Currently headed my way but looks like it will pass just south of me, at least hopefully it will.

Gonna be a bad weather evening for all of Southern Mississippi. The first tornado was just confirmed on the ground a couple counties southwest of me, described as “very large and violent”. Currently headed my way but looks like it will pass just south of me, at least hopefully it will.

Looks bad. They've got emergency warnings and PDS watches up everywhere.

Well, my new car had it's first encounter with hail today. It sounded a lot worse than it looks. Just a bunch of tiny dents. Not even sure it's worth a visit to the shop.

I now live in the middle of a lake.

Been raining since Sunday afternoon when Tropical Storm Arthur got here. Rained into Monday afternoon, then began raining again Tuesday morning and been going since. 6 inches of rain from Arthur, 4 inches from this storm so far, and another 3-5 inches expected through Saturday morning.

I now live in the middle of a lake.

Been raining since Sunday afternoon when Tropical Storm Arthur got here. Rained into Monday afternoon, then began raining again Tuesday morning and been going since. 6 inches of rain from Arthur, 4 inches from this storm so far, and another 3-5 inches expected through Saturday morning.
I love rainy days but that's a little to many.

With the exception of all the rain, the weather has been fantastic this year. It's been in the 60s the past few days and long term shows temperatures staying in the 70s and low 80s.

Nice change of pace from the past couple years when it was in the upper 90s from April through October.

The rain tonight was biblical. Flooding is the craziest I've ever seen. Literally went for a swim in the infield at the racetrack across the street. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom