2020 Xfinity Series News

Very good of Jeff Green. He was my favorite Busch driver long ago.

upload_2020-2-15_20-26-8.png

upload_2020-2-15_20-26-16.png

I'm not going to back scroll thru umteen pages in the silly season, but the RCR 21 car is the all star car and is run with part timers including cowboy hat. I didn't see Bamber on the roster. It could change with the right amount of coin though I bet.

I don’t know if they’ve announced which races Grala will drive yet. Kaz is formidable on road courses himself so it’d be kinda surprising not to see him get those but if Bamber’s name is on the hauler...:idunno:

Would be a really interesting ringer signing for sure though. Most “ringers” that get hired anymore are washed up or were just not all that reputable to begin with.

I don’t know if they’ve announced which races Grala will drive yet. Kaz is formidable on road courses himself so it’d be kinda surprising not to see him get those but if Bamber’s name is on the hauler...:idunno:

Would be a really interesting ringer signing for sure though. Most “ringers” that get hired anymore are washed up or were just not all that reputable to begin with.
Lally washed!?

The disrespect, the unmitigated gall, and blasphemous statement you're making.:D

Bamber is no slouch, everything sports cars wise, he's won in. Bathurst winner, 24 hour of LeMans winner. He would be fun to watch at Road America or Mid-Ohio.

I had never heard of him until now

Lally washed!?

The disrespect, the unmitigated gall, and blasphemous statement you're making.:D

Bamber is no slouch, everything sports cars wise, he's won in. Bathurst winner, 24 hour of LeMans winner. He would be fun to watch at Road America or Mid-Ohio.

yeah he has a pretty good record, you can't be a dog and on the factory Porsche team. One thing that gets all of them. Driving a Porsche and driving a tank like Xfinity car in a race full of Nascar drivers are two entirely different things.:D

yeah he has a pretty good record, you can't be a dog and on the factory Porsche team. One thing that gets all of them. Driving a Porsche and driving a tank like Xfinity car in a race full of Nascar drivers are two entirely different things.:D
Katherine found that out last year at Road America and Mid-Ohio.

Katherine found that out last year at Road America and Mid-Ohio.
yeah if it isn't tough enough to drive the car wheel hopping instead of braking hard with a solid axle on the rear, go out there with a bunch of Nascar drivers who know every trick in the book. Guarantee if he does well he is doing something. Should be fun to watch if he does get to race.

Why doesn't Nascar make policy where they can start a race 1 hour early when rain is in the area? When tickets are sold, make sure buyers are told "get to the track one hour before the normal starting time to make sure you see the start." Media is told, "the race may start 1 hour early if there's in-climate weather in the area", so be prepared. Today, they wasted about an hour where they could have been racing and maybe gotten to the half way point.

Why doesn't Nascar make policy where they can start a race 1 hour early when rain is in the area? When tickets are sold, make sure buyers are told "get to the track one hour before the normal starting time to make sure you see the start." Media is told, "the race may start 1 hour early if there's in-climate weather in the area", so be prepared. Today, they wasted about an hour where they could have been racing and maybe gotten to the half way point.

No, no, no terrible idea. I'm guessing one of the many reasons they don't do it because that would really suck for people who drive 5-7 hour to a "local" Nascar race like we do. You ever planned a trip to a "local" race like that? There's a half a dozen of them local to me and we go to several of them and I would be pissed if they started early on such short notice. We wouldn't have time for anything pre-race and barely do as it is. Just another perspective you might not have thought of watching from the comfort of home. It costs several hundred dollars to attend these events... on the cheap...

No, no, no terrible idea. I'm guessing one of the many reasons they don't do it because that would really suck for people who drive 5-7 hour to a "local" Nascar race like we do. You ever planned a trip to a "local" race like that? There's a half a dozen of them local to me and we go to several of them and I would be pissed if they started early on such short notice. We wouldn't have time for anything pre-race and barely do as it is. Just another perspective you might not have thought of watching from the comfort of home. It costs several hundred dollars to attend these events... on the cheap...
So you drive 5 to 7 hours to a race and get there right at the scheduled start time? And then it rains and it's rescheduled for the next day because they fell short of an official race. That's better than leaving one hour early?

So you would rather watch the pre-race than actual racing? In my 60 years of attending races, I never felt the pre-race was that important.

So you drive 5 to 7 hours to a race and get there right at the scheduled start time? And then it rains and it's rescheduled for the next day because they fell short of an official race. That's better than leaving one hour early?

So you would rather watch the pre-race than actual racing? In my 60 years of attending races, I never felt the pre-race was that important.

Yep, we do that. I'm a trucker by trade and that's how we roll. But obviously you dont know how the rain out policy works? We got rained out last fall Talladega which is a 3 hour drive from the house. We got free tickets to any ISC event after that event, if tickets were available, or in 2020.

I drive 5 hours to Bristol and Kentucky and we get there with about an 1.5 hrs to spare walking around and buying t-shirts or hoodies. Yeah it would suck to be hurried to our seats and miss the start because somebody like you who won't support nascar by attending the event wants to see it from your lazy boy an hour early. If I get rained out I get "free" tickets to another event in which I will likely spend even more money to attend. You're pretty much a free loader wanting something for nothing.

It sucks having to decide about a hotel room and then planning that out on something so close to the house. You're borderline having to do that not just once but twice when you're 5-7 hours out from a track. And then add onto that the possibility of a race starting an hour early on what is already about an 18 hour day... You do what it takes because you enjoy the sport but to sacrifice fans that actually spend money versus those that sit at the house...

Weather forecasts are great. Planning is a great tool ,that , for some, is under utilized.
We've done races that involved lengthy journeys, and experiencing the atmosphere of a facility is , for us, just one part of the race event. Weather, road work, day vs. night travel are just some variables that common sense helps in deciding. Always leaving the following day open for weather has always been in our itinerary. I guess , proper planning on our part has always ensured great times for ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom