2020 Xfinity Series News

Same time and place round #2

1594383470505.png

That's kinda hard to believe, you would think they would have at least dinged them on some covid-19 social distancing thing. I'm actually surprised (pleasantly) that the media hadn't taken nascar to task for allowing 2 guys to be wrestling around while a whole group of crew guys gathering around

From Jayski

Kentucky post-race penalties announced

July 14, 2020 at 3:41 PM

NASCAR issued penalties Tuesday to two Xfinity Series teams and three Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series teams for infractions during last week’s events at Kentucky Speedway, including a behavioral penalty for a violation of COVID-19 safety protocols.

Tony Clements, head of the family-owned No. 51 Jeremy Clements Racing team, was fined $10,000 for his actions last weekend. NASCAR’s penalty report noted that the elder Clements was cited for "non-compliance with essential personnel/team event roster rules." Those violations fall under Section 12.8.1.b. relating to COVID-19 event protocol guidelines and instructions, and Section 7.7.2.j., which concerns team event roster rules and guidelines.

Also in the Xfinity Series, the No. 18 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota team was penalized for having one lug nut not safely secured in a post-race check after Friday’s race. Crew chief Dave Rogers, who is guiding rookie Riley Herbst, was fined $5,000.

One the Gander Trucks side, three teams were tagged with L1-level penalties for triangular filler panels near the bed cover that did not meet NASCAR rule specifications (Section 20.41.12.2) at Kentucky. Each team was docked 10 points in both the drivers’ and team owners’ standings.
Those teams are:

• The No. 13 ThorSport Racing Ford for driver Johnny Sauter

• The No. 19 McAnally-Hilgemann Racing Toyota for driver Derek Kraus

• The No. 99 ThorSport Racing Ford for driver Ben Rhodes

Let er rip Gragson

JR Motorsports announced Tuesday that sponsors Bass Pro Shops, TrueTimber Camo and Black Rifle Coffee Company will extend their partnership on Noah Gragson‘s car for an additional 16 races this Xfinity season.

Let er rip Gragson

JR Motorsports announced Tuesday that sponsors Bass Pro Shops, TrueTimber Camo and Black Rifle Coffee Company will extend their partnership on Noah Gragson‘s car for an additional 16 races this Xfinity season.

Ernie Irv-, I mean Noah Gragson is getting funding for the rest of the season.

I've tried BRCC and I like it, might need to buy some more.

Does Jr stay in xfinity because of $$$ or is there another reason? I actually thought it would be cool to see him run a cup car.
Pretty sure it's by preference. He can pull on a lot of Hendrick resources by acting as their developmental team. If he moves up, he might have an alliance but would have to do more heavy lifting for himself.

Well go on with your bad self Earl.
IMSA champ...quality ringer. Childress is breaking out the 21 car.
Earl Bamber to make NASCAR debut on Daytona RC with Childress

Bamber is the reigning WeatherTech SportsCar GTLM champion; driving for Porsche GT Team, he scored three wins and four additional podiums in 2019. After the first three races of the 2020 season, he and co-driver Laurens Vanthoor sit second in the standings with podiums in each event. The New Zealander has also achieved success in sports cars outside of North America, including winning the FIA World Endurance Championship in 2017 and the overall 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2015 and 2017.
1596239578483.png

Back
Top Bottom