2021 Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix

The reds are horrible here. No grip at all after two or three laps, definitely not going to last a full fuel run. Wild start.

Can't believe that Newgarden's crew failed to tighten a lug to start the race.

Will be interesting to see how the Dixon team plans his red stint, but I think he's gained too much time to be overcome unless there is a full course yellow.

Wow I thought that was Dixon buried on the tires. Brake failure?

Wow. Of course I should have known there would be a yellow, but wasn't expecting that.

Hope he will be okay. Huge hit.

Bad spot for a stuck throttle, good lord. Hope he's okay. Almost launched out of the track.

It's going to be a long yellow or red to repair those barriers.

I know this is a super tight TV window and NBC has some influence on this, but with that much equipment and attention needed out there it should've been red flagged a couple of laps earlier.

It's actually better that the barriers gave way and absorbed some of that impact. Really hoping that whatever happened to his lower extremities is less severe.

So are they just going to burn laps now on this yellow?

These red tires are ****. Whoever thought of bringing 4 lap tires to a race?

I have no idea how Power, Pagenaud, and Ferrucci all stretched the reds for 20+ laps on the first stint when it was hotter and slicker.

Dixon having to do the same **** as the 500. Probably not eve meeting minimum speed on track.

Back
Top Bottom