2021 Firestone Grand Prix of Monterey

And what do these announcers think will happen when O’Ward gets within a second of the lead group? He’ll just get trapped too.
I don’t think he’ll come anywhere close to them honestly. But if he does he might be more aggressive. I think Herta and Palou aren’t forcing the issue in part because they have so much cushion behind them and still another stop to make after which they might have lapped these guys.

Grosjean put on a great show during the last laps. I thought he wrecked his car and Johnson's car but they both kept going. The commentators noticed he was running in the middle of the corners instead of cutting the corners at the apex. I recall he did a similar display on an oval but he used up that car and finished back in the pack. It looks like he is having fun learning the capabilities of Indycars.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm now looking forward to Jimmie Johnson's 2022 IndyCar campaign and continuing progress.
I can't go this far. I'd prefer to see JJ/48 quietly bow out of racing to stop the embarrassment. I've never liked celebrity racer deals. By that I mean guys who are there based on what they used to be, trundling around at the back, searching for a tiny kernel of what used to be, while basking in the spotlight of residual fame. Just my opinion... I know many of y'all disagree.

I agree with everyone saying Laguna Seca was a good race. One of the better IndyCar races of the year IMO, and a pleasant surprise versus the follow-the-leader parade I feared it might be. Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom