2021 NASCAR video game by Motorsport Games

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
Some notes of interest:

Motorsport Games has confirmed a new NASCAR game will be ready for 2021, and it will not be a continuation of the Heat series. NASCAR 21 will represent a fresh start for NASCAR simulations from Motorsport Games and will be powered by Unreal Engine and Studio 397’s acclaimed rFactor 2 physics.

“One of the biggest things that fans have been asking for is more customisation,” says Holmquist. “We’ve always had the ability to make a custom car and stuff like that, but we really spent a lot of time bringing a legitimate paint booth to the game. I think this will be one that fans are going to be very excited for. It’s turned out really well. We spent a lot of dev resources on here. We’ve already created a lot of cool schemes, just testing the paint booth right now.”

“It’s very important for us to ensure this game is of a quality our users expect, and it’s a step up from the Heat franchise.”

rFactor physics gave me hope, but I will wait for reviews. I hate games coming out at the end of a season to begin with, and after buying a gaming PC, I simply can't go back to console racing. It's going to take A LOT to win me over since I've been iRacing. (well, maybe having an actual shot at winning in the NASCAR game against AI may help.)

Because the second paragraph made it seem like the creator was most excited about “the paint booth” aspect.

2 posters have since posted positively about rFactor so I was probably wrong in my inertial reaction.
The paint booth and car customization as been a huge fan request ever since EA let go of the brand. Seeing a dev take it seriously is a refresher and a selling point.

They cant be worse than the Heat games right? I'll hold my hope out for that. It's really sad NASCAR Thunder 04 is still the undisputed GOAT of NASCAR racing games. ( I dont IRace so I wouldnt know about that)

I wonder if it will still have Xfinity etc since switching to new engine and physics for the first time. Could that be part of dropping he Heat name/series for the rebuild, kind of like their first Heat game this go around?

Last edited:
What is the release date? No announcement yet?
If I understood the article correctly, it’s slated for a 2021 release but the date isn’t set yet. The game has been under development for over a year now IIRC so a ~Christmas release wouldn’t surprise me.

If I understood the article correctly, it’s slated for a 2021 release but the date isn’t set yet. The game has been under development for over a year now IIRC so a ~Christmas release wouldn’t surprise me.

I don't understand why they wouldn't wait until Feb. '22 and release the game with the Gen7 car and 2022 schedule? It has never made sense to me that NASCAR games are released towards the end of the season. Maybe it's not a big deal now with DLC updates, but every other sports game is released a month or two before the upcoming season because the timing makes sense.

I only hope that this release is as good as my imagination allows it to be. If not, it'll be another in a long list of disappointing Nascar based sims/games.

This company is also making an Indycar game

This news seriously just made my day
1626351600203.gif

This company is also making an Indycar game

RIP wallet. This is outstanding. I haven’t been into gaming for years because the only games I invested into were racing games, and iRacing is just too much. Now that it looks like there will be quality games outside of Forza and Project Cars, I’ll need to reallocate some funds...

Great news on Indy Car game. There's two purchases in iRacing that I regretted: The Super Late Model and the Indy Car. Both are damn near undrivable and the ones who do race them well are almost aliens. With this, I'll get a chance to race a realistic Indy Car with little to no pressure.

I got F1 2021 for PC last night, and it's another home run of a racing title. I truly hope NASCAR can get something at least in the same ball park as the Codemasters' F1 series soon.

every other sports game is released a month or two before the upcoming season because the timing makes sense.
FIFA and Madden are released in October and August because even if their seasons start around then, it’s perfect timing to take advantage of holiday shopping.

A NASCAR game released near the same time will be much better off than in January or February.

fool me once...
done with gaming,
maybe even done with all nascar bs,
lets see how the new car turns out.

If they want a high quality nascar game with realistic game play feel, hire a group of feedback consultants from this thread... not joking.

Nah Thunder 04 is my goat. It’s got so many little details I enjoy
Understandable on that part. Physics and AI wise though D2D won't ever be beat (IMO). That being said I look forward to the r Factor physics if they can nail the AI we might have a good one our hands

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Negative... console wise Dirt to Daytona will forever be the GOAT

I think this is more nostalgic than reality. The new Heat games are done by the same people who made DTD and the first three games are basically DTD physics and audio with updated car designs, and those games are trash.

It’s passed time for a new standard to be set for what a modern NASCAR console game should be.

I think this is more nostalgic than reality. The new Heat games are done by the same people who made DTD and the first three games are basically DTD physics and audio with updated car designs, and those games are trash.

It’s passed time for a new standard to be set for what a modern NASCAR console game should be.
Have you ever played D2D? They are nothing alike.

I can't remember the last time I said this about a NASCAR title, but this game has potential.

Just wish iRacing would make a NASCAR only version. Granted that it'd be extremely difficult for the average gamer, the authenticity would be unreal. If you can run Flight Sim on an Xbox, you could run this

Just wish iRacing would make a NASCAR only version. Granted that it'd be extremely difficult for the average gamer, the authenticity would be unreal. If you can run Flight Sim on an Xbox, you could run this
I can't imagine running iRacing on a controller. It's hard enough with a good wheel!

Back
Top Bottom