2021 NASCAR video game by Motorsport Games

Well it looks pretty, but they didn't show much actual racing action and there were no damage physics in that crash.
Yeah, it’s just a reveal trailer and is basically an announcement for pre-orders. IMO still looks better than Heat on a graphics level and I’ll wait for a gameplay trailer to judge gameplay.

Some things to note: you can play the game 2 days earlier with a pre order, it’s only Cup series, and a brand new paint booth with “unparalleled” customization options.

Do you only play sports games during the seasons?
Precisely my thought. A SOLID 90% of sports gamers I know, myself included, reserve sports games for their respective off-seasons to help pass the time. This is pretty close to an ideal release date but would prefer it release late September when the Chase drives people away from watching the races.

Precisely my thought. A SOLID 90% of sports gamers I know, myself included, reserve sports games for their respective off-seasons to help pass the time. This is pretty close to an ideal release date but would prefer it release late September when the Chase drives people away from watching the races.
Madden releases in the fall. FIFA releases in the fall. 2k releases in the fall. NASCAR will do just fine releasing in the fall as well.

Madden releases in the fall. FIFA releases in the fall. 2k releases in the fall. NASCAR will do just fine releasing in the fall as well.
I agree wholeheartedly. My point was mainly that Madden would be best off releasing in January, NBA in May, MLB in September, NASCAR in September, etc. Release the games around the time when the playoffs start so that fans of teams/drivers who didn't make the playoffs have something to do until the next season starts, and then once playoffs finish there will be an adequate patch (or 5) released so everyone can have fun playing.

I agree wholeheartedly. My point was mainly that Madden would be best off releasing in January, NBA in May, MLB in September, NASCAR in September, etc. Release the games around the time when the playoffs start so that fans of teams/drivers who didn't make the playoffs have something to do until the next season starts, and then once playoffs finish there will be an adequate patch (or 5) released so everyone can have fun playing.
I’ve seen some rumblings of a free DLC to update the cars to the Next Gen cars by the 2022 season since the game is being released so late into the 2021 season, but we’ll see.

The physics model for the cars already looks on point just from the reveal trailer. I’m excited to see how the cars feel on a controller & on a wheel set up.

I’ve seen some rumblings of a free DLC to update the cars to the Next Gen cars by the 2022 season since the game is being released so late into the 2021 season, but we’ll see.

The physics model for the cars already looks on point just from the reveal trailer. I’m excited to see how the cars feel on a controller & on a wheel set up.
If they update it in a reasonable time for free, that changes my whole attitude on it. It's just hard to see myself putting iRacing down to pick up a console racer. I have tasted the milk and honey and become corrupted. 🤣

I’m not sold. The trailer the cars appeared to be in a train going around the track. If the AI sucks the game will suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sold. The trailer the cars appeared to be in a train going around the track. If the AI sucks the game will suck

It wasn't a gameplay trailer. The entire purpose of this trailer was to show off graphics (which won't be as good in game) and new presentation features.

It’s just a reveal trailer and is basically just extra footage to announce that preorders are open. The physics of the cars looked excellent in the crash scenes and the scenes where the cars are approaching head on. The cars aren’t floating, unlike in the Heat games. I’d wait for the final gameplay trailer before trashing how the AI work.

It’s just a reveal trailer and is basically just extra footage to announce that preorders are open. The physics of the cars looked excellent in the crash scenes and the scenes where the cars are approaching head on. The cars aren’t floating, unlike in the Heat games. I’d wait for the final gameplay trailer before trashing how the AI work.
I didn't trash anything I just said I'm not sold. Notice how nothing had been mentioned about the AI

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I agree wholeheartedly. My point was mainly that Madden would be best off releasing in January, NBA in May, MLB in September, NASCAR in September, etc.

The reason most video games are released in the fall is straightforward. It would be absolute lunacy to release a yearly series in January.

16211.png

The three most popular sports games are released in the summer. NCAA Football (back when it was made) was always in July, Madden and NBA 2K are always in August. The sales trends revolve around games that aren't tied to a current season, so obviously the other (non-sports) big name games will be released during the holiday season in late fall and early winter. That doesn't stop the sports games from being some of the best selling titles annually, year in and year out.

With the DLC updates now it's not a big deal, but otherwise you would be playing a brand new NASCAR game that is already outdated from day one.

The three most popular sports games are released in the summer. NCAA Football (back when it was made) was always in July, Madden and NBA 2K are always in August. The sales trends revolve around games that aren't tied to a current season, so obviously the other (non-sports) big name games will be released during the holiday season in late fall and early winter. That doesn't stop the sports games from being some of the best selling titles annually, year in and year out.

With the DLC updates now it's not a big deal, but otherwise you would be playing a brand new NASCAR game that is already outdated from day one.

Looks like NBA2K21 was September 4 and NBA2K22 is September 10, but those are good points. Madden is one of the few sports titles where the timing is clearly about coinciding with the run-up to the NFL season. However, the holiday explosion in video game sales is still a major factor. For instance, the F1 games are timed to be released in July, which is nearer the end of the season than the beginning. That's because the game would be perceived as too old and ready for the bargain bin during the heaviest sales time of the year if it came out in February or March.

Pros that I see so far:

Graphics look good. I see air temp, wind direction etc. rather or not this has affect race in and race out will wait to be seen.

Cons:

AI appear to be running on rails. Camera angles appear to be zoomed in and not what we will be seeing. Also on the set up screen I hope we have in depth set ups and Not just sliders.

Looking toward to the next release

Preorder is up on xbox store. There's two versions, the standard and a "Legends" edition with Bill Elliott on cover. That comes with a current Mustang decked out in the Melling livery that Bill won his first race in, plus (2 or 3, can't recall) other "Legend" drivers unnamed. The Legendary also has season pass for paint job DLC, which is really crummy in my opinion. The season is practically over, and you're going to sell paint jobs that ran earlier as DLC? Come on, man. Definitely watching this one with a leery eye.

Edit: Sorry, it's Champion Edition

Preorder is up on xbox store. There's two versions, the standard and a "Legends" edition with Bill Elliott on cover. That comes with a current Mustang decked out in the Melling livery that Bill won his first race in, plus (2 or 3, can't recall) other "Legend" drivers unnamed. The Legendary also has season pass for paint job DLC, which is really crummy in my opinion. The season is practically over, and you're going to sell paint jobs that ran earlier as DLC? Come on, man. Definitely watching this one with a leery eye.

Edit: Sorry, it's Champion Edition
Old man rant: I remember a time when all the paint schemes for that season, even previous special paint schemes ran from a season or two before came included in the game.

The season is practically over, and you're going to sell paint jobs that ran earlier as DLC?
Hey my favorite paint scheme to run in the NASCAR Thunder games were old Gordon schemes. I wore out the Looney Tunes and silver Coke 600 schemes. Period correct schemes don’t necessarily matter to me.

Old man rant: I remember a time when all the paint schemes for that season, even previous special paint schemes ran from a season or two before came included in the game.
I remember a time when you paid $60 for a game that was already complete. You could get months or years of fun without a single DLC because the developers finished the game prior to launch.

Now every game is a perpetual cash grab. Pretty much the reason I got out of gaming except for certain titles that I play on rainy days.

I remember a time when you paid $60 for a game that was already complete. You could get months or years of fun without a single DLC because the developers finished the game prior to launch.

Now every game is a perpetual cash grab. Pretty much the reason I got out of gaming except for certain titles that I play on rainy days.

Exactly this.

Why waste resources on beta testing when you can let the customers do it for you? :rolleyes:

They have a deadline to meet and they don't care if the game is complete or not. They know people will still buy it, even if it needs several patches to work out the bugs. They periodically release any extra content as DLC ($$$) instead of including it in the initial release.

It's such a crock of $hit. Madden came out last week, and I've been reading about all the glitches and how upset these people are for buying the game. One of the most hyped up features this year (new scouting system in franchise mode) won't even be added until late September, a month after the game was released! That is ridiculous.

I haven't bought Madden in years, once I realized they only care about making money from the kids playing "Ultimate Team" and ignoring the rest of the game. It's sad because I love the NFL and used to buy Madden every year. EA Sports can suck it.

Exactly this.

Why waste resources on beta testing when you can let the customers do it for you? :rolleyes:

They have a deadline to meet and they don't care if the game is complete or not. They know people will still buy it, even if it needs several patches to work out the bugs. They periodically release any extra content as DLC ($$$) instead of including it in the initial release.

It's such a crock of $hit. Madden came out last week, and I've been reading about all the glitches and how upset these people are for buying the game. One of the most hyped up features this year (new scouting system in franchise mode) won't even be added until late September, a month after the game was released! That is ridiculous.

I haven't bought Madden in years, once I realized they only care about making money from the kids playing "Ultimate Team" and ignoring the rest of the game. It's sad because I love the NFL and used to buy Madden every year. EA Sports can suck it.
An aside from racing games to touch on your point here.... as excited as I am about EA Sports bringing back their College Football game I am also deathly afraid its going to be a bastardized version of the game that I remember playing all the way from being a child in grammar school, through high school, college and early adult hood. At this point seeing how terrible Madden is, I almost hope EA doesnt bring back NCAA Football. and I havent bought a Madden game since 2018 when I bought my Brother's PS4 and then bought a copy of Madden 18. Boy was I in for a surprise as I was still rocking my PS3 and Madden 11, which had like everything in it. , I havent even bought a PS 5 yet and with the quality of games going down and me pushing 40 soon I dont think I will. It's becoming clear that us OG gamers that were born in the middle to late 80s and grew up in the 90's playing these titles religiously and grew up with them....arnt the target customers anymore. Its the kids now and younger who have access to their parents credit cards and can rake up "Madden Ultimate" fees all day long. Its a bummer to see Video Games become this.

An aside from racing games to touch on your point here.... as excited as I am about EA Sports bringing back their College Football game I am also deathly afraid its going to be a bastardized version of the game that I remember playing all the way from being a child in grammar school, through high school, college and early adult hood. At this point seeing how terrible Madden is, I almost hope EA doesnt bring back NCAA Football. and I havent bought a Madden game since 2018 when I bought my Brother's PS4 and then bought a copy of Madden 18. Boy was I in for a surprise as I was still rocking my PS3 and Madden 11, which had like everything in it. , I havent even bought a PS 5 yet and with the quality of games going down and me pushing 40 soon I dont think I will. It's becoming clear that us OG gamers that were born in the middle to late 80s and grew up in the 90's playing these titles religiously and grew up with them....arnt the target customers anymore. Its the kids now and younger who have access to their parents credit cards and can rake up "Madden Ultimate" fees all day long. Its a bummer to see Video Games become this.

Spot on.

It's crazy to see how a game like Madden 2005 has more features and is far deeper than Madden '17 or Madden '22. Hell, I still play NCAA Football '14, which is still a fun game especially with the "CF Revamped" update (modern uniforms, rosters, coaches, etc).

But at this point, there's no excuse why we don't have a decent NASCAR game to play. Hopefully this new game will be a step in the right direction.

Spot on.

It's crazy to see how a game like Madden 2005 has more features and is far deeper than Madden '17 or Madden '22. Hell, I still play NCAA Football '14, which is still a fun game especially with the "CF Revamped" update (modern uniforms, rosters, coaches, etc).

But at this point, there's no excuse why we don't have a decent NASCAR game to play. Hopefully this new game will be a step in the right direction.
I still play NCAA 13 from time to time. It’s insane how in-depth the mid 2000’s to early 2010’s games are and now..just crap.

Pros that I see so far:

Graphics look good. I see air temp, wind direction etc. rather or not this has affect race in and race out will wait to be seen.

Cons:

AI appear to be running on rails. Camera angles appear to be zoomed in and not what we will be seeing. Also on the set up screen I hope we have in depth set ups and Not just sliders.

Looking toward to the next release

If the AI runs on rails, I think it will suck. The AI should be racing each other, not serving as obstacles.

I'm so tired if the CPU's race getting screwed up because they can't pass.

Dover, Martinsville, Richmond, every race, the leader will get stuck behind the 40th place car, glued to their bumper for 6 laps, and end up finishing 10th. The only cars who pass are the ones forced to the opposite line.

I have to drop off my pace just to keep some sense of realism.

Nr2003 got it.

This doesn't. Cars look paper thin, gloss is odd, and the AI doesn't look promising.

Happy about the unreal engine, and think I may be proven wrong, as there's not much out there, but these two videos aren't impressing me. At all. By expectations are what they were for heat 3-5. Shame.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If the AI runs on rails, I think it will suck. The AI should be racing each other, not serving as obstacles.

I'm so tired if the CPU's race getting screwed up because they can't pass.

Dover, Martinsville, Richmond, every race, the leader will get stuck behind the 40th place car, glued to their bumper for 6 laps, and end up finishing 10th. The only cars who pass are the ones forced to the opposite line.

I have to drop off my pace just to keep some sense of realism.

Nr2003 got it.

This doesn't. Cars look paper thin, gloss is odd, and the AI doesn't look promising.

Happy about the unreal engine, and think I may be proven wrong, as there's not much out there, but these two videos aren't impressing me. At all. By expectations are what they were for heat 3-5. Shame.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
yah I am about done with the NASCAR games myself. I'm still playing Heat 4. Thats good enough and when I get really nostalgic I play NASCAR Thunder 04 which is for me the GOAT of NASCAR games. The F1 games are my go for a racing fix and oddly, Tony Stewarts dirt racing game is pretty good too.

I still have a GameCube (lol) with Thunder 2003, or whatever year Dale Jr was on the cover. I really need to break it out sometime

Hell I restarted a career mode on Dirt To Daytona the other night after this thread. Best console game ever made IMO.

Well the graphics look amazing. and wow those spoilers are huge, didnt realize.

Back
Top Bottom