2021 NASCAR video game by Motorsport Games

Some cause for excitement, but for what will primarily be a single player game for me, the AI is incredibly bad. No fully functioning rear view mirror is also concerning. I'll buy, but it needs big time patching. Kinda bummed out and surprised they let streamers have early access in this state.

OK. When I watch racing games streamed, Kneebon on youtube is more my speed. Deadpan humor and a great watch to watch telemetry and learn for the week's iracing.

He's frankly a pretty s****y driver too, unless that's also part of the schtick.
He used to actually try when he first started, which is why I would watch his stuff after Jeff Favigano stopped doing as much racing content.

Jeff does have an Ignition video up now too.

I really want to get this on Xbox, but I just think it'll be better on PC with wheel and mod potential

Some cause for excitement, but for what will primarily be a single player game for me, the AI is incredibly bad. No fully functioning rear view mirror is also concerning. I'll buy, but it needs big time patching. Kinda bummed out and surprised they let streamers have early access in this state.
Yup. Looks absolutely terrible.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yup. Looks absolutely terrible.

I think one thing yall may not know is that these early releases for streaming givin to certain influencers are still not complete builds and MotorSports has tried to make that fairly clear. I fully expect most bugs to be patched by release date and if not a day 1 patch will probably be released.

Regardless, this game seems to be miles ahead of the Heat games and better than anything we’ve gotten since EA sports had the contract.

I think one thing yall may not know is that these early releases for streaming givin to certain influencers are still not complete builds and MotorSports has tried to make that fairly clear. I fully expect most bugs to be patched by release date and if not a day 1 patch will probably be released.

Regardless, this game seems to be miles ahead of the Heat games and better than anything we’ve gotten since EA sports had the contract.
I hope you're right Chexs. For me personally these games start and end with the AI. I do love having career mode stats, but if the AI doesn't stretch out on speedways and they're running like Talladega every single week, and ramming into the players then I don't really care for it.

At this point, I want the feel of iRacing without the stress of racing real people. To be able to use the bumper and not draw the wrath of hell...

I hope you're right Chexs. For me personally these games start and end with the AI. I do love having career mode stats, but if the AI doesn't stretch out on speedways and they're running like Talladega every single week, and ramming into the players then I don't really care for it.

The first major red flag for me was AI cars dropping to apron or cutting the doglegs at Charlotte/Texas with zero effect.

surprised they let streamers have early access in this state.
Same here. I don’t know if they’ll love that move in hindsight…

I get that there will be somethings fixed up… but the stuff I’m looking at like ‘lack of tire smoke’ seems to be what the design is actually supposed to be…

I don’t know if patches are supposed to clean up everything people are pointing out.

Glitches… totally are what patches are for.

Im just noticing things that seem like that’s what they were ‘going for’.

I was curious about this title. But not too much now. It looks like they have a good base to build from. Hopefully they’ll continue to release some more in the seasons to come. I’ll be willing to take a look after they work with this a little more

The first major red flag for me was AI cars dropping to apron or cutting the doglegs at Charlotte/Texas with zero effect.
I kid you not, I'm not being reactionary here, If the racing is anything like it was in Radmans video, I'm not getting this game.

I understand the 550 package makes it harder to pass, but the entire race he ran had cars running in a pack sort of train tracking. There was a lead pack and a secondary pack like you see at Daytona. Absolutely no separation amongst the leaders or mid-pack cars. This is an absolute deal breaker for me.

I want to run down a single car ahead of me, I want to be racing against a single car for two or three laps before making the pass. Every time I get near a car I don't want there to be another four or five cars within 3/10 of a second near me. Total deal breaker

I kid you not, I'm not being reactionary here, If the racing is anything like it was in Radmans video, I'm not getting this game.

I understand the 550 package makes it harder to pass, but the entire race he ran had cars running in a pack sort of train tracking. There was a lead pack and a secondary pack like you see at Daytona. Absolutely no separation amongst the leaders or mid-pack cars. This is an absolute deal breaker for me.

I want to run down a single car ahead of me, I want to be racing against a single car for two or three laps before making the pass. Every time I get near a car I don't want there to be another four or five cars within 3/10 of a second near me. Total deal breaker

From my understanding they got one that’s not exactly the day one release or whatever.

I’m impressed by the hype they created though… they hit the grand slam on advertising the last couple months or so…

A bug that I would really hope is fixed is getting black flagged for going beneath the yellow line at any track. Looks like a hold over rule from the demo at Talladega, because even if you go down pit road for the pass through, it doesnt fix the black flag.

Also the AI checks up big time every lap at the start finish line. That needs to be fixed.

A bug that I would really hope is fixed is getting black flagged for going beneath the yellow line at any track. Looks like a hold over rule from the demo at Talladega, because even if you go down pit road for the pass through, it doesnt fix the black flag.

Also the AI checks up big time every lap at the start finish line. That needs to be fixed.
Hmm. That was an issue with Eutechnix as well

At this point, I want the feel of iRacing without the stress of racing real people. To be able to use the bumper and not draw the wrath of hell...

Just do a league race that isn’t super serious

I’m gonna wait a bit before I buy it. Think all I miss out on getting by not pre ordering is Bill Elliott as a driver which I don’t mind lol.

This game is getting slaughtered on YouTube. I was thinking of pre ordering on Amazon, might take a pass now and just play Heat 4 for a bit longer now. If this game ends up being awful it makes me incredibly nervous for the Indy Car game coming out which will be made by this same company if I’m not mistaken

This game is getting slaughtered on YouTube. I was thinking of pre ordering on Amazon, might take a pass now and just play Heat 4 for a bit longer now. If this game ends up being awful it makes me incredibly nervous for the Indy Car game coming out which will be made by this same company if I’m not mistaken
One too many bit longer now’s. Proof reading is your friend

Everyone’s playing an early build without a day 1 patch. I’m waiting til that’s out and everything first. It’s really bad right now but I’m hoping that the patch fixes it. But it could end up still being trash after that. Just gotta hope

Why do video games suck now? We peaked 15 years ago.
It’s pathetic but also kind of funny that a NASCAR game made in 2003 (Thunder 04) could potentially be better than one in 2021. That’s mind boggling to me. Video games kind of suck now. The only thing keeping me going is the return of College Football and that’s probably going to be a huge letdown too

It’s pathetic but also kind of funny that a NASCAR game made in 2003 (Thunder 04) could potentially be better than one in 2021. That’s mind boggling to me. Video games kind of suck now. The only thing keeping me going is the return of College Football and that’s probably going to be a huge letdown too

We used to have multiple good options. Once EA got the exclusive NFL license, they phoned it in. Madden keeps getting worse with every console generation. No more NCAA football or college hoops. Only one option for NBA, MLB, and NHL. We went years without a NASCAR game, then got the Heat crap. Even outside of sports, I feel like games are a lot worse. Call of Duty hasn't been great since Black Ops 2, and that was a decade ago.

At this point, I'm just patiently waiting for the next Grand Theft Auto. Maybe one of the Forza games.

FB_IMG_1634704441705.jpg

We used to have multiple good options. Once EA got the exclusive NFL license, they phoned it in. Madden keeps getting worse with every console generation. No more NCAA football or college hoops. Only one option for NBA, MLB, and NHL. We went years without a NASCAR game, then got the Heat crap. Even outside of sports, I feel like games are a lot worse. Call of Duty hasn't been great since Black Ops 2, and that was a decade ago.

At this point, I'm just patiently waiting for the next Grand Theft Auto. Maybe one of the Forza games.
All I do is play No Man's Sky. Game went from a released dumpster fire in 2016, just like this. Did not match the hype/false marketing.

The dev team is super engaged with the community. Constantly adding features and updates. It's an award winning game that's more than what it was advertised as.

Have you played Madden lately? Yeah. They'll ruin the college game too.

I agree, but I've had a lot of fun with this latest Black Ops. Vanguard beta sucked so bad that it'll be the first COD that I don't buy at launch since... 2 on the xbox 360? I feel you though. Madden used to be a yearly ritual, now I download it every year because of free trial, play a couple games, and delete it. The NHL and MLB The Show games are good, just not my jam.
If you want a shooter, look at Insurgency Sandstorm. It has been a breath of fresh air and a throwback to old school Ghost Recon and Rainbow 6 games before they went whatever the hell they are now.

I do miss College Hoops games, those low key were so good IMO. I adored the NCAA March Madness games by EA. Only current franchises left I play are Madden (not as good as what it was on PS3), FIFA, MLB The Show (LOVE It) and NBA 2K. I tried NHL 20, liked it but I don’t follow hockey well enough to really really play an extended time through and tried PGA Tour 2K which was good I thought but not as good as the EA PGA games. I guess what I’m trying to say is I just want a good NASCAR game, shame we keep getting this crap.

Same. I know better, yet I'm sure I'll be bored and buy Ignition 21 anyway then hate myself.
Ha ha I’m gonna keep subjecting myself to Heat 4. Not jumping on board with this new one, to not even have a track map in the year 2021 on a racing game is pathetic. That’s the LEAST you can do.

I'd be FAR more forgiving of Ignition if they weren't charging full price for the game. We know it's a glorified tech demo and not a full game. It's featuring one series with a car that will not be used 3 weeks after game launch. They really should have charged $40 for it AT MOST then gone up to full price, well, once it's a full game next go round.

Literally everything gets slaughtered on Youtube. It’s almost even with Twitter for being a social media cesspool.

Back
Top Bottom