2021 Race Start Times

kkfan91

Everyones an outlaw til its time to do outlaw s%&#
Earlier starts? No! Every race starts late!

Truck night and Xfinity day-night transition Daytona RC races will be nice.

FOX put one whole Xfinity/Truck race OTA, last couple of years it seems they’ve been moving all of them to cable.

Well, I just wrote off going down to Homestead for both cup and Xfinity. It's about 3 hours for me one way. If they started around 1 I would go.
Maybe I will change mind if we get a place to stay in Key Largo.

Well, I just wrote off going down to Homestead for both cup and Xfinity. It's about 3 hours for me one way. If they started around 1 I would go.
Maybe I will change mind if we get a place to stay in Key Largo.
Yeah, it forces most fans to make overnight stays. Maybe the networks figure nobody's going to be there anyway?

Yeah, it forces most fans to make overnight stays. Maybe the networks figure nobody's going to be there anyway?
Got to slide into that evening time slot for network gravy KaChow. Probably end up cutting the race off if they have any kind of rain delay. I'm more interested in that programming myself.

The later start times are also going to affect how many races we attend. Currently, we go to five races with only one being a planned weekend stay, Darlington Fall. We live outside Atlanta so that’s obviously a one day deal. But Talladega is also only 2 hours from us, we commute for both Spring and Fall races there too, both Saturday and Sunday. It’s a really easy drive, even easier than Atlanta. Our other race is Michigan where we stay with family about 1-1/2 hours away. Now that the races are late afternoon that means after the race and getting out of the parking lot you’re looking at 7-8pm getting on the road and getting home 9-10pm on a Sunday night. We’re going to give it a try in 2021 since our tickets all rolled over from not going in 2020, but I’m skeptical it’s going to be better than the 2pm starts we had at those tracks. We would be home around 8pm. We’ll see.

Back
Top Bottom