2021 Silly Season

Tifft/McLeod is partnering with Falk to buy the charter from GoFas.

Hopefully Tifft’s rich family money makes this team a top 30 team like Lajoie did.

All of the 20s sponsors basically were there before Erik took the steering wheel. Im not surprised to hear that none are going along with him.

It’s basically the same sponsor package which was in place while Kenseth wheeled the car.

Rusty Wallace said it himself, watching Dale die was his wake up call and he knew it was his time to walk away. However he also admitted he was gun shy before this event, it was just the icing on the cake.

To be fair I have heard him comment this line of thinking. I remember someone asking him about the events of the 01 daytona 500 and what it made him think about for himself, he mentioned that it definitely was a wake up call and got his mind to thinking...

but i have also heard what another reply stats saying that ‘rusty regretted leaving so soon’. Rusty has mentioned once that he knew he made a mistake towards the end of 2005... he mentioned when he pulled the car into the garage after the homestead race that he was sorta upset with himself, he said he wasn’t ready for it to be over.

both statements are things he’s discussed

jimmie johnson told a story that sounds like it was either 2006 or 2007(early in Jimmie’s cup days) that Rusty stopped him in the garage and told him ‘don’t you stop doing this stuff until you are ready to stop’. Jimmie said Rustys point was to not let anyone encourage you to leave before you decide yourself.

Last edited:
Am I mis-remembering or didn't GoFas announce a closer relationship with SHR this year and going forward? I was really hoping to see them take some steps forward and Lajoie has had some nice runs in that car.

Not really sure what it is people expect from these relationships, Lajoie was on record saying that the teams Bristol chassis was 8 years old, hard to make steps forward with 8 year old technology

Not really sure what it is people expect from these relationships, Lajoie was on record saying that the teams Bristol chassis was 8 years old, hard to make steps forward with 8 year old technology

Hence the reason I was asking about the relationship that I thought I remembered hearing about. I personally do not "expect" anything from an alliance, but why bother if you are still running "8 year old" equipment. Seems like a waste to me. But that is just my opinion.

Hence the reason I was asking about the relationship that I thought I remembered hearing about. I personally do not "expect" anything from an alliance, but why bother if you are still running "8 year old" equipment. Seems like a waste to me. But that is just my opinion.
Alliances are a funny thing.

It all depends on the amount of money that can be put fourth. Lajoie finished in the top 15 at Martinsville in a Roush chassis that was about 10 years old, I don't think it was much of a major alliance between themselves and SHR.

It's likely an 6 or 8 year old car has been clipped three or four times.

New clips bring upgrades. Several years ago, Biffle won a Cup race in a "6" year old car.

Some times old is better. I know other teams had older cars they kept for special
tracks. Now they seldom would pass inspection.

I just hope this Tifff/McLeod-Falk team is like GoFas and not leeching off the Rick Ware Racing **** boxes.

I'm sorry but Ware and his 4 charters are an embarassment. They make BK Racing & Ron Devine look like world beaters as far as I'm concerned.

Hopefully one of Ware's charters is sold to the 37 team and the other one is a Spire charter because 2 Ware charters and a couple open teams is more than enough.

Did you get home okay or are you still on some St. Pete street corner, wondering when the race will resume and if @FLRacingFan forgot to pick you up?
Absolutely, I left and waited for traffic to die down after the race. Got a bite to eat, rehydrated and got on the road.

Unfortunately no we did not, the kid is quite elusive.

Absolutely, I left and waited for traffic to die down after the race. Got a bite to eat, rehydrated and got on the road.

Unfortunately no we did not, the kid is quite elusive.
You knew when FL showed up and gave you a big rubber thumb and a new pair of shoes that is was time to find another ride or it was going to be a long hitch hike.

So, with the Willy B CC news, where does that leave Cliff Daniels? With Larson in the 88?

Cliff has potential to be a good CC. He can some times set up good cars. But adjusting through out the race is a challenge.

Guy is super likeable over the radio and honestly seems to have the right leadership qualities and motivation skills.

If he can ever learn to adjust through out the race, and CC his drivers to some wins, he has potential to be a championship CC imo. He's raw, but all the tools seem to be there.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SMH at all this raving and gushing about Rudy Fugle. When exactly did Chad Knaus become chopped liver? The man has won 80-some Cup races and 7 Cup championships. And y'all are talking like Chad's job change and putting Rudy up on the pit box is finally gonna get William Byron to the front... LOL.

I have nothing against Rudy Fugle. I just think the tone of this discussion is ludicrous... that the 24 team finally has the crew chief they have been needing all along. SMH.

SMH at all this raving and gushing about Rudy Fugle. When exactly did Chad Knaus become chopped liver? The man has won 80-some Cup races and 7 Cup championships. And y'all are talking like Chad's job change and putting Rudy up on the pit box is finally gonna get William Byron to the front... LOL.

I have nothing against Rudy Fugle. I just think the tone of this discussion is ludicrous... that the 24 team finally has the crew chief they have been needing all along. SMH.
Might be because Chad has been promoted next year. To make it a bit planer..he won't be a crew chief. Hendrick went outside to hire Rudy Fugle and Fugle has a really good resume

His replacement will be 36-year-old Rudy Fugle, who's resume is an impressive one as well. He has led Kyle Busch Motorsports to two driver and five owner titles, winning 28 races for the second-most all-time.

Fugle has worked with Byron previously in 2016, leading him to seven Truck wins at KBM. Kyle Busch, Greg Biffle, Christopher Bell, Erik Jones and Noah Gragson have all won with Fugle calling the shots. To your credit and I am sure others, if Byron doesn't produce with Fugle he can't win in anything Cup.

Lew, I think what you are seeing in Chad is burn out and that is quite common when a man has been so dedicated for so long. He will be just as valuable in his new position.
In the mean time these young guys need people who speak their language.

I don’t see how a combo with chemistry isn’t an improvement when Chad is the guy that will oversee the whole organization.

Moving Randall Burnett it seemed from the 2 Xfinity car with Reddick to the 8 car seemed to give RCR a jolt.

I don’t see how a combo with chemistry isn’t an improvement when Chad is the guy that will oversee the whole organization.

Moving Randall Burnett it seemed from the 2 Xfinity car with Reddick to the 8 car seemed to give RCR a jolt.
It definitely has potential given that they are already somewhat familiar with each other and had success together. Also coming from the truck series, Fugle is more used to working with and sometimes guiding etc young(er) drivers.

Back
Top Bottom