2021 U.S. Grand Prix

mercedes srateegery has been borked all year,
loouie should have push hard for 1 more lap, then pit, max burn up tires when close.
keeping the lead was critical.

So do they have FanVision or a good website and/or handheld to follow F1 at the track with the obstructed views?

That’s my problem with a lot of road courses…… obstructed sight lines.

F1 at COTA - 140,000 fans

IndyCar at IMS - 350,000 fans

Thought they said 400,000 fans or was that a total count for all 3 days?

F1 at COTA - 140,000 fans

IndyCar at IMS - 350,000 fans

Nothing in the U.S. will top the Indy 500 in terms of single day attendance, which is as it should be.

That doesn't diminish how notable it is that a foreign-based racing promotion is growing at this level within America. Where the COTA event sits now along with the addition of another stateside GP and possibly more to come was unimaginable 15 years ago. I don't entirely get the fervor, but it may be worth understanding if one is interested in the business side of sports and entertainment.

Last edited:
1.225M viewers on ABC Sunday. 2019 edition earned 861K and 2018 earned 791K (since the Mouse picked up rights).
It's done well and the Rat has done well with F1.

S/o to Mother's Polish for making F1 commercial free on race day. Now, if FOX and Comcast would listen as well for NASCAR...

F1 and FIA are smart due to F1 having its "core" sponsors like Aramco, Rolex, etc all having billboards everywhere. I feel as if NASCAR should pay attention in that aspect.

They do a great job of brand placement, however instead of a commercial, flash ads in a spot on screen to have a similar effect. Maybe mute the broadcast for 6 to as long as 30 seconds to push the commercial and move on.

The commercial free broadcasts of F1 races are great. I have emailed the proper people in the past few years to let them know how much I appreciate this. I tune into a race and stay focused the entire time and totally enjoy my time in front of the tv.

NASCAR is the worst and we've all discussed this in the past. I've literally turned off races because they air so many commercials. That, and the constant useless chatter from the announcers. Apparently NASCAR still has plenty of viewers so they aren't going to change.

This was the fourth time this year an F1 race had a larger 18-49 audience than a Cup race on the same weekend - I do hope that gets NASCAR and IndyCar to reevaluate their overall presentation, promotion, and engagement. Hamlin and Elliott had some thoughts on that over the weekend as well.

Interesting stuff on the Internet from Martin Brundle about his COTA grid walk. I already made a comment here during this subject.

Back
Top Bottom