2021 Wise Power 400 Pre-Race Thread

So, supposedly Kyle Busch needed his transaxle replaced.

According to Pockcrass, he's still waiting on official word on what is to happen with Ky. Busch.

He was saying yesterday that it was making a noise that he has heard in his sand cars. He said he didn't know what it was but it always means they need to go to the shop.

So Austin Cindric is the real deal huh?

Blaney needs to start finding that "it" factor consistently and that 12 team as a whole, him included, need to start putting full races together. Ryan has shown too much race winning speed to continue to NOT be a contending driver.

Hope to see more of last year from him, otherwise, he may end up being the weak link at Penske.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So Austin Cindric is the real deal huh?

Blaney needs to start finding that "it" factor consistently and that 12 team as a whole, him included, need to start putting full races together. Ryan has shown too much race winning speed to continue to NOT be a contending driver.

Hope to see more of last year from him, otherwise, he may end up being the weak link at Penske.

You decided to close your eyes all of last season when it came to Blaney, huh?

Penske really doesn't have a weak link, how do you come up with these insane and very reactionary opinions not even two races into a season? Even if Brad was still in the 2 and Cindric in the 21, the organization is about as stout as they come.

Penske really doesn't have a weak link, how do you come up with these insane and very reactionary opinions not even two races into a season? Even if Brad was still in the 2 and Cindric in the 21, the organization is about as stout as they come.
You have heard of throwing s**t at the wall and see what sticks?

I disagree, as my post had nothing to do with the strength of the organization as a whole.

What a ridiculous response Kiante, seriously.

Blaney is my second favorite driver, and I did not close my eyes when it came to him. Do me a favor, and drop the snark, will ya? Your tone isn't necessary.

Secondly, I believe I addressed Blaney's strength last season when I said I want to see more of last year. Did I not? Breakout 3 win season and he was in the conversation for final 4. But results have been consistently left on the table since he hopped in that 12 car, even last year, despite a break out win total. Putting full races together seemed to be one of the 12 team's issues for quite some time.

And given the potential Cindric has shown for the past few years and his hot start in cup, it's not unreasonable to discuss whether or not the 12 will be the 3rd best team/driver down the line at team Penske and if that team can overcome that barrier keeping them from executing at a championship level. Perhaps I should have specified weak link as "third best performing car in the three car organization". In any event, it was far from reactionary.

Last edited:
I disagree, as my post had nothing to do with the strength of the organization as a whole.

Blaney is my second favorite driver, and I did not close my eyes when it came to him. Do me a favor, and drop the snark, will ya? Your tone isn't necessary.

Secondly, I believe I addressed Blaney's strength last season when I said I want to see more of last year. Did I not? Breakout 3 win season and he was in the conversation for final 4. But results have been consistently left on the table since he hopped in that 12 car, even last year, despite a break out win total. Putting full races together seemed to be one of the 12 team's issues for quite some time.

And given the potential Cindric has shown for the past few years and his hot start in cup, it's not unreasonable to discuss whether or not the 12 will be the 3rd best team/driver down the line at team Penske and if that team can overcome that barrier keeping them from executing at a championship level. Perhaps I should have specified weak link as "third best performing car in the three car organization". In any event, it was far from reactionary.

Wasnt it Blaney he threw the block on to win the 500? We have yet to run Auto Club and congrats to the 2 on the pole but Blaney is 6th in the lineup and forgive me if I wait for more then one race ( or 10 for that matter) to speculate that Blaney may be the 3# man. Nonsense.

So, supposedly Kyle Busch needed his transaxle replaced.

According to Pockcrass, he's still waiting on official word on what is to happen with Ky. Busch.

Just heard that he keeps his starting spot.....Okay, in a spec world, how does this work now? JGR is not responsible for the transaxle, so they get to replace it at no penalty....Does that go for all parts now given that they are spec?

• Wow
Reactions: Pat

You said all of that to say nothing.

You're simply over analyzing the situation, its not even a second race into a season. Okay, so Cindric is catching on a bit quicker because of the fact the field has been equalized with the new car. Cool, but to sit here and say Blaney is number three is outrageous.

Give it time because this is something new for every single driver in the field. This season's field of rookies came in at a great time.

Oh my. It's California, home of the Yotas I guess, give them a break?

If that's the case, let's get the rocket fuel and Bondo out! Cali is not the home of Toyota BTW. That is now Plano, TX. Cali is the home of TRD Headquarters.....aka Heaven on Earth to me.

Figures, replace the whole rear end on the Yotas and nothing, an electrical problem and to the rear for the bowties. I have never known an instance where a blown trans or rear end and that team didn't start from the back

You said all of that to say nothing.

You're simply over analyzing the situation, its not even a second race into a season. Okay, so Cindric is catching on a bit quicker because of the fact the field has been equalized with the new car. Cool, but to sit here and say Blaney is number three is outrageous.

Give it time because this is something new for every single driver in the field. This season's field of rookies came in at a great time.
Question is why is Blaney dropping to the 3 slot and not Logano? Using his metric Blaney finished better at Daytona and out qualified the 22 at Auto Club.

Question is why is Blaney dropping to the 3 slot and not Logano? Using his metric Blaney finished better at Daytona and out qualified the 22 at Auto Club.
Eh my deal is that anyone who can think they know what is going to happen this season after L.A. and Daytona with a driver or the series is simply a fairy tale teller at this point

Figures, replace the whole rear end on the Yotas and nothing, an electrical problem and to the rear for the bowties. I have never known an instance where a blown trans or rear end and that team didn't start from the back
The transaxle is a “supplied“sealed unit. Teams can’t repair it in or out of the car.

The wiring harness is designed, installed and maintained by the individual teams.

The transaxle is a “supplied“sealed unit. Teams can’t repair it in or out of the car.

The wiring harness is designed, installed and maintained by the individual teams.
yeah so. That doesn't mean you can blow it up and not go to the rear.

This is a misunderstanding. Logano is a cup champion, the longest tenured driver with by far the most success, and isn't dropping in the pecking order. All I'm doing is opening up a bit of speculative dialogue and discussion about the 12 team, and their history of execution.

It was not meant be a predictor of anything, which again I've specified. It seems as though you guys are attaching meanings and predictions to dispute onto a casual talking point that simply wasn't there. I've cleared it up already, and If I'm overanlyzing for nothing, you guys are nitpicking for nothing. Time to move on.

Because the No. 45 failed pre-qualifying inspection three times, Kurt Busch starts at the rear and must serve a "pass-through" penalty once the race goes green.

Is that a "stop & go" penalty or just a slow cruise down pit row ?

asking for a friend . . . .

Has everyone forgot this is Nascar, where we make up the rules as we go along and points don't really matter....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom