2022 106th Indianapolis 500 Race Thread

Just finished watching the race, I lost connection to the internet with 25 to go when Dixon was just serving his penalty :windows:
Ericsson was running in the Top 6 positions almost all day, made two great passes on the AMSP cars and did a great job defending his lead in the GWC. Gutted for Dixon though.

Honestly I'm open to that Sky subscription now. Paying to watch races is better than not watching at all.

Scott Dixon has won two or three poles in the last three years, and has been the man to beat every time. He got outrun by Sato in 2000, but last year has had a refueling disaster that cost him two laps and this year it was a penally on his last stop. Even Lloyd Ruby would agree that's just plain horrible luck.
I disagree. Scott Dixon had wonderful luck in this Indy 500. Perfect luck. One yellow flag eliminated his strongest rival - Pato O'Ward, who really did have rottrn luck. Another yellow flag came at the perfect time to eliminate Dixon's fuel consumption weakness and set him up to cruise home the winner.

Dixon threw the victory away in a moment of brainless non-execution. It was really borderline arrogance. He had no reason to charge the pit lane that way, absolutely on the razor's edge. He has no one to blame but himself... certainly not a victim of bad luck.

Congratulations to Marcus Ericsson, who was both fast and strategic all day and executed flawlessly. A deserving winner. I'm also unhappy about the ROTY travesty, like all of y'all seem to be.

Bringing up Lloyd Ruby I can see that fuel hose ripping the car open like it was last week. My Dad was a big fan of his and it really gutted him.

Back
Top Bottom