2022 12Hrs of Sebring

s-l1600.jpg

The Indycar race isn't going to be any better than it was last year. The PNJ compound is going to make the upper groove useless. I'll watch it on Monday or something.

Winner of the 1971 Sebring 12 hours passes: Vic Elford, 1935-2022 | RACER

NH449MG_540x.gif
Just no reason for a conflict when Sebring has the same date every year and IndyCar does almost nothing before May every year. A shame for the drivers and teams that work across both paddocks. At least they found good fill-ins and we still have the largest Sebring field in eight years.

🖕NBC’s IndyCar Texas conflict
Maybe I'm misreading the schedule on TVRacer, but isn't Sebring on Saturday (Peacock (entire race) and USA (last 7 hours only) ) and Indy Texas on Sunday (NBC)? :blink: What's the conflict (other than Sebring opposite the Atlanta supporting double-header)?

Maybe I'm misreading the schedule on TVRacer, but isn't Sebring on Saturday (Peacock (entire race) and USA (last 7 hours only) ) and Indy Texas on Sunday (NBC)? :blink: What's the conflict (other than Sebring opposite the Atlanta supporting double-header)?
Being on the same weekend at all, so drivers have to miss Sebring because NBC wanted Texas on this weekend.

MPC just never disappoints. Always last lap antics.
2 more days of glorious sports car racing!

I have never been a big fan of endurance racing but an 8-hour WEC race and a 12-hour IMSA race on the same weekend would be hard to pass on if I lived anywhere near the track.
Looks like Eurosport 1 will be showing the entire WEC race.

WEC Hypercar and LMP2 qualifying is crazy.

I think Alpine is on pole. Glick in 2nd and Toyota in 3rd and 4th, class wise.

AF Corse Pro-Am car qualified 3rd overall.

LMP1s were outlandishly expensive. We should be glad GTE is biting the bullet, too. Paying between 10 to 20 million a year on the GTE platform was far too much.

Bourdais set a DPi lap record for pole. Cadillac own this place, I’d be surprised if they don’t win again tomorrow. BMW seem to have sorted out the M4.

I think the WEC race will actually be decent today. Might be some rain late too.

Bourdais set a DPi lap record for pole. Cadillac own this place, I’d be surprised if they don’t win again tomorrow. BMW seem to have sorted out the M4.

I think the WEC race will actually be decent today. Might be some rain late too.
They sure turned the grid upside down for the WEC race, didn't they? There's a P2 car third on the grid!

Sometimes I really don’t get Jose Maria Lopez.

If there’s anything IMSA’s missing it’s the WEC race control. Weird that they can run the same cars on the same track without all of the goofy full course yellow procedures. That and the 911 RSR I’ve missed. Sounds much better than the GT3 version.

Race day. Time for Peacock to justify itself. Trying to decide whether to stick with this through the afternoon or watch NASCAR Trucks live to see how the new Atlanta configuration runs.

USA coverage starts at 3:30 PM EDT and runs through the end. Looks good for no weather today.

#01 SeaBass pitting on second lap. Taking the cowl off. Can't shift. Cowl back on but no urgency. Still talking to Seb with door open. Refueled and back out, one down. Still having problems downshifting, having to use clutch with left foot, brake with right for every braking / downshift combo.

Last edited:
*16 Porche Robichon pitting; tires off, apparently checking brakes; possible tranny problems too!. Rolling again. Still can't get it to stay in gear. Straight to the garage after one slow lap.

#74 Robinson LMP3 spun; no help. #22 McGuire LMP2 also stalled on track.

#5 Vautier pitting, expecting yellow?

Weird start with the very early mechanical issues.

The LMP3 car spinning through Sunset Bend and then deciding to do donuts in the middle of the turn was fantastic. Never change, P3.

Drive-thru penalty for #02 Lynn for passing in a local yellow (#13's wall trip). Was 2nd before the penalty. Stewards reject the appeal that 'The other kids did it!'

Back
Top Bottom