2022 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg

I don’t like to take much away from testing or practice sessions but it might be tough sledding for Calderon this year.

Otherwise it looks pretty tight so far and qualifying is going to be awfully important this year.

Big statement from Scotty to beat out Will in that situation. I hope it’s a sign of things to come.
I didn't even know this thread was up... Lol.

Qualifying is going to be key this year. When I say this field is close, its close. Less than seven tenths in some cases separating the top 20?

That is nuts.

Man, it sucks for Hunter Mcelrae and Rasmussen as they both were really impressive.

I think Matty's experience in fuel conservation won this race for him.

Matty Brabham wins the IndyLights race!
Pretty sure no one else has ever won Lights races eight years apart?

Wonder if the longer singleheader instead of the normal shorter doubleheaders made fuel a factor there. Not sure I’ve seen someone run out like that before. And they even had cautions to help save.

Excited that the new season is here. Deepest field since? Looking more forward to the hybrid HP bump next year, but this should be an intriguing year.

Excited that the new season is here. Deepest field since? Looking more forward to the hybrid HP bump next year, but this should be an intriguing year.
I hope that’s still the case, but it might be bumped to 2024.

Probably a CART-quality field with better depth. Pretty damn stacked.

I might consider watching this on Peacock if it wasn't 8 seconds behind the TV broadcast.

It was far more annoying when it was 30-45 seconds. I'm not sure that 8 seconds is significant unless one is trying to do live commentary for an audience.

Good clean start. I wish they could get the tire options a little less obvious so that there were a bevy of strategies in play.

NBC showing off its unique talent for panning over a marina for 45 seconds while there are battles on track.

It's always the timing of the caution in this series. At least it didn't happen right in the middle of pit stops.

Back
Top Bottom