2022 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg

Would be nice to see a red tire that actually does functionally have more grip for say 10-15 laps, then the wear kicks in, rather than what is essentially a joker lane of a tire everyone has to take once.

Fantastic opening weekend for Indycar !!!! All the races were great plus a first time winner !
Going to be fun watching Ernie Francis Jr's progress in the lites all season.

Last edited:
Palou is really similar to Scott Dixon, he gets the most out of his races and maximizes them.

I can see Palou, if he stays consistent like this, he can repeat this year. Dude is a keeper for CGR.

McLaren and Andretti still have questions needing to be answered, but I'm happy to see IndyCar steaming on again.

Would be nice to see a red tire that actually does functionally have more grip for say 10-15 laps, then the wear kicks in, rather than what is essentially a joker lane of a tire everyone has to take once.
What would be really nice is to have one tire that does the job. I get a bit bored with the entire broadcast being about saving tires and saving fuel.

What would be really nice is to have one tire that does the job. I get a bit bored with the entire broadcast being about saving tires and saving fuel.
I've never like the requirement to use different tire compounds. Offer them but don't require each be used. If no one runs the reds, stop bringing them.

True, but as long as the cars are overly aero dependent, track position is king and such factors will be important. I'd just rather see an option tire that isn't an albatross.

Screenshot_20220226-221059_Gallery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom