2022 Honda Indy Toronto

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
I wonder if NBC will even bother to release any viewing figures next week.

Lots of inexperience with Toronto being on hiatus for a couple of years, a dozen drivers haven’t raced here before.

I wonder if NBC will even bother to release any viewing figures next week.

Lots of inexperience with Toronto being on hiatus for a couple of years, a dozen drivers haven’t raced here before.

Because of British Open on the tube. :( It will be interesting if they do viewing figures.

So, Devlin's lap was not disallowed because he did not cause the flag as Palou had an issue with his car.

Goodness.

Because of British Open on the tube. :( It will be interesting if they do viewing figures.
My biggest issue is probably that the entirety of the race will go up directly against Cup. There’s a lot happening on-track at Toronto, but with no TV windows to worry about you’d hope they’d be better able to avoid conflict.

Most of the rest of the season goes up against NASCAR races unfortunately. Can’t have car races starting before 3 PM Eastern.

Blistering pole lap from Herta, another good qualifying performance from a number of rookies. It’ll be interesting seeing both Power and Palou come from the back half of the grid.

I think it would be best for all parties involved if they don't, unless it is a vague "largest non-Indy 500 streaming viewership ever" type of release.
I'm voting with my eyeballs. My vote is "No."

Probably been more than five years since the last IndyCar race I totally skipped. I've streamed other races, including tons of MotoGP before they had a cable deal here in the U.S. But this feels different... a series that has a TV deal but strategically withheld... f**k NBC and their Peacock.

This is a little different having the race exclusively on Peacock but I'll be watching. I'll record the NASCAR race as I've done before and speed through the umpteen commercials and yellow flags and stages..... Got the NHRA today too so there's more recording. Indycar comes first!

My biggest issue is probably that the entirety of the race will go up directly against Cup. There’s a lot happening on-track at Toronto, but with no TV windows to worry about you’d hope they’d be better able to avoid conflict.

Most of the rest of the season goes up against NASCAR races unfortunately. Can’t have car races starting before 3 PM Eastern.
You would think they would at minimum put the IndyCar race on CNBC.

I understand why they are doing this and I enjoy Peacock, its an excellent streaming service, however for many is it really worth it for the series to stagnate any sort of growth shown over the past two years?

Can someone explain something to me, please? What is the deal with Marco Andretti?

Why is it he spends his time driving these NASCAR car races on Saturday nights against retired guys like, Tracy, Hunter Reay, Tony Kanaan, Greg Biffle and these other retired Nascar drivers- instead of driving IndyCar races?

And he can't even win one of those.
I don't get it.

So what's the deal?

Why is it he spends his time driving these NASCAR car races on Saturday nights against retired guys like, Tracy, Hunter Reay, Tony Kanaan, Greg Biffle and these other retired Nascar drivers- instead of driving IndyCar races?

And he can't even win one of those...

So what's the deal?

I think you answered your own question.. :idunno:

Can someone explain something to me, please? What is the deal with Marco Andretti?

And he can't even win one of those.
I don't get it.

So what's the deal?
I think Marco is much happier racing recreationally rather than professionally, and no longer having the pressure of living up to the family legacy. For a long time he never seemed really happy doing what he was, now he does. He’s enjoying himself off track now more too.

Is there a reason they're starting the race this late?
With NASCAR starting at 3pm or later IndyCar would be able to get most of their races in with a 1pm start.

I think Marco is much happier racing recreationally rather than professionally, and no longer having the pressure of living up to the family legacy. For a long time he never seemed really happy doing what he was, now he does. He’s enjoying himself off track now more too.
I always thought the expectation mountain was too steep to climb.

I always thought the expectation mountain was too steep to climb.
Honestly, that's OK. Never had an issue with Marco or even Graham.

It's hard being the next generation and not getting to that same point as those before them. However, go out and carve out out your own route. It would be monumental for the sport, but it is what it is.

Is there a reason they're starting the race this late?
With NASCAR starting at 3pm or later IndyCar would be able to get most of their races in with a 1pm start.
I’m honestly not sure. They had a couple of Road to Indy races, Indy warmup, and a couple of sports car races earlier today. I’d go to St. Pete races that started at noon or 1 and there’d be other on-track activity both before and after the IndyCar race. Can’t figure this one out.

Like I said earlier, the rest of the schedule is rife with conflicts like this.

Shortest twisty on the calendar + horribly small pit road + bumpy streets sounds like a good recipe for lots of calamity here.

It doesn't matter to me whether the race is on Peacock or a traditional network, and I stream everything anyway at this point. However, I certainly recognize that it's bad for overall viewership and exposure.

I can never stop chuckling at them saying "Romahhhn Grosjean".

Hoping that whatever happens, Herta doesn't overdrive himself into another blown victory today.

JJ pitting now, lap 35. Should be interesting to see how the strategy works out for those who started on blacks.

Felix puts Rossi in the wall. Looks like Felix turns his wheel into the #27. Boot speculates it was an attempt to straighten the car out.

Strange take from the booth. Rosenqvist lost the rear end, corrected and veered right into the side of Rossi, and their whole thing is "Welp, nothing you can do."

Racing incident yes, but the fault is more than clear.

Hope this isn't a big problem. The race has been moving along fast and exciting so don't want that interrupted.

Peacock can go to hell. I’ll try to see if I can watch without seeing the results.

Back
Top Bottom